It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Story Developing in NYC

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Tonight... Scheuer on O"reilly is saying that our government isn't forthcoming about foiled attacks. Holder and the prez keep classified counter terrorism programs that are personal choices that diminish our protection. Scheuer's the one who wrote Imperial Hummus... or Hubris but no one knows what that means, I like hummus better.

Maybe they will do what the Bush Administration did and just claim that they broke up many plots but they can't tell us about them or else they would have to shoot us.

The good news is, as far as we know, Obama hasn't picked out a country to invade and thus may not be so willing to leverage the death of three thousand people to convince the country that an invasion is in the best interests of the country.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

They don't have the internal support. That's where Cheney was evil and a bad shot. Surrounded by weaklings isn't good for the country in the long run. Main thing is for us to be protected and learn about the real threats out there. So continued education is a good thing.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
Hmmm. So assuming those stories are accurate and true, he apparently willingly granted permission for them to search his laptop, and he has a lawyer that is saying he wants to cooperate in order to clear his name. Hopefully these are encouraging signs that they have just just misread some circumstantial evidence (like suspicious constellations of purchases, travel, etc. data mining red flags in other words) and that there's no attack being planned at all.

Hopefully.

Try not to think Western for a moment.
Muslim terrorists on a suicide mission will surrender everything when caught. Western media is adding the factor that he is a civil Westernized man. I guarantee his loyalties are to Islam first and foremost. When you are a muslim you give up everything for Islam, it rules your life and every action. Cooperating with The West is the furthest thing on this guys mind right now.

Kalid Shiek Mohammed, the Beltway snipers, and other muslim terrorist have used the US Western courts as a platform to preach about Islam. Look at the transcripts from all the trials.

The US MSM will paint these guys as normal Americans. They are not. They don't think like us, they don't follow our rules, they could care less what we think.

So... wait. The guy who cooperates with the FBI, including surrendering his laptop for review and investigation, and who according to this latest report, if true, has "cordially" spoken to them for two days in a row now, and was released must still be a terrorist because... he's Muslim?

I haven't even seen any evidence that he is Muslim. All I've read is that he's an Afghan national. Even if he is Muslim, well... let's just say I respectfully disagree with you.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that in my personal opinion we must remain open to all possibilities, both those with negative and positive outcomes. My post did say "hopefully," after all.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

So... wait. The guy who cooperates with the FBI, including surrendering his laptop for review and investigation, and who according to this latest report, if true, has "cordially" spoken to them for two days in a row now, and was released must still be a terrorist because... he's Muslim?

How do you know he cooperated fully? It seems you are jumping to a conclusion with little supporting evidence. He agreed to talk to the FBI...did he have a choice? He let them look at his laptop? So? If he knew there was nothing on it to incriminate him, why wouldn't he?

Perhaps they have reason to suspect he was less than forthcoming. Remember they had him under watch for quite some time before he went to New York

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

How do you know he cooperated fully? It seems you are jumping to a conclusion with little supporting evidence. He agreed to talk to the FBI...did he have a choice? He let them look at his laptop? So? If he knew there was nothing on it to incriminate him, why wouldn't he?

Perhaps they have reason to suspect he was less than forthcoming. Remember they had him under watch for quite some time before he went to New York

That's exactly what I'm saying, though. We don't know one way or the other. The poster to whom I was replying was the one, in my opinion, jumping to conclusions.

I don't make assertions or conclusions without proof. I. Don't. Know. What is going on or what will happen. I think we need to all remain open to all the possibilities in this instance. That's all I'm saying.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
And...just like that JJ's joy ride is over. He never once gave any proof, but just kept on with the scaremongering until he now states everything is okie-dokie and we're back to "yellow" status.

Yeah ok, JJ. I call BS again. Just like before. This whole thread has been mislead, people go back to my prior posts and see I tried to warn about it.

Now you all know too.

Just a bunch of crap he came up with to scare people.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
woops

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Well]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Just saw a snippet on Fox regarding the suspect in this case. Apparently he has admitted that he has ties to al Qaeda and has received bomb making training from them. He is cooperating. I'll post more when I can find the scoop.

www.foxnews.com...

