It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel kidnaps Russian ships

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Israel was linked to the interception of the missing cargo ship Arctic Sea last month, a senior figure close to Israeli intelligence has told the BBC.

The source said Israel had told Moscow it knew the ship was secretly carrying a Russian air defence system for Iran.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Since when does Israel have the authority to intervene between two countries? Who gave Israel that right?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by American_Soviets
Israel was linked to the interception of the missing cargo ship Arctic Sea last month, a senior figure close to Israeli intelligence has told the BBC.

The source said Israel had told Moscow it knew the ship was secretly carrying a Russian air defence system for Iran.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Since when does Israel have the authority to intervene between two countries? Who gave Israel that right?

Too bad for the poor iranian cry babies. Glad they did it.

First, might makes right. Second, God makes might right. Night.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticantiseptic

news.bbc.co.uk...

Too bad for the poor iranian cry babies. Glad they did it.

First, might makes right. Second, God makes might right. Night.

Oh, is that how it works? "Might makes right"? Not rule of law, not justice, but guns and weapons. I'm glad you say that out in the open for everyone to see because just a few years ago, USA was the undisputed empire of the world. Now, widespread rumor about America falling into a financial abyss is all over the place. When you approve of "might makes right", just make sure you know what that might is.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

If a sovereign nation believes it's in imminent danger, I'd say that belief gives them the right. If Russia is supplying to Iran equipment that can help deter Israeli air attacks on Iranian nuclear bases, this would be reason enough for Israel to act.

The U.S. isn't the only nation that may use military actions to defend itself and its interests.

However, I doubt this story is even remotely true. But, if it is, then good for Israel.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by American_Soviets

Are you telling me that during the Cuban missil crisis you wouldn't want American to intercept a missil headed for cuba? Basically tha same scenerio

-E-

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorian Guard

If a sovereign nation believes it's in imminent danger, I'd say that belief gives them the right. If Russia is supplying to Iran equipment that can help deter Israeli air attacks on Iranian nuclear bases, this would be reason enough for Israel to act.

The U.S. isn't the only nation that may use military actions to defend itself and its interests.

However, I doubt this story is even remotely true. But, if it is, then good for Israel.

What? LOL. So now you're saying a country can't place defense on its own soil, especially when Israel continually threatens to destroy it along with anyone who opposes it?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

No, not the same scenario.

This shipment to IRAN was an Air DEFENSE System.

The Cuban Missile Crisis was over OFFENSIVE Missile Systems going to CUBA.

Very big difference.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Intercept is different than kidnapping in international waters. Completely different scenario. I can't even believe this conversation is happening. No wonder the US is collapsing....

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Omg here we go again... Now it's a 'source'. There is no way in hell that the ship was carrying those missiles for several reasons:

1) They're too big, they could hide only few of them without their launching systems.
2) Why would they load those weapons and then risk discovery by Finnish customs and dock workers? That ship is very familiar to them as it is a monthly visitor to the same dock.
3) If russians want to send weaponry to Iran then why not go trough caspian? There no other nation can intervene or fly them?
I can't remember if there were more of these, but there's plenty of threads where we have speculated on what happened. This mossad theory is nothing but speculation started by some ex-intelligence officer who guessed it could've been the case. However that was just him talking out of his bottom but everyone seems to grasp those words like it was the truth written in the stars.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorian Guard

By your own argument, you are condoning Iranian hijacking of US-Israeli weapons shipments and fuel shipments, as they fuel the war machine, because Israel is a threat to Iran. Israel constantly practices large scale military maneuvers to simulate an attack on Iranian nuclear power sites down to the km.

I feel it is safe to say that you wouldn't be defending Iran if they stopped the delivery of US weapons systems to Tel Aviv, so perhaps you should revise your logic.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by digger2381

Well plaid sir.

I also think it's funny that it's just an unnamed source.
I swear this bbc reports reads like post off ats.
but at the same time would not be surprised if it were true.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by dnaobs]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

Since when do the Israelis have anything to do with God? They are a Godless horde.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Under a different administration, Iran wouldn't have the nerve to attack one of our ships.

link   

Originally posted by dnaobs

Well plaid sir.

I also think it's funny that it's just an unnamed source.
I swear this bbc reports reads like post off ats.
but at the same time would not be surprised if it were true.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by dnaobs]

I believe he means well played sir, but you get the picture

I really really really wish and hope that we stop supporting Israel. See how far that gets them. Might end up in zionist nuclear war, but you know, since WWII the Jews in Israel (not slandering hebrews in any way) are ENTITLED to start their own holocaust...it's like two annoying ass children fighting in the back seat, only no one has the balls to take off their belt and start swingin' from the front.

link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Last I checked the Jews are the chosen people.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Depends on whether you're asking the jews, the muslims, the buddhists, the christians, or the atheists...

Every religion claims that they're the "chosen people"

It's all a way of making people feel special so they'll pay more for their salvation

To Mods. Sry for the off topic post. It had to be said.

To bring it back on topic...If Muslims had taken the ship over it would've been a terrorist hijacking, even though they had the might to do it, and as we all apparently know, might makes right and Allah makes might right.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by digger2381]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

That "chosen people" scam has worked out real well for them. They even have the Christians brainwashed with it.

I highly doubt that Israel was involved in the hijacking of this ship though. It just does not seem right to me. A convenient explanation at best.

[edit on 9-15-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

Well technically Israel doesn't have that right, but I guess when a country believes it is facing a existential threat, standard operating procedure kinda go's out the window.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
You know what? This is such a load of bullsh*t.

Big bad Israel picking on poor defenceless little Iran? Don't make me laugh!

Israel is a tiny country (one of the world's smallest) facing a threat to its very existence from a much larger, much more powerful near-neighbour (who is also by the way highly hostile towards my own country, and a lot of other posters' countries). Israel takes measures to stop Russians from arming said neighbour AGAINST ISRAEL, said neighbour cries to the international community, and people take Iran's side???

Absolutely unbelievable.

Israel is being bullied into a corner by Iran and by every other Middle Eastern country, with the backing of big oil and big business. How can you fail to see this?? It beggars belief that people can not only fail to feel compassion for Israel, but to actively side with Israel's enemies is just astonishing, cowardly and treacherous.

The world is going to hell, and you people are in the driving seat.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
You know what? This is such a load of bullsh*t.

Big bad Israel picking on poor defenceless little Iran? Don't make me laugh!

Israel is a tiny country (one of the world's smallest) facing a threat to its very existence from a much larger, much more powerful near-neighbour

[edit on 15-9-2009 by mattpryor]

I agree with you on this matt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join