It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We may have to attack Iran by Dec.'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Just a reminder that this wasn't a current Israeli government official making these comments to the press, it was a former deputy defence minister. Under a different government, 3 years ago.

This isn't Israel's official stance, it's no better than punditry.

The official Israeli stance has been made clear by the current foreign minister, which is that Israel will not act unilaterally and risk their own necks to solve what they consider to be a regional (i.e. Middle East) problem.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If Israel attack Iran,it will IMO,give Iran a bigger incentive to aqquire nukes...For If they had them Israel would not attack them out of fear of being nuked.

If some nutball agressor attacked a country that I was running,damn right I would try and protect it from future attacks...Best way of protecting a country? Nuclear arsenal.

What would rile Israel the most would be if Iran declared that it had bought a load of ex soviet nukes back in the 90's-And had so far not used a single one against Israel.
This would prove the Israeli claim that Iran would certainly use any nukes on Israel,a big lie.

The hypocracy out of Israel is off the chart...How many nukes have they got again?

The people of Israel should try,for once,to elect a more rational peace orientated government IMO.

This is all going to end in tears...but thats what I believe the Israeli government wants.

Tears,chaos and unending war.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There are a lot of signs forming around the world. A lot of tension building. I do see some bloodshed coming on a historical scale.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

But it doesn't mean they WON'T attack Iran. Infact the idea that they want to drag other countries into the matter makes it even worse in my eyes.
If they are trying to go the diplomatic route then fair enough. Didn't the USA just agree to talks with Iran? Shouldn't it be Israel doing the talking? Anyway it isn't like America is unbiased is it? They should get a neutral country to mediate or a country which doesn't have vested interests in the region....like i don't know....Norway or Sweden.

[edit on 16/9/09 by Kram09]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
With the United States fighting two wars and its economy rapidly going down the drain, i don't see blue skies ahead. However i am not so naive as to dismiss the power of the U.S military.

Do you recall what brought down the Soviet Union? It wasn't conquered by armies...it was out-spent by the U.S. The SU had too much teetering on subsidising its satellites and trying to maintain the great peasant's revolution that its economy imploded. It couldn't keep pace with the US on any accounting...economic, military, whatever. It had to do a total rethink and start from scratch.

Fast forward to the US...fighting two active wars, economy down the dumper and supported by shipping its moneymaking capabilities overseas...isn't that like spending your capital, instead of the interest? Only one way to go, and if the US gets into a war with Iran, I figure that's the end of the American Empire.

Like using the last of your vast credit to throw a party...cuz you may as well have a good time on the way out. All I can say to the chickenhawks is that they'd better be wary of the piano wire, cuz plain folks are gonna be miffed.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This news is nothing more than big talks, much to the delight of oil cartels.

My analysis:
Israel is not stupid. Israel government know that if they attack Iran, all Shi'ite Muslims around the world will unite against Israel and its allies.
Unlike Sunnis, Iran is the motherland of Shi'ite faction.

Israel can win but it will be the most difficult war.

So the best strategy is to activate an insider or make it look like an accident on nuclear facility. Then if Iran starts to blame, "scapegoat operatives" are willing to admit.. maybe Osama bin Laden groups, Taliban, Iraqi Kurdish rebels (Northern alliance) or other BS groups.

I'm sure Israel already has this in mind.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

Good plan. Seeing as how the best solution would be for Iran to overthrow the mullahs via elections and their own form of revolt, we all know that that is an impossibility because of the corruption in Iran. The last round of 'elections' proved that - the people have no say, regardless of how many of them vote against the likes of Ahmadinejad.

So, do it from inside with a little help from the outside.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
here is a youtube video on this story:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well it seems that Russia has taken Israel's threat seriously. Russian President hints at U-turn over Iran sanctions

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The implications of full scale warfare between Israel and Iran, and the subsequent regional if not continental war are very serious; and very scary. At this point we need to hope that we can indeed co-create our futures with positive thought and prayer. I can not see relations improving between the two powers, and do not see Iran accepting or imposing any serious reductions in its nuclear development programs. The world needs a miracle people. I would like to think we would let Israel choose their own path and let them roll solo, but that is unlikely. Don't buy into WWIII folks, fight the power.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

You make it sound like Israel is the only country that would be threatened if Iran has nukes. That is a facile world-view I'm afraid.

