It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

..Why ARE America and Americans so biased?..

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Remember the fuss regarding the arrest of 3 Americans, well what you probably don't remember is that many Iranians were arrested in mainly Kurdish north of Iraq without any 'convincing reasoning', as Iranians put it.

What I want to know is how many of you know of this story, was it publicized at all in main news sources across Western world, or did it pass silently without any notice.

Do we have some sort of amnesia where we remember one story but not another of the same value.

First story:

US forces on January 11, 2007 broke into the Iranian consulate in the Kurdish city of Arbil, and seized the consulate's computers, documents and staff without presenting any convincing justification.

Baqer Qabishavi, Majid Qaemi Heidari, Abbas Hatami Kasavand, Mahmoud Farhadi and Majid Daqari were handed over to the Iranian embassy in Baghdad after over 30 months of detention.


Second story:

In early August, Iran arrested 3 US nationals who illegally entered Iran.


english.farsnews.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.alsumaria.tv...

en.wikipedia.org...


[edit on 11-9-2009 by oozyism]




posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Every country concentrates on its own citizens more than others.

I remember a famous Japanese news headline some years ago: "Japanese citizen dies in aircraft crash." He was the only Japanese person on the plane; hundereds of others from other countries also died but they were not the focus of attention.



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
OP, that should really be "Why ARE America and Americans so biased?" Just pointing that out for you, no harm no foul.

The American media tends to focus on national matters, especially if they are sensational or entertainment-related.

"Why?" you ask? Because, America is a nation jam-packed with media junkies who can't get enough of whatever is cool at the moment. A nation comprised mostly of idiots IMHO.



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Every country concentrates on its own citizens more than others.

I remember a famous Japanese news headline some years ago: "Japanese citizen dies in aircraft crash." He was the only Japanese person on the plane; hundereds of others from other countries also died but they were not the focus of attention.

In that sense you can kill and arrest thousands of people without any attention given to it. Am I on the right track? Due to the fact that those individuals are not part of your nations. Like for example a million innocent Iraqi lives, compared to 3000 American lives.

Does human rights click any where when you think about this. Aren't we all suppose to be equal? Or equality is a nation thing also?



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Most people from that part of the world hate us, so their deaths are pretty much insignificant to many in Americans. Kind of like how Iranians probably don't take much of an interest in Israeli deaths.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
OP, that should really be "Why ARE America and Americans so biased?" Just pointing that out for you, no harm no foul.

The American media tends to focus on national matters, especially if they are sensational or entertainment-related.

"Why?" you ask? Because, America is a nation jam-packed with media junkies who can't get enough of whatever is cool at the moment. A nation comprised mostly of idiots IMHO.

Thank you, still grammerizing it, if that is even a word


The point of the thread is that if people are so deluded and mis-informed then how can Democracy work? Should the people who are not deluded do something about it? I mean yes America takes care of Americans very well, and the evidence shows, people are dying of obesity. But the point is: shouldn't all humans be equal? Should 'Nationality' actually change the status of equality similar to 'Race' which did in the past.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by silent thunder
Every country concentrates on its own citizens more than others.

I remember a famous Japanese news headline some years ago: "Japanese citizen dies in aircraft crash." He was the only Japanese person on the plane; hundereds of others from other countries also died but they were not the focus of attention.

In that sense you can kill and arrest thousands of people without any attention given to it. Am I on the right track? Due to the fact that those individuals are not part of your nations. Like for example a million innocent Iraqi lives, compared to 3000 American lives.

Does human rights click any where when you think about this. Aren't we all suppose to be equal? Or equality is a nation thing also?


I am not justifying this. You asked "why." I gave you an explanation, not a justification.

America is not the only place in history that has slaughtered millions from other countries or turned a blind eye to the misery of people in other nations. In fact, this seems to be a universal human characteristic. We seem to always care more about those in our "group" than others...perhaps an ancient survival technique. America seems conspicuious now because of its power, but I assure you, the same attitudes can be found around the world.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Most people from that part of the world hate us, so their deaths are pretty much insignificant to many in Americans. Kind of like how Iranians probably don't take much of an interest in Israeli deaths.

They don't hate you, they hate your government. I don't hate Americans, never did, I just hate the fact that the rulers of America is willing to give up thousands of innocent lives based on self interest.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder
 





I am not justifying this. You asked "why." I gave you an explanation, not a justification.

