It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. may have killed al Qaeda target in Somalia, officials say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

U.S. may have killed al Qaeda target in Somalia, officials say

www.cnn.com

Mon September 14, 2009
From Barbara Starr
CNN Pentagon Correspondent
(CNN) -- A U.S. Special Forces raid in Somalia may have killed a wanted al Qaeda terrorist, U.S. officials said Monday.

Special Forces used a helicopter to fire on a car in southern Somalia on Monday, killing several people, including one the U.S. military believes was Saleh ali Saleh Nabhan, a senior al Qaeda operative. Nabhan has been tied to several attacks in East Africa, including the 1998 bombings of the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, according to the sources.

Nabhan has been on the FBI's most wa
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This is a truly disturbing story. The United States Military assaulting with aerial bombardment a car, traveling on a road in Somalia believed to have an occupant of said car who is on the FBI’s 10 Most Wanted List.

Excuse me but what the heck happened to trials, the law, due process, and innocent until proven guilty?

Is this what we have become winged angles of death and destruction casually reigning down fire from the sky based on suspicions? Judge, jury and executioner without a trial and so sorry for anyone else in the car who wasn’t on the FBI’s 10 Most Wanted List, you deserve to die for assumed guilt through association?

This is so morally and fundamentally flawed that it boggles the imagination.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The officials who talked to CNN are familiar with the latest information on this incident but did not want to be identified because they were not authorized to talk to the media.

The helicopter flew from a U.S. Navy warship offshore, one of the sources said. The ship kept watch on the operation and was ready to rescue the U.S. troops if they got into trouble.

The official said the troops landed to take away the body believed to be that of Nabhan for positive identification.

So let me get this straight now, we could actually land and place boots on the ground to collect corpses for identification and carry them off…but we could not land first, to put boots on the ground to identify the suspect 100% first and who the passengers were before murdering them all in cold blood? We couldn’t have apprehended a live suspect and brought him back to America to face trial on the charges he has never been lawfully proven guilty of but was executed along with unknown potentially entirely innocent associates instead?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It begs the question, who appointed themselves as Judge, Jury and Executioner of these people?

President Obama signed off on the operation, a senior U.S. official told CNN's Ed Henry.

Oh Mr. Hope and Change signed off on it. I wonder if he bothered even reading the evidence or charges before signing the death warrant for this man and his associates, a man they aren’t even 100% as of yet is the man they were after.

We do have to ask that question because we sure know he hasn’t read any of the Health Care Bills he has placed himself in the center of the debate of.

Not four more years of George Bush? You sure could have fooled me Barack Herbert Walker Obama.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm wondering if it's related to this

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I'm wondering if it's related to this

I honestly don't know, but hunches are always worth looking at.

Thanks for posting the link.

new topics

top topics

join