It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making the case for NON-Disclosure...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hi all, I felt it was time we examine a possible reason or reason(s) for the U.S. to NOT disclose what it knows about aliens, UFO's, and such sundries. I know every week someone posts about a new deadline for disclosure or this project and this project has whistleblowers pushing for disclosure. Now before I begin I would like to say that myself, have seen 2 things I can't explain. Alien craft? I doubt it. I tend to feel my encounters were manmade and of our gov't. that being said I do believe that there are aliens somewhere out there. Now that that is out of the way, I would like to invite all believers, fence-sitters, skeptics and even the hardcore (we are alone) debunkers to chime in.

I am coming at this from the aspect, whether true or not, of the U.S. has recovered alien technology and is reverse engineering it for military and commercial purposes clandestinley. So let's get started.

Let's say tomorrow President Obama holds a presser and decides to give us what everyone in the UFO Believer community wants: full unhindered disclosure.
He tells a story beginning back since Roswell and elaborates on the technology that was retrieved, possible homeworld and even has experts whom worked on the projects fully disclose EVERYTHING! What would happen? Most believers would tell you it would open up a new era in openess and technology the would put us on a path to solving our world's ills. A noble idea to be sure. But is it based in fact or the hopes and dreams of optimists? As a lifelong student of military doctrine and global geo-politics I may have another possibility that isn't quite so utopian. That being said, I am only putting this down as means of looking at both sides of this coin.

After the speech which was broadcast all over the globe, the full extent of our military's possible might is made painfully aware to the rest of the world. Top-secret and black projects are not disclosed of course but the mere fact and extent of the knowledge that is in the U.S.'s hands becomes painfully apparent to countries that THOUGHT they were on par or even a little ahead of us militarily. Despots, dictators, superpowers all take this news in and begin a re-evaluation of there military options and match -ups now to include unknown "variables". What would they think? First America has access to alien, intergalactic traveling, laws of physics breaking technology and has been tinkering with it for more than 50 years. I can tell you if I was in this position I would be VERY worried. How do you plan a defense against something that could evade almost all of your defenses? How do you defend against a possible alien/U.S. death ray? Transporters? All different manner of sci-fi movie ideas get brought into the discussion militarily. The hardcore generals and advisors who are used to tanks, missles, aircraft, UAV's, helos, etc. suddenly are back at square one. They are defenseless, so they would assume. What now? What can bring balance back to the world?

Every country that is not within the U.S. umbrella, and maybe even a few who felt betrayed by not being kept in the loop, start calling one another,eventually ending up in the U.N. for an emergency meeting. World leaders meet in N.Y. and in a move of gracious solidarity the U.S. allows every world leader to attend and speack at this session. The U.S. feels secure and knows how insecure the rest of the world feel and hopes that now with these unknown variables about our might it will bring everyone peacefully back to the table. On it's face that is what happens, although many speeches in the U.N. chamber by many leaders including allies, demand access to the research, technology and a full disclosure of any offshoots of this technology in order to better bring the world back into balance. Of course the U.S. agrees to some of the requests for non-militarily viable technologies , stating that the bulk of this technology has been under study for more than 50 years and to all of a sudden give it to a country or scientist who doesn't understnd the preceeding research could be dangerous at best. Well the world community, namely those not on our myspace friends list, are a little skeptical and more than outraged and say so. Emergency sanctions against the U.S. are drafted withiin the body proper of the U.N. as well as the security council. Oil, funds and travel are all embargoed and levied aginst us in an attempt to force our hand.

Of course you can see where this is starting to go. I will leave it here. Anyone who understands global politics can understand that Russia, China, Iran, Venezuela and every other enemy of the U.S. would be foaming at the mouth to get thier hands on our goodies. Would they risk it? Would they risk attack, knowing that they might not be able to stop what ever we have hidden in the back pocket?
Let the debate begin....

[edit on 16-9-2009 by djvexd]

[edit on 16-9-2009 by djvexd]atrocious spelling blunders

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I never thought of the whole squabbling over research/technology thing before.. good point though, with the state of the world at the moment there's not a chance in hell that all the various countries would amicably discuss & make decisions about those things.

One of the main reasons I think that disclosure wont happen is because of the fact that Governments are spending ridiculous amounts of money on projects to search for life.. so if they turned round and gave us disclosure I think a fair few people would be a little annoyed that the Governments were spending money on nothing more than a cover story.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I think the point on these forums is that the arguments against disclosure currently have the upper hand, by the simple evidence that no public official has ever gone on record publicly on this subject to any significant degree.

