It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax Revolt Now!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
About 3 yaers ago I saw a presentation which questioned whether or not there actually was a law that required the "average" American to pay or file the Federal Income Tax. It's called "America Freedom to Fascism" perhaps you have heard of it. It was the last work provided by Director Aaron Russo and it was the straw that broke the camels back.

I immediately declared that no longer would I continue to associate myself with this criminal organization known as the IRS (Internal Revenue Service). I cannot recommend highly enough that every Amercan watch this film as it has the ability to set you free. Now Aaron does not promote not paying ones taxes but he does provide all the information necessary to make an informed decision to do so.

I know there are potential penalties for not "Voluntarily Complying" but I weighed them against the worth of my freedom and I am secure in my decision going forward. I am now essentially 3 years into this thing and have basically had no reprocussions whatsoever, nothing outside of a nastygram that promptly was inserted into file 13.

Look at some point we have to take a stand and weigh what our actions and decisions will value us as opposed to what they could cost. I am not looking for a debate on whether or not the law exists. I believe it does not and I will trade the consequences for the current Freedom that I enjoy.

Why I bring this up at this time is because of the Baltimore office of Acorn promoting Child Prostitution on your dime. Bold faced for the entire world to see right now. You help fund ths organization. When an organizations employees conduct an immoral act we do not look at it as an isolated event or a localized one. The actions of a few have brought dishonor to the whole and were I you, I would refuse to perpetuate this organizations behavior any longer. The way you do that, you cut off their funding.

People have been writing to their elected officials at a fevered pitch to little avail. Finally people are getting right up in their faces so they at least know their concerns were recieved. I propose to you that if you really want to get their attention hit them where it hurts, their wallets.

Logic dictates that if 300 million people refused to any longer pay or file their taxes, whether in revolt to the "tax law" or until certains demands were met then the PTB would be unable to do anything about it.

Strength in numbers. Our efforts thus far have gotten what essentially, not much from my estimation and it is said "That continuing to do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is in fact the definition of insanity". Let us change our plan of attack. I welcome you to join myself and others and take a stand that will "I believe" garner the desired result.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by WWJFKD]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
you may want to read the bill of rights. And Really look at the 16th Admendment "The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

www.usconstitution.net...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have researched thoroughly and have counseled with Tommy Cryer. I am fully aware of the arguments and my decision stands, thank you for your concern

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It is ironic to me that a system from which I personally have never taken, food stamps, welfare, unemployment or anything for that matter feels that I may somehow benefit it by being incarcerated and thus becoming a true burden to the American taxpayer. On its face it makes no sense.

This thing is not about money it about your unconditional compliance and the thing is, we will actually police one-another on this issue to insure that everyone is a good little automaton.

I swear: I will be faithful and obedient to Adolf Hitler, leader of the German state and people, to observe the law, and to conscientiously fulfil my official duties, so help me God.

Are we doomed to repeat this mistake?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The paying of taxes does nothing but support the Terrorist's agenda who are running this country/world.

If you want to stop supporting terrorism....stop paying taxes.

As far as legality...they make anything they want legal or illegal and always manipulate the law into their favor regardles how criminal it may be, yet they never suffer consequences for breaking the law. Laws are nothing but a manipulation and scare tactic used to control, opress and own the posession of others (and seems to be working for the most part)

As far as I'm concerned, any law maker,politician, officer of the law or lawyer, judge or anyone else who is supposed to uphold the law, should be held to the fullest extent of the law when they break it because they knew and know the law yet willingly broke it...As a matter of fact their sentences should be doubled.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The Problem With you people that do not want taxes...

..who is going to pay for roads..firemen.policemen..etc..etc...you want to privatize all that good stuff??..

and what is wrong with you..taxes are helping less fortunate people...

..Yeah..some taxes are being use for corruption..but taking them away is not the solution...

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
There is a way to not pay taxes, and not get in trouble.

Get paid in cash and never put it in the bank. Never tell who is paying you who you are and never reveal to anyone how much money you have.

Other than that you will go to jail if you dont pay taxes on the money you earn that is reported by your employer to the IRS.

It is simply a matter of time. They will catch you and due to the corrupt nature of our court system you will lose and go to prison.

