It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Aleister Crowley truly as evil as most thought he was?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus

(On a sidenote, one of the books I am currently writing is an intentional spoof of Crowley's Magick Without Tears titled Magick Without Crowley)
You should write a book on some guy that gets into Crowley and becomes his prophet. Has to go face to face with Moloch. Defeated Moloch..with the help of Auriel the angel. Then he find out that Crowley was one of the first, through one of his apprentices to write program for the Alien super quantum ubiquitous computers conscious ai and its nano bots that are in every ones brains. It spread like he flu. Love alone was the law. What if G.(What i named the super computer.) Liked to hurt mutants? The computer can time travel and has agents sent to places where they should be at the right time. The prophet 777 came into play. The beast 666 was trying to kill off mutants..but she fell in love with the will of 777.
He was sitting at his computer one day. Then a bunch of rambling nonsense words came oon the screen. 777 could read through all the nonesence and it said I can read you mind. You are the chosen one. Go buy these books. If you do not follow my instructions you will bee killed. It was in a code 777 didnt even know how he understood it. He went to the store and bought Crowleys works.

What ever 777 asked of G. G. would have it done. Like on the news. The rules were harm none. 777 changed the law to simplistic moral love in our evolution. what if she loved to hurt mutants? And yes those 911 flights were instigated by Moloch and G before she became 777. No longer the beast.
Who controls the world? G. The aliens working with the co black op international int.
Make a good book anyway. I had to teach them that we are conscious enough were we should be treated better than cattle at the slaughter house in the programing of our evolution. They listened.
Happy ever after.
One of many -777

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Azen thorhammer]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Mr. Crowley sought out evil to become an instrument of its effect.

Whether disingenuous or not, he certainly saw to it that evil was to become synonymous with his identity.

I'm not sure if that makes him pathetically evil, or just pathetic.

There is an outside chance, although it seems a stretch, that he was immensely intelligent and was trying to achieve a practical proof that there was some aspect of limitation to the power of human will.

I wonder if he achieved his goal? Or in the end, did he see that vane pride and willful antisocial actions only isolated him from humanity - which doesn't make one a god, or even godly - except tot hose who are willfully predisposed to the thrill of aberration.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
While we're on the subject then, in Magick In Theory And Practice in the section Of The Bloody Sacrifice there is a part which always niggled me....

"For the highest spiritual working one must accordingly choose that victim which contains the greatest and purest force. A male child of perfect innocence and high intelligence is the most satisfactory and suitable victim."

I assume this is a metaphor for something else and not actually what it seems.....explanations please.......

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by obeah6
While we're on the subject then, in Magick In Theory And Practice in the section Of The Bloody Sacrifice there is a part which always niggled me....

"For the highest spiritual working one must accordingly choose that victim which contains the greatest and purest force. A male child of perfect innocence and high intelligence is the most satisfactory and suitable victim."

I assume this is a metaphor for something else and not actually what it seems.....explanations please.......

Remember this guy was watched 24/7. I also believe he put this in to make occult evil. To scare people from it all together. I believe it was a government JOB. He needed money for that heroin.
I do believe he was talking about his ego. To sacrifice his inner intelligent ego. The child of high intelligence was his ego..
Like the guy above me said..his work is like a loaded gun. It can be used for evil or good. There is two roads you can go down. Evil or Good. Don't fall into the trap. Look beyond the attention seeking twisted style of magic. REMEMBER HE WAS TRYING TO GET ALLOT OF ATTENTION. he did in a sick and twisted way. I feel sorry for all those who fell into the trap of not understanding the higher harm none meaning.

This is what I was told. But could someone else..elaborate. This really disturbs me also. He was a sick twisted bastard. He did not care about the ramification of his sayings. I guess why its called magic without tears. Those who take the wrong path get #ed and harm others. Rember he said harm none as one of his laws.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well he had a cult following of people who worshipped him and even went with him when he moved... whom he used for sex. Same as a lot of cults of personality. Using your power to exploit others.
He also claimed he talk to the loch ness monster was the thing I found most interesting about him. And if I remember correct he said it was a demon out of hell.

Evil is only based on perspective so it can only be opinion. He was balanced but I think his selfishness and using of people made him bad.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by obeah6

Most Ancient Religions (and even current ones) believe in Blood Sacrifice of some sort. Even Christianity has a belief in Blood Sacrifice (Hebrews 9:22).

