It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brand new Hubble images [stunning!]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
"The U.S. space agency NASA on Wednesday unveiled dramatic new photos taken by the Hubble Space Telescope four months after astronauts upgraded the almost 20-year-old earth-orbiting astronomy platform. "

These images are absolutely stunning, and the more we see of them the more we realize just how insignificant we are in this vast place we call our universe.

Go here to download high res. versions: www.hubblesite.org...
Thanks to Caggy for the link.

Enjoy ATS.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa07d5d655dd.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b574be05833.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ce04b1977d9.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce464b56037d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa870e975ac2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08e14ad6a167.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63d282f8c5ba.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 13/9/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Thank you for that.

They are absolutely beautiful and amazing pictures

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Here are some more pictures in a thread I made when these came out, the 4th one is amazing!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
ALL i can say is
the best pictures ive ever SEEN!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

The spiral galaxy with a bar in the middle looks great.
I heard our Milky Way galaxy also has a bar. It should just like
that one.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Absolutely beautiful images! I will never except anyone's claim that we are alone in this beautiful universe. It's impossible and I will not accept contamination such as religion. GREAT STUFF!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Here you can find them in bigger res. www.hubblesite.org...
my $0.2

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy
Here you can find them in bigger res. www.hubblesite.org...
my $0.2

Thanks for that, i've downloaded them all in extra large.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Holy Crap!

Those were the first words out of my mouth after seeing those pictures. I don't know what else to say; those are awesome. I guess I just say thanks OP (Serbsta)...I'm really at a loss for words. Now if I can only figure out which pic to use as my new desktop...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
tomorrow i'm gonna resize the butterfly galaxy to change my desktop, i have the Orion one on my avie right now (i'm addicted to that site and their big a$$ pics)

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Thanks for the post, those pictures are really amazing, i cant wait to see more from the hubble telescope, i could only imagine whats beyond what we can currently see from the telescope at this time,

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Awesome star and flag.

WTH is that worm looking thing in the first pic?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
Awesome star and flag.

WTH is that worm looking thing in the first pic?

I knew someone would ask, i was asking myself that when i first saw it. First thought says its a photographic error, could be numerous reasons in this respect. I have never seen something that shape captured in space, unless someone can prove me wrong?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Holy moly.

The last picture of the OP (with the scales) must be the most dynamic and powerful picture i´ve seen in ages.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Definitely great pics. The last one from the OP is really amazing, looks like a big explosion (which it probably is, lol). Half a LY across...mind-blowing...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Loves it, i hope we can see more before the hubble has to come back down to earth

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
After viewing these wonderful images, I came to the exact opposite conclusion of the OP. I marveled at God's wonderful creation, and because He loves us so much, I don't doubt that those of us who love Him too will get to visit these amazing places. I don't think that makes us insignificant, at all! "In my Father's house are many mansions: If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you". John 14:2

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanLA123
Absolutely beautiful images! I will never except anyone's claim that we are alone in this beautiful universe. It's impossible and I will not accept contamination such as religion. GREAT STUFF!

There are A LOT of people that think this way...

What people argue over is if they actually visit us (which I do not believe).

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me
After viewing these wonderful images, I came to the exact opposite conclusion of the OP. I marveled at God's wonderful creation, and because He loves us so much, I don't doubt that those of us who love Him too will get to visit these amazing places. I don't think that makes us insignificant, at all! "In my Father's house are many mansions: If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you". John 14:2

Your views are your own and that's fair enough as i don't want to turn this into a religious debate but I think the more we discover and the more we realize just how isolated we really are, the more insignificant things will seem. Now this doesn't necessarily have to mean that we are insignificant, what's important is that it will seem [to most] that we are. Just imagine what the discovery of other slightly evolved life or the discovery of multiple-universes (not in our lifetime obviously) will do for man's perception of his existence.

As for the last photo, it was the most stunning for me aswell, hence i left it last. The sheer magnitude of such an explosion (correct term?) is absolutely mind-boggling.

I love this place.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanLA123

It depends on how you look at it really.

I believe we where made in the image of God (the trinity) and that we share his characteristics, ie. HE being the creator, and we imitate this by creating all that is around us. Its in our very nature to create, as we come from our Father, the creator.

Anywayz, the point I'm trying to make is, I believe the Universe is empty/barren without life. But it was designed that way. It won't stay that way either. After sin is done away with for eternity, God can and will bestow His power to His children, ie. any who believe.

THEN the universe gets a complete makeover. As we continue the work our Father started.

Imagine, a whole planet to do with as you please. Create any life form that takes your fancy, simply by speaking it into existence.

I know many see it as fairy tales and such, but I am convinced this is what the future holds.
Earth and its life forms as Gods creation, from that creation comes his created, to continue the work He started.

Its all there in black and white if you look deep enough.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join