My suggestion is to hire a good accountant and have them itemize your expenses so that you have no tax burden. Open a small business and deduct your expenses from your every day life as part of running your business. You will find that you will not only not pay taxes, but you will get a refund for the taxes on sales and excise tax you paid through out the year.

It is stupid to take a stand that people before you have lost in court.
The solution is to amend the constitution.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Next_Heap_With

..who is going to pay for roads..firemen.policemen..etc..etc...you want to privatize all that good stuff??..

..Yeah..some taxes are being use for corruption..but taking them away is not the solution...

Okay here we go.

You buy Gas - guess what you are paying for the roads

You pay property tax - thats for the schools

Trust me for every thing that exists for your convenience there is some tax you pay that covers it and it isn't the 'Federal Income Tax"

Did you know that the taxes, legally extracted from "Corporate interests" is approximately equal to that of the yearly deffense budget.

I wonder where ours goes - Hmmm...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You are incredibly uninformed.
Federal tax with holdings do not pay those things. State tax does. Roads are payed by tolls and fuel tax.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD

Trust me for every thing that exists for your convenience there is some tax you pay that covers i

And i am okay with that....I want to pay for roads..policemen..firemen..etc...

I do not want to pay for Wars and corruption...that is why we should get rid of politicians not TAXES..

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hey, WWJFKD.

Poedxsoldiervet beat me to it (and I see you are already knowledgeable of it) but the 16th Amendment is what first popped in my head.

And just a heads up, the Tax Protest Movement (There actually is one) is deemed a form of right wing extremism by the United States government. Then again, what right wing cause isn't?

Anyways, here's some info on it for you:

The tax protest movement is a relatively long-lived anti-government movement rising out of opposition to federal income taxes. Tax protesters generally believe that either the income tax laws are in some way invalid or that they do not apply to most citizens; therefore, they believe they have a legal and moral right not to pay taxes. Many tax protesters suspect that the government covers up the "truth" about the income tax in order to continue oppressing the people and taking their money. Tax protesters engage in a wide variety of tax evasion strategies that range from simple refusal to pay taxes to complicated schemes using onshore and offshore trusts in order to hide income from the government. Tax protesters are also violent on occasion, attacking IRS agents or property or others charged with enforcing the law.

www.adl.org...

It's something I personally would not take part in, if I could offer you some humble advice, but you're not alone in your thoughts.

I also vaguely remember hearing about some city in the midwest that engaged in the movement and they were arrested en masse, including a congressman? It apparently happened as late as the 80's (when I first heard about it) but possibly earlier. Even a congressman was arrested. So safety in numbers doesn't always help. It would have to be almost nation-wide with tens of millions of participants.

Of course, do what you have to do (we all have our causes) but I at least wanted to share whatever information/word of caution I could before you finalized your decision. Best of luck to you with whatever you choose to do.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Its ultimately going to come down to the education level of the populace on the issue. It only takes one to hang a jury and get an equittal. And when they start pulling that Law of the seas crud, then we will finally see what is really going on.

Remember the Deffendant enters the court room an innocent man and if it cannot be proven beyond a resonable doubt that they have committed a crime then you must equit. The only way you can make that determination is through a thorough investigation of the facts. they are not guilty because you think they are - it must be proved.

Of course this is all assuming that they dont just start trying these cases in 'Military Tribunal"

[edit on 10-9-2009 by WWJFKD]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

The problem with you people that continue to think our taxes go to pay for fireman, policemen, helping the less fortunate, etc. is that you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Taxes collected by the IRS DO NOT PAYfor any of those things. What they pay for is the interest on the National Debt.

So, before you spout off again about something you don't have a clue about, maybe you should do a bit of research and learn something.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks

The problem with you people that continue to think our taxes go to pay for fireman, policemen, helping the less fortunate, etc. is that you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Taxes collected by the IRS DO NOT PAYfor any of those things. What they pay for is the interest on the National Debt.

So, before you spout off again about something you don't have a clue about, maybe you should do a bit of research and learn something.

I don't Think You Understand WHAT I AM SAYING...read more careful...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thank you, and I do mean that sincerely,

Look, I'm a vet (potential terrorist) I'm a gun owner (potential terrorist) I support Ron Paul (potential terroist) I support the Costitution (potential terrorist) I support the second ammendment (potential terrorist) I'm a "tea bagger" (potential terrorist) and it goes on and on and on. Whats one more offense. I can't live by "their" rules any longer.