America is not the only place in history that has slaughtered millions from other countries or turned a blind eye to the misery of people in other nations. In fact, this seems to be a universal human characteristic. We seem to always care more about those in our "group" than others...perhaps an ancient survival technique. America seems conspicuious now because of its power, but I assure you, the same attitudes can be found around the world.

Yes you are right, explanation and justification are separate. And you are also right that people treat the one close to them differently, hence family.

Thanks for your well thought answer

oozy



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Many Americans appear not to realise that they comprise only 5% of the world's population. And US media appears to attempt to obscure that fact from Americans

If the US media were at all interested in performing any kind of service to Americans, it would ensure they WERE aware they comprise only 5% of the world's population. If Americans were aware of only that one fact, they'd be far less inclined to support their Israeli-owned politicians regards even more wars for profit against the other 95%, most of whom have good reason to hate the US



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast
Many Americans appear not to realise that they comprise only 5% of the world's population. And US media appears to attempt to obscure that fact from Americans

If the US media were at all interested in performing any kind of service to Americans, it would ensure they WERE aware they comprise only 5% of the world's population. If Americans were aware of only that one fact, they'd be far less inclined to support their Israeli-owned politicians regards even more wars for profit against the other 95%, most of whom have good reason to hate the US




It is wealth and military strength that matter, not population.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism
 


Unlike 3rd world countries, we have chosen our form of government and elect our leaders. Saying you hate our government is saying you hate us. They are one and the same.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Contrary to what seems to be popular belief...

MOST Americans don't care enough to be biased. Which I suppose, could be construed as bias in and of it self... Many, dare I say most, Americans are live and let live sorts.

We should be careful about using generalities in describing groups of people.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull
 




MOST Americans don't care enough to be biased. Which I suppose, could be construed as bias in and of it self... Many, dare I say most, Americans are live and let live sorts.



We should be careful about using generalities in describing groups of people






posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by oozyism
 


Unlike 3rd world countries, we have chosen our form of government and elect our leaders. Saying you hate our government is saying you hate us. They are one and the same.

You chose the government, South Park illustrates that idea very clearly in one of its episodes. Giant Douchebag vs. Turd Sandwich, then 4 years of dictatorship
tell me exactly what you chose. Do you think if Americans knew the truth they would vote for either one.

Another point is that if you chose your government then you are as responsible as your government in international stage therefore 9/11 if planned by Muslims can be justified. Do you agree?



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism
 


I can't have a discussion with someone whose knowledge concerning the US revolves around South Park.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81

"Why?" you ask? Because, America is a nation jam-packed with media junkies who can't get enough of whatever is cool at the moment. A nation comprised mostly of idiots IMHO.




LOL If that were true... I'm sure you'd be crowned our king by now.


And are we now blaming the American populace for what their "news" agencies decide to air on the tube? If you asked why is American MSM so biased... I might agree.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky
 


Check out the title of the thread.

My comments relevance becomes obvious.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by oozyism
 


I can't have a discussion with someone whose knowledge concerning the US revolves around South Park.

Giant Douchebag vs. Turd Sandwich is an illustration, it is not a means for you to run a way from an uncomfortable discussion. I find it amazing that more important details in my post was disregarded because of an illustration of your political system.

I deserve a full response, don't back down now



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
And are we now blaming the American populace for what their "news" agencies decide to air on the tube?


Because media are offering what the masses are CRAVING for ? Just saying...

If a channel would offer to U.S. citizens news coverage about the rest of the world, relaying information about U.S. soldiers raping little girls, and about U.S. refusing international treaties such as the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, the Kyoto treaty or the International Court of Justice, would that channel become a hit ?

Very unlikely.

People just want channels to air stupid TV shows and movies in HD (and some domestic news plus the weather).

They get what they asked for. + most are lazy and take everything on U.S. TV for granted, and never check what is the opinion of the rest of the world. This is why we hate the U.S. government AND the american idiots (not all of them, just those who don't care about what's outside their town). I call those people the spoiled kids of the world.

If your whole country doesn't wake up (not just a few), you are condemned to watch #ty news coverage.


Also Americans HATE to be criticised by foreigners (they think only them understand their country enough to have the right to criticize it), yet at the same time, they don't hesitate to criticize ALL the other countries of the world. The American media do just like the American people.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by SpaceGoatsFarts]



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join