It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

District 9 (Something we missed)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by f3rm1N
Well just to begin with small steps, here we go. The scene consist of Wikus Van De Merwe (Sharlto Copley) signaling what appeares to be the MNU armored vehicle of his presence and to "wait", Now when one must take notice the hand position that is being made (you can go ahead and replicate it at your chair in the air for a quick second) you will notice two things, the first is that nor in a relaxed gesture nor in an attempt to signal someone of your presence does your hand naturally fall into such a position (your ring and middle fingers do not weight more then the others)

...actually, my fingers do that naturally when I hold out my arm like that. If I hold out my arm and loosely hold my four fingers out in a relaxed position, then raise my index finger, my little (pinky) finger moves up slightly also -- and I suppose it's possible that the actor could be just like me in this respect.

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
wow i'm a little confused to be honest, didn't i give you 4 rational reasons (and a bonus bit of advice) for you to debate?

What exactly should we be talking about if not the likelyhood you are correct in your assertion? Most threads follow a simple pattern, OP makes a claim and then other people debate it with the op until eiter a concensus is reached or everyone gets tired of the circular debate.

Wishing me away because i disagree with you ia hardly in the spirit of 'deny ignorance' which this site operates under.

If we are to uncover any hiden truth then it will be through debate, counter debate and plenty of evidence gathering. You have provided some evidence but alas it didn't quiet meet our standards, we have politely pointed out the error in your ways and i've even offered you some places which might help you in your future quest for knowledge and understanding. I'm not egotistical enough to think i can't be wrong, indeed if i am then i hope someone can show me a more convinceing argument or some other evidence so i might get back on track. However after reading endless threads about 'the horns' i still have yet to see anything even resembling proof.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It was your initial post that discouraged me from paying attention to any of your other posts to be honest, I a simple mechinism that I use, introduce yourself with "LoL another one of these" type attitude would label anyone immediatly in my eyes and no worth reading anything else they have to say, which sorta makes me question where this rob guy got the whole trolling thing from but w.e.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by f3rm1N

Walk it off! Don't take it personally. You need a thick skin here. Don't let the mockery of others define you. Either you believe in your post or you don't.

Please drink and fornicate responsibly,
Dan

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by f3rm1N

ok now we're past that lets get down to business, look at my posts and tell me why im wrong...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by f3rm1N

cowboy up dude.
And when you get a chance, look up the sign for "I Love You" in sign language. If you really want an interesting debate, get deaf alien to stop by. He knows sign language and doesn't mind informing others at to what it means.

Don't let a few posts that didn't go your way upset you. It happens to all of us at some time or another. Learn from it and move on. And smile for s4!t sake.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The actor is clearly a fan of the Texas Longhorns, and was simply giving them props.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Exactly....watch a Texas football game, and you will see this "symbol" being used by about 100,000 people at the same time. Does that mean that they are all in league with the Devil too?

And geeeez man, dont take it personal. I didnt say YOU were dumb....just that this particular idea you had is.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Apologies for the overly long quotes here, however they are great examples of what I find wrong with ATS and terribly frustrating...

To start, I'll state my position as one that disagrees with the OP, so we can see I'm going into this and freely admitting to a degree of bias - I do agree with one of the previoous posters that has stated this thread as being "a waste of bandwidth" - as an avid student of film, there are many, many examples I could draw of "messages" within those/any film, however you have to realise for all the intent of a director, scriptwriter and the crew some things are just pure coincidence... and almost anything taken out of context can represent a meaning other than was intended.

Also, if Peter Jackson is an Illuminati member - why such a frivolous reference? Was it a secret sign to other Illuminati worldwide to rise up and, err??? Surely a lot of the Illuminati would be against making their existence so overt in an international film - really, where is the purpose here?

As for the horns sign (which I don't believe the actor is doing intentionally or actually, taking into account the angle it's filmed from) - this is such a common gesture these days, coming from the late 70s early 80s, it's just assimilated itself into youth culture - why do rappers do it? It's just a rock n roll gesture these days, I've seen pro wrestlers do it, it's just a "Rock" gesture become meaningless - how many generic pop stars do you see do the Peace "V" symbol without a clue as to its meaning?

Now onto the OPs comments and reactions to others, they seem somewhat overly defensive, to the point of aggression, which really isn't very useful - some comments to the OP were mocking, but seemingly justifiably so and if the OP had such a strong case they would have been met with rational arguments, not inference of swearing and "get out" comments. Shameful.

Finally, I would like to add - my own opinion - that the language the OP was couched in "Do you see what I see" is that of a confidence trickster, someone that will lead others into their ideas and then spring a "reward" on people they agree with. I find the best threads are started by those that present all the facts "they see" and won't hold anything back as a "reward" until later, this is the language of politicians - "Oh yes" (pats on head) "very clever, you do see what I see".

Sir, respectfully you have not helped further the cause or learning of ATS and I will bear that in mind for any future threads you create, I will not foe you (yet) as this may just be overexuberance on your part.

Before any response I would like you to consider the language of your posts I have quoted below.

I'd would just suggest that you go away ^.^ I thought I asked you to move on? i'm not interested in what you have to say since your first post :-)

and

Good to know for future reference, I should have known seeing as how most of the information that gets attention here is stolen from another source, I didn't realize finding your own s**t was condemed so dearly by such immature ways, goes to show, eh? well theres goes my idea of mentioning how the parkour game Mirror's Edge mentions the whole "Swine Flue" thing in their "Eye News repor" because it would most likely be as insignificant as possibly seeing two illuminatus symbols in a film. You can all just move along to your ever so busy lives of searching for forums and informing people which things need to be discussed and which are meerly plain stupid. I will clearly not ever make the mistake of trying to bring something to sight here again...I can asure you.. I wouldn't want to hurt your egos, I get this strange feeling that the thread would have gone much better if it would have started something like this "LoL loOK @ this ">picture

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Wow what do you think about my avatar then?! Its a person making a signal nothing more.....and I am not in a satanic cult so please lets not go there again everyone.

I dont really see this as something we missed. If I sat there and went frame by frame I too could pull up all kinds of odd things that could be deemed "of special interest."

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Yes, nice watch.

--or--

Dude's totally metal!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Nerve deafness runs in my family.My Dad used to use that hand sign alot,to say I love you.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by crowpruitt]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Who really cares if he does devil horns? To me its like the middle finger, its just a finger get over it. If anyone thinks it is bad/evil to raise and put down certain fingers then they have just been brain washed by society into thinking it is bad.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
well not just the horns but the BAPHOMET symbol on the suits of the MNU police men was pretty obvious I thought. They showed it alot on screen and I of course know what that means. P. Jackson is probably a freemason, he had the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy in which had the all seeing eye in it. The number 9 for them (Elitist/illuminati) is a special number. You can believe it or not but I think its very wicked what these people do.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I couldn't stand to read the rest of the second page of this thread, but in all that I read, no one pointed out that what the 'hand gesture' most resembles is sign language for 'i love you', with the thumb extended out.

The goat head thing has the thumb over the fingers that are completely folded into the palm.

The hand will, however, fall naturally into this position if someone is lazily pointing at something or to a general direction. Especially if you're gay. Or drunk. Or both. And for some, either condition is interchangable. Anyway...

So the goat head sign is NWO, huh? Wow I did not know that. I really believe that the higher ups at the NWO or that TPRP thing whatever it is flash that sign to each other all the time. Like they didn't know who each other were or something.

Hey, congratulations on all your stars for this barely, but still breathing bait thread to which I could not resist responding. Don't spend them all in one place.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Why is it that so many people think District 9 is the best thing since sliced bread? I really don't understand it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join