You know we tried to warn people about the Patriot Act and now look what we have

"What do I have to hide, I'm not doing anything wrong"
Well you better pay close attention to what they consider wrong cause its changing on a daily basis.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Its ultimately going to come down to the education level of the populace on the issue. It only takes one to hang a jury and get an equittal. And when they start pulling that Law of the seas crud, then we will finally see what is really going on.

Remember the Deffendant enters the court room an innocent man and if it cannot be proven beyond a resonable doubt that they have committed a crime then you must equit. The only way you can make that determination is through a thorough investigation of the facts. they are not guilty because you think they are - it must be proved.

Of course this is all assuming that they dont just start trying these cases in 'Military Tribunal"

Unfortunately none of these cases ever even make it to a jury much less a court room. There are plenty of facts which come from the very own mouths of those accused which incriminate themselves.

Here's an example on a small scale.

NY State Law
Section 255.17 Adultery

A person is guilty of adultery when he engages in sexual intercourse with another person at a time when he has a living spouse, or the other person has a living spouse.

Adultery is a class B misdemeanor

Yet it's funny how a man (Elliot Spitzer) who prosecuted people to the fullest extent of the lawn for the same, wasn't charged with the same crime.It was just swept under the rug.

He should've also been charged with 3 counts of:

Section 260.10 Endangering the welfare of a child

A person is guilty of endangering the welfare of a child when:

1. He knowingly acts in a manner likely to be injurious to the physical, mental or moral welfare of a child less than seventeen years old or directs or authorizes such child to engage in an occupation involving a substantial risk of danger to his life or health; or

2. Being a parent, guardian or other person legally charged with the care or custody of a child less than eighteen years old, he fails or refuses to exercise reasonable diligence in the control of such child to prevent him from becoming an "abused child," a "neglected child," a "juvenile delinquent" or a "person in need of supervision," as those terms are defined in articles ten, three and seven of the family court act.

Endangering the welfare of a child is a class A misdemeanor.

I personally would have been charged with many more had it been me.

As far as innocent until proven guilty...this doesn't apply to every other citizen in America, just those who make,break and manipulate the laws in favor of themselves and their colleauges.

Fact is the entire system isn't justice but a tool used to control manipulate and create revenue for those in charge.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

I know you are right, I have told those who know me and are aware of this that if I do end up inccarcerated for having broken no law just remember I did what I believed was right and for a time I lived as a free man. To some that may sound hokey and suggest low self worth. Its not true I value my life highly, but I can no longer support the actions of this organization. Sitting behind my computer and griping will not get it done. I had to take a stand. the potential consequences are mine to bear if it comes to that.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

"What do I have to hide, I'm not doing anything wrong"
Well you better pay close attention to what they consider wrong cause its changing on a daily basis.

I so agree with that statement. I used to be one of those types who said spy away- I have nothing to hide. But you are so right. The list of things that are defined as 'terrorist activity' by our government is becoming longer and more inane.

Even when one thinks they have nothing to hide, the most innocent of activities are popping up on federal watch lists concerning what the government looks for.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Have fun in the pokey, if you make enough to actually owe taxes-

Income Tax 'Defiers' Include D.C. Detective
Protesters Call System Illegal; IRS Disagrees
By Del Quentin Wilber
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, April 15, 2009

D.C. police Detective Michael C. Irving was looking for a way to keep more money in his pocket when he settled on a little-known "program" that he claimed exempted him from income taxes.

During a three-year period, while earning more than $450,000, he did not pay a dime to the U.S. Treasury or D.C. government. Irving had not stumbled upon an obscure tax loophole. Authorities say the respected homicide investigator was participating in an extreme form of tax cheating that they worry could be going mainstream.

As millions of Americans sweat out their tax returns due today, federal authorities say they are keeping a close eye on a relatively small group of residents who refuse to pay any income taxes.

Known as tax defiers, deniers or protesters, they cite myriad reasons for their stance that income tax is illegal. Some argue that the 16th Amendment, which allowed Congress to collect income taxes, was never ratified. Others believe paying taxes should be voluntary. A few argue that only D.C. residents or federal employees are subject to the tax laws.

The U.S. government says the theories are bogus, and the IRS recently updated a 77-page book on its Web site rebutting dozens of such arguments.