NOBODY in the Middle East wants a nuclear-armed Iran. Nor does the USA. It would be an absolute disaster for everyone, and they're all well aware of it.

So why should Israel, which has enough financial, political and security issues of its own to deal with, bear the sole responsibility to stop it?

They won't. And I don't suppose the USA will intervene either. Iran will drag Obama into negotiations for the next six months, by which time it will be too late for anyone to do anything about it. And we will see a very, very different world to the one we're used to.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

"We cannot let Iran acquire nuclear" weapons because it would also be a threat to Israel, he added. ~ Sarkozy

www.jpost.com...

This is the only reason there would be a war.
A war that Israel has wanted for decades.

Why can Israel have nukes (200+) and yet Iran can have none?

Hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Interesting theory, care to tell us what reasons Israel has for wanting a war with Iran?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Smartest thing I've heard yet. I used to be in favor of blasting Iran off the map, but after their election, I've changed my mind. Right now I think that this is all a smoke screen, put into place to cover what's really going on. I firmly believe that there is a support structure being put into place to aid in the overthrow of the Iranian Government. I wish them luck.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
America simply cannot afford to get involved in a war with Iran right now. Come on - you can hardly afford to keep your court-houses in California open. This is a country teetering on the financial brink.

If Israel go ahead with this, they will be going it alone. I don't know if that is a war they could win. The Israelis don't know if it is a war they could win. Therefore, I can't see this happening. I think we will inevitably see a nuclear Iran before long. And that is a game -changer. Interesting times lie ahead!

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Millions]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Okay i didn't mean it to sound like that.

But what i mean is that if Iran is such a threat why is it that Israel and the USA are the only ones who keep banging on about it. I know Britain and France and i think Germany have spoken out too, but what about other countries in the Middle East.

Have they spoken out against Israel? I just want to know why if Iran poses such a dire threat to the Middle East then why don't they speak out?Or have they done? I want to hear those countries demanding sanctions and threatening military action.

Also say Iran does aquire nuclear weapons, does it have the delivery capacity to strike Europe or just the Middle East area? Or does nobody really know?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I still don't believe that Israel will attack, and I hope for all our sakes that I'm right.

Israel doesn't go in for sabre rattling, they tend to keep quiet and then pounce.

There is also the Obama factor. He would never support a pre-emptive strike, and there are all sorts of sanctions he could impose against Israel if they act - most notably the denial of advanced weaponry.

Iran will get the bomb, and we will all have to live with it - see also North Korea.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Millions
America simply cannot afford to get involved in a war with Iran right now. Come on - you can hardly afford to keep your court-houses in California open. This is a country teetering on the financial brink.

Sure the US can't afford to invade Iran right now, but it doesn't mean that we can't afford to attack Iran right now. If we chose to, the US could cripple Iran's infrastructure in a few days with minimal losses. Iran knows this, that's why they are trying so hard to get nuclear weapons and a delivery system that they can threaten other countries with. Right now I believe that their current launcher can threaten all of the Middle East, part of Africa and a large section of Eastern and Central Europe. If they obtain nukes for those launchers then they seem to think that they can pretty much do as they like and rely on the countries that they can threaten to put pressure on the US and Israel to stay out of it.

Right now I believe that Iran does NOT posess a nuclear capability. If they did, I would look for them to stage an underground test, just to show the world that their dick can shoot.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance Denied
reply to post by Eye On War

I think we're definatly gonna see an attack by the end of the year, if not sooner, WW3 here we come.

I agree! I think this was deliberate disinfo from Israel. If they plan to attack, they will do it before the end of the year now! They are only trying to dissuade Iran from preparing to early.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

There is also the Obama factor. He would never support a pre-emptive strike, and there are all sorts of sanctions he could impose against Israel if they act - most notably the denial of advanced weaponry.

They don't need Obama now that they have Medvedev with his hand in the cookie jar! The whole Arctic Sea hijacking and secret Netanyahu visit took care of that!

Plus, if they want the US to help, they will just attack us with some forged Iranian weapons like they usually do!

[edit on 16-9-2009 by getreadyalready]

<< 1    3 >>

join