Similar discussion in another thread

[edit on 18-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
After reading this latest story, I have concluded that this has been way to easy and transparent to be an authentic terror scenario. This case is either a diversion from something greater or a way to put the shine on Obama's turds.

Why the blatant transparency with the media all of the sudden?

Compare this current case to this very recent yet underreported one:

NEW YORK — An American man charged with giving Al Qaeda information on the New York transit system and attacking a U.S. military base in Afghanistan has been a secret witness in the fight against terror both here and overseas, authorities revealed Wednesday.

Court papers unsealed in federal court in Brooklyn identified the defendant as Bryant Neal Vinas, nicknamed "Ibrahim" or "Bashir al-Ameriki," who grew up on Long Island.

This guy was kept under wraps and still is for the most part.

Vinas was indicted in November but his identity and all court proceedings were kept secret as a matter of national security. The feds say he was providing information about other terror cases. Vinas faces a maximum sentence of life in prison. No sentencing date is set yet.

Two cases involving the destruction of the NYC subway system and yet they are handled dramatically different.

I'm stumped. Time to dig another hole to nowhere.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 18-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
As someone else mentioned the suspect has caved in for some reason. He was stating he had no connections and his lawyer said he was not but now he confesses to be. Something is not right with any of this, it just doesn't add up.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I just found 3 stories saying that he came in and changed his story today.

TATP recipes, bomb diagrams, and 12 brand new black backpacks and cell phones were found as well. Recipes and Diagrams on his laptop, backpacks and cells in the Queens apartments that were raided in connection with this case.

ATS News Thread

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Yes, the consensus at least in the MSM is now that he has copped and is working out a plea agreement. So now the question is: are they giving him a deal because they always need all the intelligence they can get, or because there are members of this suspected cell still out there and operational?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I haven't even seen any evidence that he is Muslim. All I've read is that he's an Afghan national. Even if he is Muslim, well... let's just say I respectfully disagree with you.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that in my personal opinion we must remain open to all possibilities, both those with negative and positive outcomes. My post did say "hopefully," after all.

Hopefully your post will inspire you to do some research. The vast majority of residents of Afghanistan are muslims, 95%. That is because under Sharia law they have to be. But it's more a choice because Islam is superior and the only path. If the residents are not muslims then they pay a jizya for protection to live there. The total population of Islam is 1.4 billion.
It is not unusual for muslims to have the desire to participate in terrorism. Islamic principle is that if any non-muslims occupy land in Islamic territory then it is a muslims duty to fight. That's an open ticket to join forces with others and combat the West. Islam is not plural and open to other religions or residents. Thus hatred is created by their own principles.
Islam is also like a trap, once you enter you cannot leave. That's why Obama's background is misunderstood. He is considered by Islam to be a muslim. They will treat him as one of their own. They will invite him back. If he refuses he is an apostate.

Wambat, the West is so scared of being called a racist that sometimes we refuse to see the forest through the trees. It's time that we put the politically correct fears aside and recognize danger when it's in our face. The minutes you wasted in doubt would have been time enough for you to be killed.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Yes, the consensus at least in the MSM is now that he has copped and is working out a plea agreement. So now the question is: are they giving him a deal because they always need all the intelligence they can get, or because there are members of this suspected cell still out there and operational?

Again, don't assume that this guy believes in the Western justice system. He is still an agent of Islam. As long as he is alive he will fight. Arrest does not neutralize.

Moussai and others have taken our prison system and turned it into a place to recruit, become martyrs, and organize more crimes against the US. Our infrastructure has been infiltrated at all levels. Terrorism will continue. Islam will continue to be like the blob.

New threats against Germany if the election doesn't come out the way AQ wants it to. Political blackmail and extortion in our book. Normal in the book of Islam, the Koran.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Moussai and others have taken our prison system and turned it into a place to recruit, become martyrs, and organize more crimes against the US. Our infrastructure has been infiltrated at all levels. Terrorism will continue. Islam will continue to be like the blob.

