It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Censoring Sheen's Video to Obama

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by squidboy

seems to me people are making a big deal over a glitch

Ding ding ding ... it's called deflection.

And you know the funny thing is that some of them folks think we don't see through this little silliness they are concocting with this stuff.

AJ gets caught hoaxing and lying.
AJ gives a lie for an excuse.
Everyone calls him out for the sandbagging oil salesman that he is.

What happens next?

His little cult minions are all over the web and ATS for some little tactical damage control ...

How?

Stick a vid on youtube and complain about the very same things that he did just a day before including CENSORING his comments section.
Have said minions sit in front of their screen all day (a psychologically disturbing issue to be addressed later) complaining about the significance of the view counter.

And why youtube you ask?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What a coinkidinkie.

I would ask them to give it a rest for the sake of retaining the last glimpses of dignity, but I know that they wont ... so carry on soldiers, I hope Mr. Jones gives you the huggle he has promised you and which you so richly deserve.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

From what I've seen, the road goes both ways. Both lovers and haters alike are piling on and giving it their all. It's a pity that both sides seem to be more focused on name-calling and slandering than actual concrete evidence, but I guess that's too be expected. I'm sure in a week or so when all of this settles down, people on ATS will go back to their usual threads, the lovers will still be lovers, the haters will still be haters, and very few things will have been changed, unless Charlie Sheen actually does get an interview with Obama. I think we'd all like to see that happen even though it's next to impossible, but I'm pretty sure even if he did get one, people would be saying this was all just a set-up.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Besides, even if AJ and CS intiative sounds good (my opinion) the attempt will be worthless...
Nothing will ever come out of this, I am surprised people think that BO would even concider having an interview with CS... (begining with CS and AJ)...
Let's admit for one second BO says oh yeah why not, lets have this interview, and accepts to look in to the 911 file. Lol do you want BO to get assassinated or what ? Coz that's what would happen. Oh and of course a new conspiracy theory would start, which again will have no end...

Interview will never happen, BO will not even comment.

In other words, all this is alot of threads and lines written for virtually nothing... And of course it's a shame.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by WeSbO]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I have seen it before happening to major new videos, that are not welcome in TheirTube. See example here img36.imageshack.us...

[edit on 11-9-2009 by FIFIGI]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Where are the numbers people are talking about, I don't even see this.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
If you look at the last Bilderberg members list, a top notch Google rep was there... Draw your own conclusions.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
reply to post by OmegaPoint

which is sure to go viral in short order, if not viral in theaters and on video store shelves - I'm telling you it's got the makings of a blockbuster one way or another. This is a big day for our movement, but also a very solemn day. Sheen and Jones turns out were right to do what they did. It worked out big time.

That stuff intense no doubt. I am wary of a new investigation because the participant in a new commission will all most likely be just as criminal as the last. If they whitewash this time i hope that more of the public calls them on it. The last commission had to conduct the investigation with the assumption Osama did it and it was Al Queda terrorists if they handle the investigation wit the same angle then they can never get to the truth.

I can actually see them saying that Al Queda put bombs in the buildings lol remember Bush actually said that once at a presser. Sounded like a mistake but it could have been a seed.

Sorry for off topic, but whats up with that 'curtain' moving in the backround in the last few seconds of the video?

On topic - Directed at all: How can a simple counter lag? Other vids update the counter fine. Also the comments counter seems to be working OK, why not the views counter? Im confused

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by qwiksilva
On topic - Directed at all: How can a simple counter lag? Other vids update the counter fine. Also the comments counter seems to be working OK, why not the views counter? Im confused

Because simple counters are meaningless and haven't been in use since the late 90ies. You tubes counter needs to look first if you are indeed a new user or if you just hit reload for whatever reason, and compare you to the various subdomains (youtube.com, youtube.ca, youtube.co.uk ...)
Now if you were running a video streaming site, and you had to split bandwith between these 4 things, where would your priorities be:

0) Comments
1) Ads
2) Counter
3) Streaming video

?

@ Beefcake: The glitch that happened to Mr. Jones is highly unlikely. See, a good number of document types if incomplete will not show up at all in a reader. And your browser would tell you that he can't display the file to you since the end is missing. .txt and plain html are exceptions to a certain degree.
Now: these days if we transfer a file from A to B the first thing we do is tell B how large it is going to be. After we transfered it A will say a short "good bye" to B. If the file is smaller than A claimed B will discard it. If the "good bye" is missing B will also assume that something went wrong with the transmission and discard the file.
Bottom line: Unless Mr Jones and his provider have chosen not to upgrade their equipment since the 90ies and are still working with 36K modems and Intel 486 machines it is simply not going to happen.

