It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tea party" photo shows huge crowd — at different event

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

He clearly means abide by the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
I just love the fact that when a bunch of smelly hippies rally in mass numbers we say they are a wonderful example of people excercising their right to "free speech",

Really? I've never heard that stance taken on "smelly hippies".

At the Rainbow Gatherings I went to, it wasn't so much freedom of speech that was cited...it was freedom of religion, and it's a free country...was most mentioned by the stereotypically-dirty-food-stamp-free-spirits in mass numbers...
But that does remind me of something ...Right-wing rallies should also include walking around naked, for sure... It kinda does help you get your mind right ...one point for the hippies on that score...hmmm...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
to be honest.. the teabagger parties and the supposed huge crowd really shows the world how many stupid people there are in the states.. must be all that inbreeeding

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Do we really want to see these people walking around naked?

I've been watching some video from the Tea Party rallies, and I don't think I could see that without being permanently mentally scarred.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Did you hear about the Health Care Rally this weekend?
or
Did you hear the right wingers had like 40 people show up?
or
Did you see the photo the teabaggers tried to pawn off as real?
or
Did you see the KKK rally in Washington this weekend?
or
Did you hear they reported 60-70k people went, I have seen more at a Washington Redskins Game. More like 15k.
or

While individuals claim that the whole tea party nonsense is a grass root movement it is a planned, organized event and has nothing grass root about it.

Grover, in my view, you have just joined THE MONKEY BRIGADE
You will be the one with the hands over the eyes.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Kinda the point, though...If you can't be naked in front of them, and see them naked - then - you do not have the feeling for the people...your politics will be similarly shrinking and incorrect...How can you vote and know what you want the folks to do, when you can't even stand to look at them...(Now I am not advocating all-naked-all-the-time - and it is off-topic - but like I say, thinking back I realized)...there is some good politics in group unity nudity...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ashley, thanks for coming out and attempting to keep this thread balanced. As always, your comments are the calm in the storm. But don't waste time with Grover, XMotex or the like - they will always find excuses to support the left simply because of their intense hatred of the right. You can call them on it, point out that they are judging others the same way they were judged, but in the end their hatred of the right will always drive them. The only reason they can get away with it right now to such a degree is because it's not their political spectrum being labeled "racist" for opposing the ineffectiveness of a president and his cabinet.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

cool,except my 77 year old mother was there and confirmed the amount of people there., so,nice rip,but i guess you watched the salesman on the other "news"networks.
you'll buy anything,if you take the word of the MSM

oh yeah, since it was organized,where does my mom go to pick up her check,for driving down from new jersey and paying for her hotel for 2 nights?

hows that acorn thing workin out for ya?

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

and can we have a show of hands from those who think obama scheduled his sales pitch at the same time by coincidence???????

it would seem someone didnt want the truth to get out. the MSM wouldnt even report on the march. if it was a farce,they would have been all over it. for some reason,i believe my mother.call me crazy,but she was there.
please use your head.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye On War

I agree. There is obviously sparks being thrown by many people left and right. However, nothing has changed in real life. I don't see a single person act any differently in public. In fact, most people I've seen are sick of the news twisting things. Maybe people are seeing through the propaganda? I don't mind Glenn Beck so much, although I see agenda written all over his announcements. As much as he talks about Freedom, he still hasn't come out and denounced the military-industrial complex. ACORN might be a start, but trust me corruption runs deep in most corporations. Republicans aren't immune to corruption. So maybe it's make or break time...or the PTB wants us to get all upset at each other instead of upset at them.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
There was at most 80 000 people at the event, which is about right for the smallest minority in America. There was so much hate, ignorance and stupidity it was unbelievable. Just watch the interviews of these morons, it is quality entertainment.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I watch his show about three or four times a week. In reality, Beck has repeatedly asked his viewers to NEVER engage in any type of violent action on behalf of their political views. Like you, he realizes that it would be disastrous and that the powers that be would use it to stomp out any dissent.

I totally agree. Beck has never advocated violence, and the man may be a puppet but he makes much more sense to me than the one called Obama.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

That is what a friend of mine who lives intown DC said as well...she maintains it was nowhere near the crowd that attend the swearing in in Jan. she said maybe 100,000 max. and that she was appalled at the signs that were blatantly racist and ignorant.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

If it was a small crowd, the MSM would have been all over it.

If there were a whole bunch of racist signs, the MSM would have been on it like white on rice.

The media is not touching this with a ten foot pole, which tells me something.

Nice try, though.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I will trust what my friend said...she was there.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Nice work warreb. Can you believe these people? Geeze!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by scorand

Tell your mother........er....ah...I mean your wife, we feel there really has been some inbreeding going on.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

And I will go by what lemon.fresh says, because his is far more logical.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

"The problem is that 'movement' conservatism has become mainstream, and the moderate conservatives have been ejected. The party is essentially led by the likes of Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh, BillO. David Neiwert's recent book is worth a read:"

So, that leaves the left...... with who?....The, "yes we can" action figure with the big ears and fake smile.

If they keep ejecting all the commies, marxist, and criminals from your "party", you might not even have a party to go to next election.

"As America moves forward amid the reality of President Obama,"

No, America is moving forward INSPITE of Obomber

[edit on 17-9-2009 by useless eaters]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by useless eaters
So, that leaves the left...... with who?....The, "yes we can" action figure with the big ears and fake smile.

I'd more ask what it leaves the run of the mill conservative and non-wacko independent with - the pretty conservative dems or the right-wing populist GOP led by a gaggle of TV/radio bobbleheads with added religious madness.

If they keep ejecting all the commies, marxist, and criminals from your "party", you might not even have a party to go to next election.

Not my party, tbh. If I had the choice you lot have, though, I'd possibly vote for the slightly more politically moderate/centrist corporate shills just to keep the wackos out.

"As America moves forward amid the reality of President Obama,"

No, America is moving forward INSPITE of Obomber

'Obomber'

That's quite clever. So it's like a play on his name that associates him as a terrorist - not just any old jihadi, a suicide bomber. Surprised you never thought of throwing a Hussein in there as well. Suppose it makes a change than painting him as some sort of fascist communist nazi czar-puppet-master. The former is more obviously tending to racism, of course.

Your country is effectively moving nowhere. Stuck with the madness of right-wing extremism, paranoid delusion, and the corporate shilling. I sort of feel sorry for the more sane and thoughtful in your country - when the lulz sometimes fade.

Even the progressives I speak to are pretty pissed - Obama is more focused on trying to reason with the unreasonable. If the dems actually grew some gonads and ignored the morons (rather than lubing and spreading; e.g., Baucus), they might do something worthwhile. But, hey, many dems want to look after the corporate $ as much as, or more than, they do their grassroots.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by melatonin]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join