It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Has Finally Lost It--His Credibility And Damaged Ours

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Damn you Alex! Some people believed in you, and then this? this is what we get in return? What is wrong with you? Sell out? Hope it was worth it man.
(edit to add) palm to forehead, repeat as necessary.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by Annee

but war of the worlds was not based on the death of 3000 odd people.. This was and it was crass to say the least..

I'm just thinking of the theatrics.

Pulling something off on unsuspecting people.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
What really annoys me, is there is this one guy, Alex Jones -- and the credibility of whether we need to have investigations and a trial on 9/11, or war crimes, or the lies to war, or what we are actually doing in these wars,

so many questions,

That need answers.

Alex Jones may be right, wrong, a plant -- whatever. But he isn't the people at NORAD, the CIA, the FBI who botched and covered up so much. The FAA destroying the radar tapes.

Fine. Let's investigate nothing, and be completely surprised the next time the Fed tells us the economic system is going to collapse out of the blue, or he next time someone tells us "they attacked us because we live in houses."

The people breathing a sigh of relief about Alex Jones botch up, are the people who orchestrated 9/11.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by daptodave

Well...honestly it was an attempt to defend the definition of the word "credibility" itself..by which Alex is under the scrutiny of most anyone who has any of the 5 senses and access to the internet...most of his critics have hardly the exposure, and thereby nearly none of the accountability ...so the word "credibility" itself lends us to believe that Alex has the most of anyone on this board so far, whether it is in favor of or against him

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

like i said hes full of crap..

bill cooper was the real deal, AJ = scum

he is crackers or..well you know what or is.

he lies and scams

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

indeed but why?
watch the vid above

[edit on 8-9-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Oops...this was originally meant to reply to this post...

Well...honestly it was an attempt to defend the definition of the word "credibility" itself..by which Alex is under the scrutiny of most anyone who has any of the 5 senses and access to the internet...most of his critics have hardly the exposure, and thereby nearly none of the accountability ...so the word "credibility" itself lends us to believe that Alex has the most of anyone on this board so far, whether it is in favor of or against him

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake

I agree he should have put the disclaimer up first but in all fairness ATS if anything hurts the credibility of conspiracy theorists every day.

Again, and because you are not the first person to bring this up, I will say that the above is not true, at least in the sense that it is comparing apples to oranges ... a better metaphor would be a voter (ats members) to a politician (AJ).

We here are members who contribute individually onto a forum which ATS provides. ATS admin itself doesn't promote an agenda the members promote their thoughts and opinions. Very different to Infowars which is the medium through which AJ expresses himself.

ATS members can lose credibility just as AJ did, but not the ATS community, for our credibility, other than as a fair/equitable/open forum to discuss alternative topics is not in play based on specific subject matter or claims.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

no offense...but instead of listening to egotistical fearmungers i suggest you do research .. like me

www.abovetopsecret.com...

don't be shocked and don't listen to idiots like AJ

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm sorry, Alex Jones had no credibility to begin with, at least not to me.

He seems to know just the right thing to agitate a crowd, so I've never believed anything he had to say, not one ounce, even the one thread I did with him mentioned about "Swine Flu" I stated that I did not care for the man.

To me, he was and still is nothing more than an agent provocateur.

His job is just to stir up the masses into doing something stupid.

Sensationalistic garbage.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

The people breathing a sigh of relief about Alex Jones botch up, are the people who orchestrated 9/11.

If that is in fact true, then you and many others are surely asking the wrong questions about why this happened today.

In any investigation one has to ask one's self .. who had the most to gain?

In this case, the answer to that question may be the most disturbing of all.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I also believe the stunt was downright illegal and he is now open to a lawsuit. He hyped up something, then staged a fake interview with the President! I highly doubt you can go around pulling this crap, then hours later explain that it was fake. I think someone would have an easy lawsuit over this. There was NO DISCLAIMER. This is not an article on the Onion or a satire piece, this was passed of as a 100% legit interview with the President.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If you folks have the extra time, I strongly encourage you to listen to this set of youtube videos. There are roughly 20, ten minute clips to this playlist recorded from William Cooper's "Hour of the Time" radio program. Mr. Cooper covers audio clips taken from A/J's Y2K broadcast.
If you listen to A/J and haven't heard this, you really need to devote some time to it and give it your attention.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

If that is in fact true, then you and many others are surely asking the wrong questions about why this happened today.

