It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Chair UN Security Council

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Story here ... and sign up for story here

Barack Obama will cement the new co-operative relationship between the US and the United Nations this month when he becomes the first American president to chair its 15-member Security Council.

The topic for the summit-level session of the council on September 24 is nuclear non-proliferation and nuclear disarmament – one of several global challenges that the US now wants to see addressed at a multinational level.

I find this interesting.
Especially considering what Obama wants to do to US security.
(disarm us and leave us wide open).

Wonder how much damage he can do to the world in one day?

Having a sitting US POTUS take such a position at the UN, even for a
short time, is creepy. At least to me it is.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Que up the anti Christ folks.

But then they might be right on this one..

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
When Bush was President we all wanted him to talk to the people more and tell us what was going on and what his plans were. With Obama we have the exact opposite. I've never seen a person more in love with the camera. For God sakes he's on again tonight pushing the government healthcare.

Now he has found a way to insert himself more into global politics. I can only imagine what he has planned. It certainly has the klaxon sounding in my head.

Why do you think he decided to take this position?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
United Nations conference calls for new global currency

The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development said in a report published Monday that the U.S. dollar should be replaced as the world’s standard reserve currency, giving rise to a new global currency managed by an as-yet undetermined financial regulatory organization.

And now, this... Obama all cozied up with the U.N. So much for U.S. sovereignty. Looks like Obama's vying for his next job... leader of the one world government.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
OMG!!!!!

That's the icing on the cake.

It strikes fear in my inner being to think of Obama with even more power.

Is he a pawn of the elite and this is all in their master plan?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Isn't this illegal? How can he possible do this?!?!

Doesn't something stop him from being part of other organizations while he is on USA's payroll?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Here is a snipit from Rightsoup.com

"Some unprecedented news today, folks. Never in the history of the United Nations has a U.S. President taken the chairmanship of the powerful UN Security Council. Perhaps it is because of what could arguably be a Constitutional prohibition against doing so. To wit: Section 9 of the Constitution says:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."

I am starting to have a bad feeling about Obama/Berry or whoever or whatever he is.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Hence the reason for his world apology tour.

The dollar is still king, though, and will remain so.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm not one for conspiracy really, but this is getting weird.

He becomes President while a few yell that by the consitution he isn't eligible.

Now he is going to chair the UN security council even though he isn't allowed by the constitution.

Theres something strange in the neighborhood.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I'm not one for conspiracy really, but this is getting weird.

He becomes President while a few yell that by the consitution he isn't eligible.

Now he is going to chair the UN security council even though he isn't allowed by the constitution.

Theres something strange in the neighborhood.

Yeah, it's not like he doesn't have enough to do already.

top topics

join