It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We may have to attack Iran by Dec.'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

'We may have to attack Iran by Dec.'

www.jpost.com

Israel will be compelled to attack Iran's nuclear facilities if Western powers do not impose serious sanctions against Teheran by the end of 2009, former deputy defense minister Ephraim Sneh said on Wednesday.

"We cannot live under the shadow of an Iran with nuclear weapons," he was quoted as telling Reuters in an interview on a visit to the UK. "By the end of the year, if there is no agreement on crippling sanctions aimed at this regime, we will have no choice."

Sneh reportedly stressed that a military strike would be "the very, very last resort. But ironically it is our best fr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This story caught my attention because it's the first time I personally can remember seeing a definite date published in the main stream media..

This former Israeli Defense minister has come out saying that unless the western powers impose serious sanctions on Iran by the end of 2009, Israel will be forced to attack Iran.

This coupled with French President Sarkozy accusing Iran of having a nuclear weapons programme operating, points to the conclusion that we are right on the verge of a Military strike on Iran.

It's going to ruffle a few feathers to say the least... get ready world, if you thought Iraq was bad, you aint seen nothing yet.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I say let Israel do it and live with the consequences of it's actions but kindly leave the US out of it, if you please. And no I don't think Israel should do it but they seem pretty hell bent on killing people so I won't put it past them.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye On War

I think we're definatly gonna see an attack by the end of the year, if not sooner, WW3 here we come.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This sounds like a hopeless effort to me...maybe I am wrong. I just don't see how an attack on Iran would make things better. Doesn't every country (that has nukes) already have their finger "on the red button" waiting to be provoked. What is one more country added to the continued stalemate of a nuclear world war? It is silly...and if somebody is actually stupid enough to use them then there is no hope anyway. Waste!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Pretty threatening words there... even if it is a 'very very last resort'

Very contrasting to Iran who have been saying that the quote to wipe Israel off the map is total bull.

Israel want this to happen, that much is obvious to me, if it isn't to anyone else yet then at some point you've missed something!

Am I the only who noticed the headers on the web link too?

Home
Real Estate
Travel

Iranian Threat

It's that much of a deal to them that the Jerusalem Post needs a dedicated link to Iranian goings-on?

[edit on 16-9-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Last year it was by the end of 2008 next year it will be by the end of 2010 . @ years ago it was by the end of 2007 and in 2 years it will be by the end of 2011

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I don't know what kind of sanctions will force Iran to abandon it's quest for nukes. And I doubt that China or Russia would allow them to be 'crippled', esp. at this late date.

Given that, Israel is just playing the 'Well we warned you guys' game.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Sadly, this is another case of one government hating another government. So who gets to pay for that? The innocent citizens of both countries of course.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Israel seem to have grown up to become the US of the Middle East. Throwing their weight around just like their big brother. Unlike the US, which is detached (in more ways than one), Israel is surrounded. If there ever was to be another Arab-Israeli war, I'm pretty sure we'd get another 60 years of Israeli's crying about being persecuted, only this time it would be their own fault.

The sadistic side of me hopes they do try it on, and hopes they fail. Maybe in the next round of handouts to the Israelis, we can give them some common sense, and some manners. It will take a severe beating to knock Israel off its high horse, like it does any other bully.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by quackers]

[edit on 16-9-2009 by quackers]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I feel that Israel seems to be fully prepared for this and negotiating deals with other world superpowers to get support in its imminent adventure, which can be seen Israeli officials meet with different world leaders. This adventure may prove to be great tool to divert masses' attention for the countries who are crumbling in economic turmoil. Last year; leaders started ranting about imaginative threat from Iran; but decided to take diplomacy route; and Obama followed the same and offered the same. But; Israel seems to think delay in stopping Iran from developing nuclear bomb; may prove to be existential threat to it. Israel knows it very well that Russia has great stake in Iranian economy and it would never support Israel unless compensated otherwise. So, i feel there has to be some miracle to stop Israel/Zionist attack on Iran; but what could it be?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
right, burn those nuke plants to the ground, but don't complain when the mullahs will have brainwashed operatives blow themselves up in the Yankee Stadium with a nuclear waste belt.

seriously, thinking for a second that Israel is not linked to the us is ajoke

[edit on 16/9/09 by MattMulder]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well whatever shreds of respect i have left for Israel will be thrown out the window if they attack Iran.

People talk about how Israel is surrounded and threatened by Arab countries. Well if Israel attacks Iran, then they're probably going to feel a lot more threatened. Infact every Arab country would be justified in attacking Israel in response. I doubt they would though.

You just know for a fact that America will support them. They'll probably "call for restraint" , but they won't tell Israel to stop or come out against it.

Totally unbelieveable how people can stand for this nonsense, threatening to attack another country.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Here is the problem with all of this. Even if Israel is able to slip into Iran, through it's defenses, whether it be an airstrike or a commando raid, thier program guaranteed is broken up into different locations some if not most being underground. So they hit the above ground plant, so what, most of the weaponizing is more than likely being done at another location. Only thing this will accomplish is add fire to an already engulfed region. There is no hope tactically or strategically of this wiping out or stopping Iran's program what so ever. It WILL give Iran an excuse to nuke Israel, and then my friends, we will be at a crossroads.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder

seriously, thinking for a second that Israel is not linked to the us is ajoke

[edit on 16/9/09 by MattMulder]

You have a definite point there, the question is, if the US assists Isreal against Iran, what does Russia do who has substantial investments in Iran.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well the board is set and the pieces are moving.

But the chips are stacked against Israel and the USA.

If they hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards.

Checkmate.

Basically it will probably cause more problems than it will solve and even thats an understatement.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Very nicely put. And if Iran has nuclear capabilities (and those that support them) what happens when US & Isreal start kicking there arse?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It's too bad the world is forced to live under the shadow of an Israel with nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MaNaaiya

What makes you so sure that America and Israel will "kick arse?"

Anyway i'd rather there be no war or arse kicking of anyone.

With the United States fighting two wars and its economy rapidly going down the drain, i don't see blue skies ahead. However i am not so naive as to dismiss the power of the U.S military. But what i am asking is does the United States have the capabilites to handle such a war? Do the American people have the stomach for it?

There are situations developing around the world.

Israel-Iran

North Korea-South Korea

Russia-Georgia

India-Pakistan

China-India

The whole Venezuela-Colombia-USA thing

Like i said i am just against any military action against Iran.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join