Edit to add because its funny: www.xkcd.org...

[edit on 11-9-2009 by debunky]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Forget my last comment, just got it...damn friday nights and whiskey

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by trebor451

Just out of curiosity....does any one who really matters care about this? I mean you have a third-rate actor making a garage-quality video about matters he is totally ignorant about - and you worry that You Tube is dorking with the numbers?

Seriously.

Just out of curiosity, what makes your statement any more powerful? Do you "matter?" Shouldn't I take a "third-rate actor's" word over yours? Whether it's "garage-quality" or not? What rate of actor are you? And what quality are your videos?

Let's be honest, does his acting and/or production skill have ANYTHING to do with the topic being discussed? Obviously not. Pull your head out...

At least somebody with the ability to be heard is speaking out. I believe that is the root of this discussion. Not how horrible he acted in Hot Shots.

Cheers,
Strype

Edit: I think he's acting fairly well in the "Defying Gravity" series, for the record.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Strype]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I just checked it and it is showing 55,509 views right now, but I am so sure that number itself is low, off to watch.

I think they got busted or the whole thing was a "mistake".

Still fishy business going on, the one linked had the 55, 509 but the ones in the side bar are all locked at 303. Censorship is the buzzword for youtube, google and TPTB. shameful

[edit on 9/11/2009 by redhead57]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
I just checked it and it is showing 55,509 views right now, but I am so sure that number itself is low, off to watch.

I think they got busted or the whole thing was a "mistake".

Still fishy business going on, the one linked had the 55, 509 but the ones in the side bar are all locked at 303. Censorship is the buzzword for youtube, google and TPTB. shameful

[edit on 9/11/2009 by redhead57]

This is getting ridiculous. First, it is "stuck" at 303, and everyone complains that YouTube has "locked" the views. Next, when it actually jumps a massive number, which more than overshadows the ratings, you complain that the number is too small, so they must have realized that they were figured out?

Isn't it the least bit possible that the views took a while to update just like on every other video on YouTube? Second of all, what were you expecting? Two million views? It's just another video of a conspiracy theorist whose opinion doesn't matter to a tiny fraction of those who frequent YouTube.

If Alex Jones wanted more attention, he probably should have found a bigger actor than Charlie Sheen to push his agenda.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Had operatiions on both hands so bear with me

Seen counter at 303,

57k about 15 mins ago

now 67,175 views 3642 ratings. Still way outta whack....

10k views in 15 mins supposedly..... good rate but doesnt make the rest of the data too accurate.

One of the comments mentioned 'ziontube' ROFL

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

I agree that this does seem strange but the video link above is currently standing at 67,175 and counting. Wish there was a way to amalgamate all of the videos under one banner so that we may establish a true picture here. Well spotted!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
"It appears that the google expression "Don't be evil" is just hollow and meaningless."

Which advertising slogan isn't hollow and meaningless?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by satwin

Well I have never seen the views drop BACK on YT, but I do know that the views don't all register immediately.
I have a friend who is quite a popular YT partner, and I tend to read the comments. I know that the views often stick at certain numbers for a while....even though I can see comments being added....then suddenly a few hours later the views jump to what it most probably the up-to-date number. I seem to remember my friend even asking YT about this and they confirmed it.

What an efficient way to control information and hype confusion, eh? Just blame it on a computer glitch conspiracy then call those who notice it, nutjobs. Bada Boom Baby.

I create data bases and am able to easily manipulate them to produce desired outcomes. Its not so hard to do and I'm not even one of the good ones! I can just imagine what someone who actually does it for a living can accomplish! LOL

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This whole stunt reminds me of the good old days when you were able to deactivate the odometer on your automobile to freeze the mileage at a certain number. Basically, an old trick by a new dog.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I've used youtube for a while now and have payed special attention to the way ratings and views are updated. Generally, the views counter lags significantly behind the ratings counter. That being said, I still have reason to believe that the "Truther" videos are being targeted and have some sort of program that limits their views.

For instance, look at the failblog channel. They normally get 100-300k views per new video, and about 3-5k ratings, the day of. The view counter updates fairly quickly for those videos, a couple times per day.

Now look at "Truther" videos. On every one that I have seen, the views counter is stuck at 301 for days, sometimes weeks. Occasionally it might be in the 330's, but it is always in the low 300's. Thealexjoneschannel has 50k subscribers, and yet the views almost never reflect this. Also take into account that videos and channels are routinely taken down or flagged for no legitimate reason at all. Remember the video of alex jones dressed up as the joker? That was flagged, and screwed up the views.

Whether you agree with these people or not, you have to acknowledge the fact that censorship is an intolerable method of stifling debate and information.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join