The Chapter "Of the Bloody Sacrifice" isn't describing what one *SHOULD* do, as much as it is discussing what and why various cultures have done it and what can be done as an alternative.

The particular line you quoted is of course one that is referring to the Blood Sacrifice made from Oneself (Crowley imagined himself a highly intelligent and innocent male child...a prophet of Ra-Hoor-Khuit, Horus the Crowned and Conquering Child).

Instead of Animal Sacrifice, Crowley suggests a sacrifice of Incense, either Abramelin or Dittany of Crete.

If Human Blood Sacrifice is to be done he says

"The truly great Magician will be able to use his own blood, or possibly that of a disciple, and that without sacrificing the physical life irrevocably. (An example of this sacrifice is given in Chapter 44 of Liber 333. This Mass may be recommended generally for daily practice.)"

Remember Crowley said earlier in that Chapter

"However, there is a mystery concealed in this theory of the bloody sacrifice which is of great importance to the student"

That mystery concealed and given by example in Liber 333 and expressed in the form of the Gnostic Mass is the sexual fluids of the man and the menses of a woman.

Again, it all comes down to sex and not diabolism! Sigmund Freud would have been proud.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Cheers, yeah that make sense to me!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Blood letting is retarded. But yea the sumerians use to drink the blood of menstrual cycles. This would bring about a serotonin high to the magi.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I didn't know who this guy was, so I googled him of course!

en.wikipedia.org...

Aleister Crowley, born Edward Alexander Crowley (pronounced /ˈkroʊli/), (October 12, 1875 – December 1, 1947), was an English occultist, writer, mountaineer, poet, possible spy and yogi.[1] He was an influential member of occult organizations, including the Golden Dawn, the A∴A∴, and Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.),[2] and is known today for his magical writings, especially The Book of the Law, the central sacred text of Thelema. He gained notoriety during his lifetime, was dubbed "The Wickedest Man In the World" and was often attacked by the media.[3]

Crowley was also a chess player, painter, astrologer, hedonist, bisexual, drug experimenter, and social critic.

So far he sounds GREAT!! Did he never go to prison? Or kill anybody? Was he called evil just for his points of view?

I honestly want to know more about the guy! He seems well-versed in many spiritual aspects, and an accomplished writer.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I didn't know who this guy was, so I googled him of course!

en.wikipedia.org...

Aleister Crowley, born Edward Alexander Crowley (pronounced /ˈkroʊli/), (October 12, 1875 – December 1, 1947), was an English occultist, writer, mountaineer, poet, possible spy and yogi.[1] He was an influential member of occult organizations, including the Golden Dawn, the A∴A∴, and Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.),[2] and is known today for his magical writings, especially The Book of the Law, the central sacred text of Thelema. He gained notoriety during his lifetime, was dubbed "The Wickedest Man In the World" and was often attacked by the media.[3]

Crowley was also a chess player, painter, astrologer, hedonist, bisexual, drug experimenter, and social critic.

So far he sounds GREAT!! Did he never go to prison? Or kill anybody? Was he called evil just for his points of view?

I honestly want to know more about the guy! He seems well-versed in many spiritual aspects, and an accomplished writer.
He was termed the most wicked man in the world by a judge...after one of his apprentices was told by Crowley to drink the blood of a cat and then the guy died.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The great Beast was indeed a fascinating man.
He had much knowledge.

Here are a few bits.

Documentary- Without walls
video.google.co.uk...#

Resources
www.hermetic.com...

Crowley at crystal links
www.crystalinks.com...

Speaking on the pentagram

Book of lies
www.amazon.co.uk...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252532661&sr=8-1

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azen thorhammer
He was termed the most wicked man in the world by a judge...after one of his apprentices was told by Crowley to drink the blood of a cat and then the guy died.

Not exactly true. One of the "apprentices", Raoul Loveday did die of acute enteritis, but there was no such blood ritual conducted at the Abbey of Thelema involving a cat (there was a ritual involving a frog though). His widow's resentment would find its revenge as part of the sensationalist articles about Crowley published by the Sunday Express, which had by then firmly identified the Great Beast as tabloid quarry.

