It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excellent Search Engine That Doesn't Track Your IP Address

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There is a wonderful search engine available, that does not track your ip address or record your history. You may have heard of this, startpage.com.

It is faster than google and includes yahoo, google as well as any previous search engine you may have been using. I find it extremely effecient and there is an added element of privacy, especially when researching sensitive information.

The only drawback is remembering to use this engine before logging onto google. It is said, that 2 weeks is what is needed to form a habit, with that said, I challenge members of ATS try startpage for 1 week and report back what you think.

Thanks for your time.

Pax

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I shall give this a try as you suggest and report back to give my opinion.

Thanks for bringing this to ATS's attention, in this day and age you can never be too careful.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think you're going to like it!! If we can all break our google habit! Like I said that's the hardest part.

thank you for your reply.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i'll have to give it a try, never have liked google, prefer excite myself, not all the bell's and stuff but very flexable in the search, and control.
thanks for the tip

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
S+F.

I'll be trying this for the next couple of days, always good to try something different.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
hahah..

It took me 3 Seconds to find the word H on Starpage..

It took me .2 seconds to find the word H on Google..

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I tried to use the SSL version of Scroogle for a while even changed my firefox search bar for it and it works quite well although at some point it seems firefox reset itself or something and I could never be bothered to set it up again.

As good as google is I think it's searches used to be a lot more relevant and useful I actually think it's going backwards in recent years although looking at the competition there really isn't anything.

Microsofts pushing Bling that's about it and as much as they would like it to be competition it never will be. And when I tied wolfram alpha half the things I asked simply weren't recognised by it.

Googles going to rule for a while yet it seems.

top topics

join