It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tea party" photo shows huge crowd — at different event

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

reply to post by melatonin

Your country is effectively moving nowhere. Stuck with the madness of right-wing extremism, paranoid delusion, and the corporate shilling. I sort of feel sorry for the more sane and thoughtful in your country - when the lulz sometimes fade.

Apparently you missed the last elections? The house, senate and the white house are now run by the left. We used to have a strong showing of both moderates and conservatives, now just extremes on both sides.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack
Apparently you missed the last elections? The house, senate and the white house are now run by the left. We used to have a strong showing of both moderates and conservatives, now just extremes on both sides.

Nope, I was watching.

The GOP has lost most of its moderates.

The dems are pretty moderate (round about centre-right), and would suit the Tory party in the UK. Very few are anything like leftwing (see Tony Benn or Nye Bevan for examples of leftwingers). Obama's shift to the right after gaining candidacy would have made Tony Blair proud.

I think Naomi Klein said it well when talking about his appointed advisors - they come from "the left side of the spectrum that ends at the centre-right". And it's obvious he's in bed with the chicago schoolers.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join