The arguments you make are just one scenario among many possible that are in theory restraining those that could make the decision to disclose from doing so.

Disclosure is just one aspect of a whole panorama of potential truths that are being denied by "experts" "officials" and others who apparently help shape public opinion. The direction that these truths lead in, I and many others believe, is ultimately towards a higher level of survival for ourselves and future generations. This is because they deal with information that has been suppressed for a very long time, to the detriment of the general public (to put things mildly).

But this is not the same as saying that more truth would be some sort of one-shot wonder cure. Take the tired but reliable example of Columbus. Can you believe that the Europe he grew up in was not aware of the existence of the continent of North America? That he was brave enough to go ahead and sail west across the Atlantic opened up a whole new level of possibilities for the people of Europe. It was not much help, though, to the indigenous populations of the Americas! The point is, it is better to have a more accurate grasp of how things really are (and it frankly gives those that do more power) than to be ignorant of basic facts of existence.

Say, for example, that one of the ramifications of disclosure was that everyone realized that remote viewing was a legitimate human ability and the various technologies that already exist to develop this ability were embraced and used by the bulk of humanity. This would make for a radical transformation away from the current status quo in many fields of action and thought. But wouldn't it be better that everyone finally figured this out? It would no longer hang over us as an ability possessed only by a few that they could use to overwhelm and control "ordinary" people. So we are talking about a radical shift of power, and potentially radical change in the way the whole game of life is played. I happen to think that, regardless of what happens in the short run, it will ultimately be better for us all in the long run.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

When I was a boy of ten,I wondered why did the military
keep denying the truth of UFOs instead of parading them out for all to see.
after Fourty-years studying this from the "Nuts and Bolts"perspective,
I must agree it's not a subject the public or media could handle without
doing a michael jackson nap.People don't want to know that there are
creatures that capture people and strip them of their clothes and dignity,before
suppressing their memory..Oh, and that baby they are carrying may have
"Other" genetic augmentation.Never mind the Arab world as a whole won't sell us oil at the same rate because "The US is in league with Iblis(the Devil) and his Asfrit( Unclean spirit) Jinn on Earth."Roswell wreakage would confirm this suspicion to the extremists and moderates,and would have a electrifying effect in polarizing the East from West
making it that much more difficult for our allies to defend mutual cooperation with
US.Interests to their own demands of further isolation by the sects that more and more support terror means or those who do.
Here at home a sizable portion of our people believe a UFO should be shot-down first,
then call the Air Force.The Aliens are "demon spirits",and made frankenstein-like
neonate flesh-puppets for them to possess,so they can fool Christians or anybody else
into believing in Life on other planets,and clean,quiet,free-energy transportation..
Wicked little "gremlins"!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I just posted something on this on a different thread, ... but technology issues aside, .... the hard truth is, the majority of people are too stupid !!

40% of americans cannot grasp the simple theory of evolution, and you expect them to accept the reality of ET's !!!

there would be mass suicides, riots, killing spree's.

Middle American would crap itself then slip in it.

and as far as everyone else, .... disclosure wouldnt be enough for you, ... all of the sudden you have a hundred more questions, .... you want them to release roswell documents, ... you want to know about secret pacts between species, .... all of the sudden alien abduction reports fly through the roof, ...... and it now becomes a government problem.

I'm just scratching the surface here, ...... anyone follow ?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

I agree, to a point, however the majority of people pushing for disclosure do not understand or even look at the flip side of it. They keep digging and don't realize that as the dig deeper the hole is filling back in.They don't look at the unintended consequences. That was the direction of the post. I understand and agree that we need to have disclosure but with all the push for truth we have to understand that there are those out there that will not embrace this and that the U.S. would completely disseminate it's entire advantage is honestl unreal. Good post btw to you and blue

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MAJIC 12

And you are right. I didn't even touch on the religious aspect of it, but you hit nail on the head IMO.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