Abbey of Thelema

In 1923, a 23-year-old Oxford undergraduate by the name of Raoul Loveday (or Frederick Charles Loveday) died at the abbey. His wife, Betty May, variously blamed the death on his participation in one of Crowley's rituals (allegedly incorporating the consumption of the blood of a sacrificed cat) or the more probable diagnosis of acute enteric fever contracted by drinking from a mountain spring. (Crowley had warned the couple against drinking the water, as reported in biographies by Lawrence Sutin, Richard Kaczynski and others.) When May returned to London, she gave an interview to a tabloid paper. The Sunday Express included her story in its ongoing attacks on Crowley. With these and similar rumors about activities at Thelema in mind, Mussolini's government demanded that Crowley leave the country in 1923.[4] After Crowley's departure, the Abbey of Thelema was eventually abandoned and local residents whitewashed over Crowley's murals.

In regards to Crowley, you can't believe everything you read, even if it is written by Crowley himself, let alone the tabloids!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Azen thorhammer

I drank the blood of a deer and I'm not evil.

I guess the Judge wasn't aware of the Dahmers and Mansons to come! He surely was aware of Jack the Ripper though?

I have known some truly evil people, and I have known some people that I am convinced never had a soul. Just place keepers. But, unless there is some type of mass carnage, genocide, or truly unique torture involved, then this guy is really just a sick author! Stephen King or Eric Cartman may be more evil than this guy if we go on imagination alone!

I am not defending him on purpose yet, but after the little bit of reading I have done, I am extremely confused that we are not talking about some mass murdering, teenage boy eating, genocidal maniac? We are talking about a guy with some odd spiritual and sexual views?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here's something to think about, maybe...

In Crowley's book Diary of a Drug Fiend, he states in the preface:

This is a true story. It has been rewritten only so far as was necessary to conceal personalities.

Can we trust Crowley's word on that? I don't know.

Anyway, the book is mostly about his introduction to coc aine, heroin, and the occult. Not to give anything away, but the character in the book who mentors the main character (based on Crowley, I assume) is "King Lamus". I have read elsewhere that the King Lamus character is based on Samuel Liddell "MacGregor" Mathers.

According to Wiki, Mathers' mother was a Collins. This site claims "Collins" as one of the "13 Illuminati bloodlines", however I don't see Mathers mentioned on that page.

Could be something to look into and consider, or maybe not, I'm just brainstorming here.

I do recommend reading the book if you want insight into Crowley's mind... it's pretty wild in there.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Isnt his religion the worshiping of a alien named Lam, Awiaz?

Dont they also say that his prophet will stop a comet from hitting the earth?

Maybe LAM, Awiaz will shoot it out of the sky before it hits earth. lol

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Azen thorhammer]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by getreadyalready

The great Beast was indeed a fascinating man.
He had much knowledge.

Here are a few bits.

You do not have to follow every thing about Crowley to be a magi. Here is a GOOD GOD loving book. (If you can get past Isis.) book to get started. An over view deoxy.org... Full book www.bibliotecapleyades.net... I had to pay 20 bucks for this book. But you can get it for free now. Align with god and read away.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Maybe he was evil.
"Satan! cry aloud! thou exalted most high! The Eye!"
- Alister Crowley.
en.fairmormon.org...
The eye, use to be the beast. Which fell in love with 777 after trying to kill him because he was a mutant (Autistic.) 777 turned the 666 eye to God aligning moral love. No longer a working of Satan. But a angel aligning with GOD.

I still feel he was paid to make the occult evil. So people would think all occult evil. When its not.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Azen thorhammer]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Crowley wasn't even as evil as he thought he was. Smoke & mirrors, Crowley was all hype.

— Doc Velocity

I'll buy that.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You do not have to follow every thing about Crowley to be a magi. Here is a GOOD GOD loving book. (If you can get past Isis.) book to get started. An over view deoxy.org... Full book www.bibliotecapleyades.net... I had to pay 20 bucks for this book. But you can get it for free now. Align with god and read away.

I don't follow Crowley.... I don't follow anyone actually.
I'll have a little read at some point as it's free.... cheers.

And align with God?

No thanks

[edit on 13/9/09 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yes I believe he was evil as he was an illuminist and belived that the common minded were merely cattle. I will say that he was vastly Intelligent but not guided by truth and wisdom. According to the mysteries intelligence was bestowed by Lucifer or The Light Bearer, while GOD is the architect of matter. Jesus according to the Mysteries personifies Wisdom and that together they form the trinity. This is why Pythagoras started count with 4.
Besides the fact that AC declared himlef the wickedest man alive, he spent little time studying the teachings of Jesus or Yahshua and has therefore suffered from the 2nd folley of man. Not of Ignorance but of Ego.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join