So what you're actually saying is: Believe in NO ONE ever.....for the rest of our lives, is that it?

Sorry, but right now we're in the midst of so many people losing so much hope and we felt we had someone who actually understood our grievances (i.e., Ron Paul) and were our voice!
It's natural for humans to want to restore hope. We all need love and hope. Two emotions that make life worth living. We've lost so much hope and when AJ came to events, sounding off with his bullhorn, he spoke for so many of us and in the end, we were his muse.

So this shenanigan cost him big time for he made the biggest mistake (or, could this have been on purpose?) by letting the few "Truth Seekers" loose the little hope we had. He has now added to the problem and the disdain that so many of us have/had and will continue to have.
Only the desperate will still pay attention to him. For me? I've washed my hands and deleted him forever. No one like to get hoodwinked especially by a person that was admire and that we trusted.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Oh my God....you people are serious aren't you.....AJ ruined our movement, please....I think you all who are crying wolf over this are truely over reacting. I listened to the show....and read the script. What don't you people understand? It is what They wanted to do....and they are continueing the interveiws and shows throughout the week. Get a clue, the 20 points are the issue, get them out into msm....get them to the brainedwashed masses who think their governmrnt is all good guys fighting for their rights. Maybe directly staring at these, they will wake up from their coma's.
But, on ATS I have noticed that it's not about the info....its about bashing people and less about understanding them.
And as for the people who are calling for you to stop listening to his show...screw them, they are probably in with the disinfo groups....deside for yourselves.....don't listen to me either, gather up the info and make an educated decision. On the note....it's beer thirty.....Cheers!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
With all due respect, all of you who believed a word he ever said are as to blame for this as he is. If you perpetuated the lie, supported the drama or financed his propaganda you are guilty causing serious damage to the truth movement.

Without the attention so many gave his insane ramblings and unfounded claims, he wouldn't have gained the notoriety he now has.

This should be a lesson to everyone here, research for yourself, and then openly denounce such fools, don't accept them, don't listen to them, don't give the trolls the oxygen of attention.

I take pride in being able to say WE TOLD YOU SO!
And I say that on behalf of all the sensible people who saw this coming, we tried to tell you "blind followers of Alex Jones" and you didn't listen.

As a result, you (in association with Alex Jones) have weakened the credibility of all the hard work done over the last eight years by people who DO investigate, people who base their claims on EVIDENCE.

Spare a moment now for all the people who have worked hard over the last eight years to produce credible documentaries, produce real questions about 9-11 and not go into insane drama pieces about grand NWO conspiracies and attention-seeking stunts. By supporting Alex Jones in any capacity you have done all of them (and those murdered by the State) an incredible injustice! You cast doubt on the entire work in the minds of the sheep public, you have allowed the corrupt PTB to point to this for years to come to dispel any truly credible piece of evidence.

Yes, I'm damn angry, can you tell?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm not a truther myself...I believe that the government is too incompetent to pull off something as complex as 911 conspiracy theorists allege. However, I think Jones just did some serious damage to the movement.

The real damage came when it went viral and who knows how many thousands of people sent emails and posted on forums talking up Jone's 'biggest story.' Each one of those people who sent out emails was discredited in the eyes of the many potential converts who read the emails and posts.

If you believe that the government is running COINTELPRO against the truth movement, then today you just witnessed your best evidence for it. There's a very real possibilty that Jones and Hal Turner have a lot in common. And while we're at it, how about that crazy Ann Coulter? I've always thought she was a shill.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Who exactly do you think you are? Do you think anyone outside this website cares what you think because they don't.

Here is the link to the Gawker story i just posted here on ATS
Gawker story on Sheen fantasy interview

In the Article there is no mention of a hoax or of Alex all they talk about is Sheens mock interview. It is only here at ats that anyone sees this as a hoax because some of you are just pariahs and don't know that there is a world outside of this site and they don't think how you do.

The gawker gets more views than ATS does and its people who aren't awake and they didn't read anything about Alex or a "hoax" as you profess will derail everything.

You are not upset about this you are enjoying it. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

All I said in the bit you quoted is when one is trying to find causality the first place to look is at who benefits most ... hardly controversial stuff.

What is upsetting you so and what does the rest of your rant have to do with it?

And if you think this hasn't bothered me you obviously haven't read my posts in this thread.

Yikes.

[edit on 8 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

so you support his little trick?

sad

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join