It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brand new Hubble images [stunning!]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I think I was apologising more to the fact that we couldn't find a consensus. And although I disagreed with yours theory, I had very little to offer in response besides the fact that I couldn't make yours fit with the evidence presented.

I would really rather have passed it off as a technical issue with the device. But having another look at it, you can clearly see that that it is a ghosting effect, caused by long exposure.

And although my original assertion was that the galaxy was moving incredibly fast, I have no real basis for it. But taking a look at the image, you can see at the beginning and end of the anomaly there is the same image of the galaxy.

So as far as I can see, from what is presented, the object being imaged has moved. I cant say if this is a physical occurrence, or if it is technical (I mean even my iPhone camera takes 1 in 1,000 images out of order. With the bottom half of the image on top)

So I put it down to "A little from column A, a little from column B"

Is that valid?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
reply to post by novacs4me

I have no problem with your beliefs, but how can you be certain that God created these nebula?

I'm not going to derail this thread. I can say that it shouldn't surprise you that many people believe that God created the universe. U2U me if you want to discuss my beliefs further. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beta.services

Sure it is! I mean for all I know I have put forth Option A, you have put forth Option B and yet the answer is something as profound as Option Z - you just never know and I am open-minded to the fact that it could be caused by something beyond our comprehension, or just simply a speck of dust on the lens

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Simply
Stunning
Staggering

Terrific
Tantalising
Thoughtful

Awesome
Amazing
Awe-inspiring

Regal
Righteous
Racemiferous

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Simply stunning,it shows how amazing space can be,so much out there to see,these are the images that should get media attention,beautiful.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
wow... so beautiful and so hard to comprehend...

amazing. thank you, this made my night.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Amazing pictures, thanks a lot for sharing them although I think I've seen some of those already.

Anyway my fav. Hubble image ever is the Ultra Deep Field. It's just massive.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Moraz]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
here are some fairly new images

2 month old images pt.1

2 month old images pt.2

2 month old images pt.3

the link below is of images 3 months old

3 month old images playlist

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Amazing, like peeking behind God's curtain.

However I can't help thinking the money could be better spent. Before we spend billions on these programs lets first feed the hungry...whatever is left over we can spend on exploring space.

[edit on 9/13/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn

"...Anywayz, the point I'm trying to make is, I believe the Universe is empty/barren without life...."

".....Its all there in black and white if you look deep enough."

From a quote i read here on ATS, "religion teaches you to be satisfied with not understanding the world around you"...and you prove that with comments like this. I truly mean no offense, but what is black and white is the exact opposite of what you believe. I am not an atheist, but religion in all forms is contamination of the soul. Christianity is false. You are the size of an atom compared to the universe, and that is a daring statement to say the universe is barren. To the OP, AMAZING photos!!! s&f

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Enigami]

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Enigami]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Regarding the OP, it's funny how their are such simple beauties just all around us, infinitely, thank you for sharing.

However small we may be in this vast universe, when all is said and done at the end of the day we still have to deal with the facts at hand - that life is filled with conspiracies and cover ups, so it's just hard to take in anything that is actually 'real' and so beautiful.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

spectacular

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Good heavens!

Bickering about God in the presence of the Universe. Tisk, tisk. I would say religions and sciences both end at the discovery of what the universe truly is.

Just look. It is authentic beauty.

If science tries to understand it, it will grow.

If religion tries to understand it it will find love.

If you religiously use science to understand it you will find you love the journey of discovery of the universe and that it becomes a spiritual path.

When science is a sacred path, it grows into true knowledge. With knowledge is freedom.

Infinity is not just a theory.

ZG

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost

If science tries to understand it, it will grow.

If religion tries to understand it it will find love.

You came up with that just now?. Wow, that is one of the most intelligent things i have ever read here on ATS! If i could star you a thousand times i would, believe me.

As for all the thanks, not a problem, just passing some news along to some who might have skipped it. Thank Hubble.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Truth in black and white ....??? The word of God is printed on the heart of man, NOT by the hand of man "

To "pretend" to understand God ( lack of a better term ) is like trying to say you understand all the science behind everything in those shots. Delusional at best.

Think about this, if God is omnipotent then to even try and put his ideas , goals or reasons for doing things into words or a book, then no matter how big the book was, it would still not be 0.000000001% of the truth. So the bible itself and its religion is an oxymoron, they both have a front and back cover or boundaries that limit them, quite the opposite of God.

If anything the idea of non-stop evolution happening on an infinite number of planets over infinite time is closer to the "idea" of God than any pathetic attempt religion puts forward. The only thing that would cause a person to believe they "understand" God is ego. Nothing more, nothing less.

I wonder if being egotistical is a sin ?

The image in question....

Shot is called " Gravitational Lensing in Galaxy Cluster Abell 370 " Good hint was the exposure time was only 3.5 hrs. So unless its the "flash" of celestial objects there is no way it could be a blur. It would have to be an entire galaxy moving at the speed of light, plus some.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Awsome !

* F F

Thank you

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Most people don't know that the Hubble takes the pictures without any color. Nasa adds the color later..

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
And people say were alone in the universe, and God dont exist?....I think thats proof enough, that we are not alone and God does exist.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Molan27
Most people don't know that the Hubble takes the pictures without any color. Nasa adds the color later..
''

That's not really accurate.

Hubble images in multi-wavelengths. If you printed some of the imaging data files raw, it would be white, or images we could not actually understand. It varies by the user, universities or other astronomical research organizations. Most times the research is truly boring image wise and nothing is worth a public view. APOD shows us the interesting or pretty stuff. (APOD= Astronomy Picture of the Day)

As a astronomical researcher using Hubble for your research if you are interested in nebulae you filter for specific wavelengths like hydrogen, (red) or molecular oxygen (green), or the specific make up of molecular clouds and such, you use the specific data in the digital imaging files. It is not actually false color, just selective for what you might want for imaging.

Astronomers routinely look at objects in different wavelengths to see structure more clearly and understand the processes at work in the formation or structure of an object. Many of those images would be uninteresting to us visually, but the researchers also appreciate the beauty and create images out of the data to show and inspire us. That is mostly what we see from all the research work they do.

APOD is the visual record of the imaging released to the public. It is a fraction of the actual imaging performed by this sacred orbital machine.

NASA says Hubble's cameras capture in black and white. That's not quite right. Hubble picks up all the different wavelengths of light we see plus more we can't on either side of our limited range. Filters, pretty simple stuff all things considered, limit which frequencies Hubble can see at any given time. That means sometimes Hubble takes pictures of things we can't see!

ZG

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
One picture I liked from the past, since we are sharing

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0fa738f01b4.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join