It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We may have to attack Iran by Dec.'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It is their right as a sovereign nation to defend themselves as they choose, it should also be made clear that it is also the right of the United States to choose to not get involved, nor be compelled or obligated to rush in and defend Israel if their attacks fail.

We've had enough war, cannot afford it, and need to abandon the middle east.

There is not one grain of sand or drop of oil over there worth one more drop of American blood.

Let the Middle East find peace or burn on its own without us.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

If Israel attacks Iran, i am not going to see it as them defending themselves, i am going to see it as Israel being an aggressor.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged.

There is a lot of talk lately about attacking Iran.

Well, Pick your City:

The Bush administration has built a new generation of nuclear weapons that we call ‘usable’ nukes, and they have a nuclear ‘posture’ now, which permits the use of nuclear weapons in a non-nuclear environment if the Commander in Chief deems U.S forces to be at significant risk. If we start bombing Iran (I tell you now it’s not going to work).

My concern is that we will use nuclear weapons to break the backbone of Iranian resistance and it may not work, but what it will do is this: It will unleash the nuclear genie. So to all those Americans out there tonight who are saying, you know what, taking on Iran is a good thing… . And if we use nuclear weapons, the genie ain’t going back in the bottle until an American city is taken out by an Islamic weapon in retaliation. So tell me, you want to go to war against Iran, pick your city. Pick your city. Tell me which one you want gone. Seattle? L.A.? Boston? New York? Miami? Pick one! Because at least one’s going. And that’s something we should all think about before marching down this path of insanity.

**Also: Do not forget to account for Russia and what they will do if an attack occurs on Russian-built Iranian power plants that are also staffed with Russian citizens. There will be ramifications for an attack on their trading partner and Ally:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a828c5f48d14.jpg[/atsimg]

If Scott Ritter doesn't believe America could do the job without glassing the place - what chance does Israel have....

Don't forget that American Boys and Men are positioned between the Israeli state and any Iranian counter-attack. Perhaps Israel intends on using this to their advantage with American soldiers to be used as a shield! Now that is nefarious.

Think of what would happen to the soldiers stationed in Iraq if Israel attacked Iran. The Iranians would have to go through or over Iraq to get to their attackers.

Israel could use this as leverage against both the US and Iran.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

<< 1  2   >>

join