It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Has Finally Lost It--His Credibility And Damaged Ours

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
huge breaking story! if alex jones was living in my neihburhood i was goind to make number 2 infron of his door....that disinfo washen up mule

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by schrodingers dog

It's the reaction of it all that I find disturbing - on many levels. Far more than I really care to post at the moment, but the way people react only goes to show that people do actually "believe" what other say and so forth, which is a huge mistake in itself. The entire credibility thing only matters in that way.

You know, you really should go back and read the lead up and denouement of the infamous GFL thread ... it is scary (funny scary) how it played out in exactly the same way.

Meh, this too shall pass.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

watcher i have to laugh, alex got you started off out of the matrix and now he has sheen go take a interview with the president as each and every person in the states should do. now your throwing arrows at alex. christ dude our government has used us like a spent tampon but your hate is for alex. wow

i sure as hell wouldnt want to be your father when i had to tell you that santa clause was not real

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Critical_Mass

What the hell did you think he was going to do?

Storm the whitehouse, destroy the US Military and hang the fed by it's balls?

I didn't know until today that he had some major thing to reveal so I wasn't holding my breath about anything, but I also didn't expect him to publish some made up garbage and run around calling it the greatest thing he's ever done either.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I bet he will come out and say 'oh, I did have a real earthshattering story but TPTB came and raided my studio' bla bla bla.

There is always an excuse for a caught out hoaxer.

I hope some people will see now that Alex is simple a plant. He is put there and allowed to continue because TPTB know he does nothing but damage the movement.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
yep he knows what hes doin hes gettin his fan base to drop off.
so alex can move his family out with the dough,
i listened to him 3 years now and always smelled a rat

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Critical_Mass
I think that this is a classic example of how quick people are to disregard all that Alex Jones has done in the past to get facts and confront the wrongs in favor of immediately shooting off their mouths when their personal expectations of instant euphoria weren't met.

And I don't see how the actions of Alex Jones affect the credibility of anyone else. I cant believe the childishness I saw today.

What the hell did you think he was going to do?

Storm the whitehouse, destroy the US Military and hang the fed by it's balls?

Alex Jones started out incredibly strong pre-9/11. In fact, he's famous for calling the event before it actually happened in July 2001.

He then went on with the 'truth' (or at least what most of us believe is the truth which is; 9-11 was a lie) so he gained momentum. Then he had Ron Paul on during the campaign trail and that really up the stakes but I mean really, this is what you do to the people who believed in you the most? Many of us put a lot of stock in AJ and this is NOT how someone of his caliber is supposed to repay us.

He's all washed up now----credibility flushed down the toilet (much like this country) and Ron Paul best disassociate himself with this bozo tout de suite!!!!

[edit on 8-9-2009 by TwoPhish]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Critical_Mass

yes?

short and sweet, if anyone posted what he did/said, it would be put in the bin with HOAX slapped on it oh wait.. it was

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I am simply stunned that after reading 9 pages of comments on this topic, I didn't find a single one which proposed that the interview WAS real, Sheen DID talk to Obama verbatim, and the disclaimer identifying it as a parody was added 90 minutes after it's initial offering because Obama's people flipped their wigs over it and demanded that it be re-classified as satire because outright removal of it from the site would have caused a much bigger stir vs adding a simple text string at the end of an already posted article. Maybe there is reason to have some faith in the ATS community afterall.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

If this is the highlight of his career then that should tell his followers alot after 12 yrs or so on the radio.!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tatersalad

Funny thing is. You don't know me yet you make such declarations as if you did....
Alex Jones has ALWAYS smelled fishy to me. As for what I think about CTs. The ones I do believe in are based off my own analysis, not anyone else's ESPECIALLY not Alex Jones's. So care to make anymore rash assumptions?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
After looking it over, I think the majority of you are missing the point, writing this fake interview is like creating your own reality. It never happened and would probably never happen in this type of world, but if you pretend like it did happen, tons of people responding, creating a viral buzz through the collective human web of consciousness it becomes real and effects change, just thought I would add that in.

link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by Critical_Mass

yes?

short and sweet, if anyone posted what he did/said, it would be put in the bin with HOAX slapped on it oh wait.. it was

I don't really consider this to be a hoax as much as it is just underhanded and shows lack of character.

A hoax is something you try and get away with. You try and pull the wool over peoples eyes with a hoax. A hoax is deception.

He obviously could not have gotten away with this for very long. Sooner or later somone in the media would have easily busted him if not the President of the United States himself. There is no way this "hoax" could have ever been successful so I don't think calling it a hoax is exactly accurate.

It is fairly underhanded though.
This just isn't the way to bring attention to what you want people to hear. As I said earlier, if he had some amazing evidence then he wouldn't need to resort to stunts like this... but he doesn't have that evidence... because it doesn't exist. If it did he wouldn't need to make up bogus interviews.

link   
my gosh...you people act like Alex Jones started a civil war amongst the truthers, or that everything he has said is BS. I know conspiracy nutz as myself hate to be duped, but I can see the advantage of someone outside the truth movement reading this interview and thinking it's real until the end....No? Whole lot of important information in there right...would they read it if they know it's fake or get any of this info if the stunt wasn't put on? Get over yourselves please. AJ has brought more people to the truth than anyone. And I am going to send this interview to some non believers right away...I hope some of you will do the same.
PEACE & LOVE my Brothers and Sisters

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
...Oh hi, you guys. (pretentious laugh) Now, that's the hype over, welcome. Welcome to the future where all of us already knew Alex Jones was a money-grubbing fearmongering, sesationalist crock. Hope you enjoy your stay. Make sure to keep your Skepticism card whenever you hear Alex Jones.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

yeah the change was made 90 mins later turning news into a FICTIONAL story..

He used it as propaganda in order to suck you in THEN said Oh but charlie is demanding an interview.. you really think the POTUS is going to sit down with him? LOL

some people really...

like i said if anyone presented this on ats, only later to find out they wrote it. it would be a hoax.. and don't get me wrong but according to us law using real names without permission is a "sueable?" offense, i would be lucky the POTUS does not care or he would be getting a call from my lawyer for deformation.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
in the next few days all you skeptics and fraudies will begin to see past your nostrils

brilliant

perfect timing

well thought out

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

he did, for 90mins..

short yes but the point is IT WAS.

facts are there.. he even admitted it was for attention?

link   
Well I am glad for the fact that I never listened to him. This kind of reminds me of the History Channel "Global Event" hype and let down. Soo many of us were upset at them, but I bet far more than half of us went back to watching, I did after a couple of days.

Mr. Jones will no doubt come up with some reason that he pulled the stunt which will pacify the masses and they will have a reason to go back for more.... come on...... you know you will, at least most of you.

link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
huge breaking story! if alex jones was living in my neihburhood i was goind to make number 2 infron of his door....that disinfo washen up mule

Why do you even care about these idiots, just ignore them and forget them. Haven't people here learnt not to trust any old claims from the Blossom saga last year, now it's just somebody else for you to get angry with, when it should be directed at yourselves for taking too much notice in the first place.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by john124]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join