It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Story Developing in NYC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Just heard on Fox news that the FBI is about to address Congress regarding recent terrorism investigation in Queens, NYC.

No details yet but it must be big if the FBI is going to address Congress.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 14-9-2009 by jibeho]

[edit on 14-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This should be interesting.
Is it real or just more BS to keep the threat meter high and the budget money rolling in?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Could be part of the ever suspected false flag op that is looming on the horizon. There has been a hell of a lot of scuttlebutt lately.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This could be true. Maybe FBI caught one of the events in the planning? That means if there are other attacks then they will rush to do it before they get caught.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Is it normal that they address congress before releasing information to the public when conducting a terror investigation? I just caught that on FOX. Not sure what they found, but they said multiple locations have been searched.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I wonder if it is going to turn out to be one of those events were the FBI slowly convinced somebody to become a terrorist.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It seems to me, they would only address Congress if this was an internal probe, or if they were requesting special powers or resources!! They make arrests and prosecutions all the time without addressing Congress, so this has to be more far-reaching than usual!!

Everyone stay alert and report what you find!

This may be the next pin to fall towards Martial Law.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Are they going to address Congress (assuming the House?) today? If so, I might try to catch this on the C-SPAN stream before I go to bed...if it's early enough.

ETA: Scratch that. It's 4pm there on the East Coast. No one in Congress likes to work past 5pm. Unless they're trying to pass something in secret at midnight.

[edit on 9/14/2009 by octotom]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

One of the men who lives in the apartment, who says he was not a target of the search, says he's a self-employed antique dealer.

"They looking for some powder, some different things for making bombs and different things," resident Assad Niazi said.

In fact, the federal search warrant spelled out all manner of possible bomb-making components, including powders, gels, TNT, and fuses.

"I don't know [the other residents]," Niazi said. "They are roommates - they go to work in the morning, and at night they come back."

He says the place was thoroughly searched, and a kitchen radiator was even dismantled. The resident says papers were removed from the apartment, but he says the other residents were questioned and released.

wcbstv.com...

Just found this.

link   

Federal Authorities to Brief Senior Lawmakers in Washington on Investigation
(AP) Law enforcement agents have raided residences in New York City as part of a terrorism investigation, and are preparing to brief the U.S. Congress about the investigation.

New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne confirms the execution of search warrants on Monday by local and federal agents of a joint terrorism task force. He would not discuss the matter further.

Separately, federal authorities planned to brief senior lawmakers in Congress on the case later Monday.

www.cbsnews.com...

not much else at cbs either

link   
$50 says it was a group of people with out protest permits planning to block off roads in Pittsburgh for G20.

I suppose it could be a real threat. The FBI has a good track record for warning congress of things that congress ignores and lets happen. Faulty credit ratings any one?

[edit on 14-9-2009 by srsly_you_guys]

link   
not sure of the correlation, if any at all, but I was on the phone with a client a short while back and he tells me to hang on, too noisy. he said fighter jets were racing towards queens. then I saw the news break. odd and a bit scary.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You make a big enough list and I'm sure you can find bomb making supplies in any ones home. I still say it was a group organizing illegal protests for the up coming G20.

Taboo double post.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Fighter jets in queens, cant say i have read about that before,... seems a bit odd to me...

one thing i miss living close to a base, when things happen you know right away, not by the news, but by the windows and walls shaking from the jets takeing off at 1/2 power then hitting it full bore once cleared the low celing level.

One time we had 6 take off when i was living there, i could only keep up with seeing one, they were moving so fast, but man you could feel the ground shake as they ziped by.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
not sure of the correlation, if any at all, but I was on the phone with a client a short while back and he tells me to hang on, too noisy. he said fighter jets were racing towards queens. then I saw the news break. odd and a bit scary.

"The NYC Office of Emergency Management warns of low flying military planes near Flushing Meadows Corona Park for the U.S. Open at 4 p.m."

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

The hair on my neck is beginning to stand up. That is never good.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Related:

www.ny1.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Terriost?
(first thought Taliban looking mofo)

(second thought)

DHS released their New Terriost list... or w/e ... I mean they call people goers of the town hall meeting right wing terriost ...

... heard about new tape about laden earlier, on my way out the door this morning to... ?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ok, so from the articles provided, we know they were looking for bomb-related material, possibly gels, and we know that no arrests have been made, and now they are addressing Congress....today!

So, that means they found out their suspicions were correct, and the people are already gone afoot, so they are mobile and capable of carrying out whatever plan they had!!

We also know that preventing it will require immediate preemptive action that can only be granted by Congress (else why address them instead of just acting)!

So, remember, head between both knees, a**up, ignore the sirens, and kiss it for luck!!

Real Deal or False Flag doesn't matter, either these guys strike hard, or the FBI gets new powers to prevent it, either way us little guys are screwed!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Hmm, I think it odd that they would tell us at all, let alone tell us they are addressing congress . Who gave that okay, I wonder?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join