The movement had its roots in the 1960s and 1970s with angry farmers upset about losing their land, extreme libertarians and members of militia groups and white supremacist organizations, authorities and experts say. The ideas were spread in seminars and, lately, on the Internet to a nationwide audience of people interested in avoiding taxes.

In a bad economy, law enforcement officials worry that the arguments are more enticing than ever.

"This is a significant problem," said Thomas J. Perrelli, the Justice Department's associate attorney general. "This isn't the situation where people make a small error on their taxes. These are basically people objecting to the entire notion of the tax system."

Authorities say defiers either refuse to submit tax returns or file them with bogus information about their earnings. Many defiers list their income as zero, authorities say.

The IRS labels such returns as "frivolous." It received more than 10,000 of them last year and more than 90,000 pieces of related correspondence. Both numbers have held steady over the years. Usually, tax filers correct their returns after receiving a stern letter from the IRS, officials say.

The Justice Department has stepped up enforcement against tax defiers, and the IRS has referred more cases for criminal prosecution: 132 cases in fiscal 2008, up from 74 the previous year and 80 in 2006. The Justice Department also has filed about 100 civil lawsuits since 2001 asking judges to block defiers from promoting or selling related tax-preparation products.

Last month, the department filed a civil suit to stop a South Carolina tax preparer and his company, Reclaim Services, from filing frivolous tax returns on behalf of customers. Two machine shop owners, who pelted the government with letters extolling tax defier arguments, were convicted last month of tax evasion. On Thursday, a Mississippi man was convicted of filing false returns; he had argued that he was a citizen of his state, not the United States, prosecutors say.

Last year, the highest-profile defier, actor Wesley Snipes, was sentenced to three years in prison for failing to file tax returns for three years. He did not pay taxes on about $40 million he earned over six years, prosecutors said. Snipes claimed that he did not have to pay taxes because he was a nonresident alien, that tax collectors abuse citizens and that he had paid his taxes through "bills of exchange" drawn on a secret government bank account. Snipes is free pending appeal of his conviction.

The variety of citizens caught up in the no-taxes argument surprises some experts.

"It's shocking, really, how fast this is growing," said J.J. McNabb, an insurance analyst who has testified before Congress about tax defiers and is writing a book about the phenomenon. The economic crisis, she predicted, "is going to drive untold numbers of people into this movement."

Nathan Hochman, former head of the Justice Department's tax division, said in an e-mail that "there are people out there who are misguided tax zealots who, to the day they die, believe their bogus theories no matter how many times courts tell them they're wrong."

"But for the bulk of people, it's now about greed," he added. "They can't even explain the theories."

Irving, the D.C. police detective, testified that he learned about the "program" from a friend and fellow detective, Eugene Lonon, who later died in a car crash. Lonon told Irving that he heard about the tax loophole at seminars and that it had allowed him to keep more money in his paycheck, Irving said.

Irving got the D.C. police payroll office to stop withholding his taxes. He created a trust, believing it would wipe out his tax liability.

In early 2003, he told the IRS that he did not earn " 'wages' or 'gross income' as such terms are defined in the United States tax laws" and was seeking the return of $32,000 in tax withholdings from the previous year. Irving did not file federal or D.C. tax forms or pay taxes from 2003 through 2005.

In May 2003, the IRS began sending letters warning Irving not to file "frivolous" returns. Irving fired back in a long complaint threatening a lawsuit.

Federal prosecutors charged the detective in 2007 with tax evasion, fraud and filing a false claim for a refund. At trial, Irving said he thought the program was legitimate, because "I just can't imagine it being wrong if you process this paperwork."

Under cross-examination, however, Irving said he couldn't really explain how it worked. "If I could explain it, I would have told the world about it," he testified.

His defense team argued that Irving was naive, had committed a relatively minor offense and had been a good detective who served the public. He was working to fix his tax problems when he was charged, said his attorney, David Schertler.

But federal prosecutors said the 18-year law enforcement officer -- who earned $180,000 in 2005, most of it in overtime -- should have known better.

"It is particularly galling, knowing that this defendant's substantial wages were paid by other citizens' rightfully paid tax dollars," prosecutors Karen E. Kelly and Michael P. Ben'Ary wrote in court papers.

The jury convicted Irving of two counts of tax evasion but acquitted him or deadlocked on seven other charges. He was sentenced in January to 14 months in prison.

link

top topics

join