And to add from experience anyone within the gov't that can reach that level of disclosure/security clearance takes thier oath VERY seriously. I have been cleared at the one of the lowest levels, and to tell you the truth the things that I was privy to were pretty inocous, but on the same hand trust has been placed and won't be betrayed. But back to the discussion.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Plenty of public officials have gone public,but who listened when they were discredited or
were made to joke about it while in office,but admit it when out of office.(Simington,Arizona)..or Keep silent while in uniform,but admit it is real after retirement,and head-up the nation's biggest UFO research group(Adm.Hillinkotter).Pres.
Carter was Gnr. of Georgia when he saw one and reported it.
Col. Corso was an Honorable soldier who told the truth.
Astronauts Cooper,Musgrave,and Mitchell admit it is not fiction,as did General
Nathan Twining in a memo to a fellow General who asked about these "discs" seen lately.
"The phenomenon is something real and is neither visual nor fictitious.."
"There are some objects that approximate the size of man-made aircraft.."
My family worked as defense contractors who on one occaision had to sit through a briefing on UFOs and what they are,What to do if you see one while they were at work.
The briefers were Langley personnel who said most are misidentifications but, SOME
were already known to be extraterrestrial in origin.I have no doubt my family is telling the truth.(I am the only one in it that is interested in this stuff.)
We're waay past Whether they exist or not;they Do.
"Yes you can safely say we captured an alien craft near Roswell,and yes we did
get some technology from it and yes we did put some of it to use".-Don Philips fmr.
Skunkworks contractor,Lockheed
www.disclosureproject.org

[edit on 16-9-2009 by MAJIC 12]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

I agree with you, but I think the poster is looking at one part of disclosure happening. Because yea I agree if Obama came out and his people and the govt. and said that there are aliens and Roswell did happen and we have been reverse engineering technology, sure the world govt's would be up in arms demanding as they should this technology. And yes they would go to war with us, because for one simple fact. If we had this technology for this long but yet yet mind you didn't take over or thump any competitor to our power then either we are "still developing it" or we have reversed engineered as much as we could without more help or insight.

I truly believe that they don't want disclosure because of the ramifications of what will happen the day after when people finally realize it's not a joke. It's like throwing a jump ball, we won't know who this will empower or who will lose power or what religions will be in essence outdated and or forgotten for something new. The govt. won't know and won't have control, and thats the secret. They don't like not having control of a situation, they want to know the answers to the questions before the questions are asked. The govt. has to look like they know what is going on, and if it doesn't then people lose faith and people look to someone or something else to give them answers.

Also another deeper thing about not having disclosure could be that it's not really about aliens but about ourselves. What if that Obama comes out and says that there are aliens but they have been coming to our solar system for thousands of years because we as a people used to be an ancient planet spanning civilization that has a history going back tens if not hundreds of thousands of years. That would be even more of a shocker knowing that people would question their own faiths, scientists an anthropologists and other disciplines would have to question and literally throw out what they have been spouting about for years and centuries about life and our timespan on this planet etc. etc.. The world would be turned upside down finding out that our civilization of Sept. 16 2009 is actually a survivor of an ancient planet or planets spanning civilization that was destroyed and this ancient civilization had contact with otlher civilizations in other solar systems.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Also, can you imagine the sheer number of new conspiracies that would crop up?... At the end of the day if the Government did admit to lying to the public for years and years, then people would have zero trust in them anymore.. and would probably still think that they're holding information back anyway.

Quite glad this thread has been made, might help people get a bit of perspective before getting over excited because someone's claimed disclosures coming soon!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Excallent post... to be sure the Middle East would be at a disadvantage. Why? What is the crux of thier economy? Oil. Alien technology, when you ask anyone, is clean, efficient, ever-lasting energy. This is the pre-conception. Talk about the Saudi family being pissed. Knee-jerk reactions is what I am seeing.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It really would just come down to who has the most nukes... think the only good that would come of it would be betting shops having a huge rise in profits from bets being placed on which country is going to whack out the nukes first.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Great post, you really got me salivating over your post (s&f for that)

I think the case for none disclosure is as complicated as you very eloquently pointed out but I think you missed one point that I find very relevant. There is the human mutilation phenomenon to factor into this scenario.

I have read about reports of people being found minus very important parts of their anatomy. There are reports of vampiric shenanigans going on in many parts of the world and south America specifically. However there was one very interesting case in south America that got debunked just like the cattle mutilations as drug dealers/cartels/a feud but I don't buy the excuses for a specific reason. The human mutilations have very similar methodologies to the cattle mutilations and strangely enough they also come with many excuses. The accounts are not confined to the Americas either.

I did read about an account that took place in the Welsh Brecon beacons where a couple of hill walkers were found dead with injuries consistent with the cattle mutilations after a night where strange lights were observed in the sky. This was a couple of years (or more) ago that I read this and I have done some searching and never was able to reread the article again though it was very in-depth and had me worried about myself when I was on my own up in the Scottish highlands for months after I first read about it.

Then there was the man in a tent found two years after he had gone for a hiking trip in a remote part of Scotland. "Yes we found him, he's dead, natural causes - no comment" and the news story faded into obscurity really quickly. I have no reason to doubt this official account but I am suspicious of the MSM so maybe there was much more to this story.