New threats against Germany if the election doesn't come out the way AQ wants it to. Political blackmail and extortion in our book. Normal in the book of Islam, the Koran.

JJAY, you wrote the other day that this threat had passed. As long as the other operatives are at large, isn't the threat still alive? They can get backpacks and cell phones easily enough. Also, who is to say that this is the only cell that was activated for this mission?

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Night Watchman]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

JJAY, you wrote the other day that this threat had passed. As long as the other operatives are at large, isn't the threat still alive? They can get backpacks and cell phones easily enough. Also, who is to say that this is the only cell that was activated for this mission?

Correct, this isn't the last episode of Islamic terrorism.
I suspect that AQ communication is minimum and they are currently taking defensive evasive measures to protect the big fish. That will include alot of denial and disassociation, for a couple of weeks until the attention dies down. Then the rats will congregrate again for violence and destruction.
The "big attack"? Plan is for 2010 so this could have been a dry run. Hard to tell at this point. For now the focus will be on Germany.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Then the rats will congregrate again for violence and destruction.
The "big attack"? Plan is for 2010 so this could have been a dry run. Hard to tell at this point. For now the focus will be on Germany.

Agreed that Germany is now clearly in the cross hairs. It is also certain that there will be another US based attack this year since, historically, AQ seeks to test a new US President during his first year in the Oval Office.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Agreed that Germany is now clearly in the cross hairs. It is also certain that there will be another US based attack this year since, historically, AQ seeks to test a new US President during his first year in the Oval Office.

Ah but this president has a certain background that will give him an extra advantage. They are dealing with an equal and have to show him respect until he publically dismisses his muslim ties. Smart placement, eh?
But who would they be testing if not the president? Yes, the military. Bringing it to a defined battlefield... like we did in Iraq. At some point they will attack the US population. It would be to our advantage if the economy recovered.

Germany has a big percentage of muslim immigrants. They would have an interest in infiltration of their government. It worked in Spain, so as usual AQ returns to the same tactics... inferior intelligence.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Ah but this president has a certain background that will give him an extra advantage. They are dealing with an equal and have to show him respect until he publically dismisses his muslim ties.

Hasn't already done this? I recall Obama stating publicly that he is a Christian. If Islam considers him to be a Muslim, would that not qualify as dismissing his ties?

Also, the Possibly-Dead-Terrorist-Formerly-Known-as-Bin Laden released an audio message claiming that Obama was no different than Bush.

Seems to me that AQ does not exactly consider him an equal. In fact, as you know, there are none lower in the Muslim world than a(n alleged) Muslim traitor.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Ah but this president has a certain background that will give him an extra advantage. They are dealing with an equal and have to show him respect until he publically dismisses his muslim ties.

Hasn't already done this? I recall Obama stating publicly that he is a Christian. If Islam considers him to be a Muslim, would that not qualify as dismissing his ties?

Also, the Possibly-Dead-Terrorist-Formerly-Known-as-Bin Laden released an audio message claiming that Obama was no different than Bush.

Seems to me that AQ does not exactly consider him an equal. In fact, as you know, there are none lower in the Muslim world than a(n alleged) Muslim traitor.

If AQ=Saudi then Obama has never formally announced his true Christianity to the king... and there's that photo of him bowing... well not really. The prez quit his church. But that's not important, when they ask him to come back, when he's on his knees in surrended they will behead him or accept him back.
bin Laden (deadRIP) probably said that the US hasn't changed with the election, translated by MSM as he is no different than Bush. Loses in translation. Or maybe bin Laden said that the soldiers are still in Islam because how does one translate fard ayn to English? Because the soldiers haven't left since the Bush admin put them there then the next guy in charge didn't make them leave so AQ is still pissed. Sure they called him the house negro and think he's a wuss but they still hold him higher than the rest of us because he still has a change of converting back. Still not the reason for an attack. The motivation is Islam and killing non-muslims, it's not political as we see it in the West.
make sense?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join