It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Strange Medical Syndromes Youve never heard of

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think I might have that exploding head thing. I'm not sure though. Sometimes when I'm asleep, I'll wake up to a really loud bang or pop...I mean loud enough to wake me up and think someone is trying break down my front door or something blew up right out side my apartment. I get up frantically looking around and find nothing out of the ordinary. I've often just attributed it to minor sounds being amplified while in a sleep state...but I just don't know really.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
i have PSAS then - really, didn't know that was a 'disorder' - thought I'm just a little too horny

i dont see the need to cure it either, kind of like it

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I had Pica while pregnant. I craved chalk and sand. I didn't eat it though! I knew about Pica then, but I honestly thought I had lost my mind! I don't crave those things now.

My ex husband had the whole sleep sex thing. I wont go in to details, but he was otherwise a calm person. When the whole sleep sex thing would kick in, he became very violent and then wold barely remember it the next day. I'm no longer married to him, but for far more reasons than this. Anyway, according to my former sister-in-law, his brother suffered from it too. Hereditary?

Exploding head syndrome: I've experienced that a few times. Damn, it's loud!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have the water allergy although I think its more a case of being allergic to what is in the water not the water itself.

It doesnt happen when I drink water only when I bathe or shower and it is extremely annoying, my sister has it too and we laugh about how weird we are because of it.

I thought we were the only people in the world with this and didnt even know it had a name!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
i've heard of this like 2-3 times already.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I've actually head the 10th syndrome before, it sount exactally like an explosion going off right next to me or inside of me.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by legacyv]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, phil1618

May i add morgellon syndrome to the list.

Morgellon is a Unexplained Dermopathy and characterized by a range of cutaneous (skin) symptoms including crawling, biting, and stinging sensations; finding fibers on or under the skin; and persistent skin lesions (e.g., rashes or sores)

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IconoclasticTalamasca

I didn't realize it was prevalent in the black and female communities, always read that anyone can get it. That is good to know. I believe that it has to be a mineral deficiency.

As for the others, I have heard of werewolf, but not the water. That would kinda suck.

As for the 300 orgasms a day. I am sure that is fun for the first hour. There can bee too much of a good thing.
Gee you wouldn't be able to go anywhere, and it has to be exhausting. I wonder if that is a hormone disorder?

Remeber, anyone can experience symptoms of anything. It doesn't get classified as a disorder till it starts disrupting your life. So the occassional fun dream isn't the disorder.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I've seen most of them as well. And most men do have the sleep sex one
I've experienced several times myself.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplified

Another way for men to justify their rapist tendencies.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I've actually heard of PICA and experienced it by my son being afflicted. Although 'doctors' (who by the way "practice" medicine, rather than being 'perfected' in it) prescribed "pills" to make his symptoms go away.

Cause (in his case) YES a mineral deficiency, solution...ZINC suppliment once a day...BOOM...pica GONE!

but, no let's give him big pharma's solution and create other problems (for which they most likely have a pill)....UN-Believable!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'll tell you another one that's crept up recently.

Feline Cornitis: The inability to stop staring at a cat eating corn.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
10 - Exploding Head Syndrome

People with exploding head syndrome intermittently hear loud, explosion-like noises that seem to originate from within their own head. The "explosions" usually occur within an hour or two hours of the victim falling asleep. There's no physical pain, but sufferers understandably experience fear and anxiety after such attacks. While it's not clear what exactly causes the syndrome, it's been linked to stress and fatigue and often vanishes without any treatment

Wow - my tinnitus kinda takes this form at times - not on an explosive level though!... But yhea for reasons I can't put my finger on the ringing level is noticeably higher - and very rarely after I've gone to sleep, or as I'm about to wake up it's like a switch is flipped somewhere and there is a very loud high pitch ringing - and very loud and sudden.... It comes from the back of my head just to the left side where all the other ringing sensations come from.

I gotta say it's not a comfortable thing at all, to be woken up pretty much like someone set an air horn off in your ear, put it this way the heart rate jumps and thankfully I've never had a full bladder at the time...

That's interesting - I'll read more about that one

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618

10 - Exploding Head Syndrome

People with exploding head syndrome intermittently hear loud, explosion-like noises that seem to originate from within their own head. The "explosions" usually occur within an hour or two hours of the victim falling asleep. There's no physical pain, but sufferers understandably experience fear and anxiety after such attacks. While it's not clear what exactly causes the syndrome, it's been linked to stress and fatigue and often vanishes without any treatment

This is actually a condition that precedes out-of-body experience and partially caused by workings of the pineal gland. How stupid mainstream medicine really is!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I knew about some of them, but not all. Weird stuff man!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Foreign Accent Syndrome

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
"Exploding head syndrome"

I experience this sometimes but not so often that I would class it a problem. I sometimes hear this when I meditate for a long time and it is painful, shocking and very disorientating.

The last time I suffered this was three months ago and I was meditating. I was riding the buzzing in my head and focusing on my breathing when the normal buzzing changed pitch (always a precursor) and something exploded in my ears. The "sound" was how I would imagine Life if it came with a volume control and someone decided to flick it to max volume for a second.

I fell off my couch, yelled out in pain and held my head in my hands.
The feeling lasts mere seconds but the ringing can go on for a while.

Thankfully the occurrence is rare.

Star and flag for letting me know about the syndrome. I thought it was unique to me.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Pica is not a disease, and I'm sick of it being called one. In many traditional societies, people eat high-quality clay to combat natural dietary toxins, aka: to detoxify. Even in developed countries, natural-health freaks (like me) eat clay occasionally to detox.

Why pregnant women & children crave "soil"?

In traditional societies, the pregnant women eat clay to protect the unborn child from toxins. Children eat it to boost their immune system, kill parasites, stop diarrhea, etc. . .

I remember watching TV, and they were talking about how Haitians were so poor they eat "dirt cookies", even if rich people in the country also eat the clay-cookies for the health benefits.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Very interesting post. I guess, if we are to self-diagnosis ourselves, then I would have to say I have some form of the exploding head syndrome. Moments as I get up from sleep, not in a clear state of mind, I hear a loud noise that is so real, I go and try to find where it happened. The headboard of my bed is blocking a window and once I heard the window slam shut very loudly, I woke up - nothing was there. I hear other sounds such as the sound of a skull cracking, baseball hitting something, screams, and it all occurs moments before I get up. And it is no dream. I do not know why any of it happens but I blame it all on the fact that I do listen to my Ipod a lot. Also my ears are extremely sensitive and sharp as my sense of smell. And it may be a reoccurring of previous sounds my memory probably hardwired into itself. For instance, when I was a kid, I did flip over my bike and landed head-first on the concrete so that could be an answer to the skull-cracking. As for anxiety and such, I think is what is most scary about it is that I am very young and this seems like paranoia.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
6 - Foreign Accent Syndrome

All canadians sound like this to brittish people.

"hey is she american. no wait shes english. oh! shes canadian.."

[edit on 12-9-2009 by MR BOB]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join