How would the governments explain this if my suspicions of a world wide human mutilation phenomenon is actually happening and being passed over into missing persons reports and other related databases? There is no good way to explain it and in fact if government disclosed that there had been some pact they would have to also disclose the details of the mutilations whilst losing all credibility and respect. Government could not be choosy in what they disclosed as once a gate under pressure is opened it tends to let through a flood. I am under no illusions, the clamour for full disclosure is a floodgate and it wont be pretty if it is opened only partially.

I'm sorry to be focusing on the human mutilation phenomenon but it is something that interests me a lot because I read that these horrific injuries are inflicted whilst the person is conscious and that in effect they go unconscious, slip into shock and die during the procedure which from one specific account of a cattle mutilation can take place in minuets. That would be a very difficult thing to carry out by a government agency in the field… I would say pretty much impossible.

There are reports that say we are visited by many races and some are aggressive, some are ambivalent and some are outright indifferent. The government would have to spin this somehow to shine them in a positive light.

They kept it secret to keep the world from breaking down due to panic or some other excuse? In the end I suspect that they cannot control the truth if it came out because I think they dropped the ball somewhere and the truth might show the world that they were never in power, never had freedom to govern and were never able to protect those who gave them the burden of government.

Now that would be a truth that would have me pebble-dashing the pan but at least it would be the truth and at least I would be able to assimilate that data and learn to move on and get to grasp a concept that perhaps like the Earth environment, the universe is a predatory environment also. Maybe the truth and the reason they keep it from us is that

[edit on 16-9-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

*Continued*

the truth will not set us free but rather have us opening a vein or throwing ourselves off high buildings because we are someone’s property.

I think in the end the only way for disclosure to come out fully would be for a major world leader to spin it in a bad way, telling us that we are in great danger and that they have been developing military means to hit back. Of course there would have to be many G20 summits beforehand just so they can get their story straight.

Personally if there is any measure of truth to this I still want to know, I hope for the best and prepare for the worst like I have always done.

I would love to meet an extraterrestrial and be able to smile at one, say “welcome” but at the back of my mind would lie the shadow of the human mutilation phenomenon and countless disappearances.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

You make some very valid points, however I have never heard of human mutilation aspect. Got some links? Love to look into that. However I am not pointing toward a human /alien conspiracy rather than lets go with the basics. Most people aside from the debunkers believe the U.S. gov't is at play here, and is "up-teching" from recovered materials. If If If. Love going to the what if. I don't push this theory as a prediction more as a mental exercise.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The human mutilation factor

Unexplained human mutilation phenomenon

The human mutilation factor

Unexplained human mutilation

Those should get you going for a while. I have one more but I not sure if I would be walking on thin ice as there are photographs of a victim and they are graphic to say the least. if you do not mind I will u2u the link.

Also I hope I did not go off topic I tend to leap first. My intent was just to ad another aspect to a great thread.

In the morning I have decided to go and dig up what I can on the welsh account. If I find it it should be worth a thread on its own I would think.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I started to watch the first one...and I will wait till tomorrow. I took a melatonin pill...lol...don't wan't that kinda stuff in my dreams. Kinda like johnny mnemonic...last thing I see and sorts.Thanks

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Great post, and I agree - I'd love to meet a (benevolent) extraterrestrial. I hope disclosure happens in my lifetime.

Like you stated, I'm sure beings from other planets are just like humans here, some mean well and some don't. What bothers me is that there are most likely alien races who are friendly and want to be helpful and get to know us and TPTB have told them no, we're not ready (as a whole) instead of letting us decide for ourselves whether we're "ready" or not.

And we'll never be ready for disclosure as long as we continue to be led to believe that aliens either don't exist or haven't been to our planet yet. Instead of ridiculing people who have had alien encounters, the governments and media should slowly start getting people (as a whole) used to the idea that there is indeed life out there so we can finally make the mental leap into the 21st century. It's too bad that we can't publicly welcome the benevolent alien races and allow people who are ready to meet them to do so. Unfortunately I'm sure we're many years away from seeing that happen.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
OP ....Some great creative writing there !

It would be real funny viewing the "presser".

I'd love someone to ask why the "technology" didn't help the USA locate WMD's ( weapons of mass destruction), why they couldn't silence meagre 20mill pop of Iraq , nor Afganistan!?

Did the "aliens " spike GW's cordial? or haven't they worked it all out yet after 50yrs?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join