It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

District 9 (Something we missed)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
As an ex-Metalhead I know that the Traditional "Horns" is fingers facing towards the person your intending to cast away because they contain ill intent or bad spirits.
Dio was of Italian descent through his Grandma or Mother I believe and thus adopted a similar sign, but without wanting to be blasphemous towards the Italian culture he adopted the hand position as Vertical.
Sabbath at the time were in league with Black Widow who were also a Satanic Rock band from the Midlands, however achieved little fame compared to Ozzy and Dio due to the overwhelming Satanic acts of their shows and the lack of investment provided to them by the same manager managing Sabbath.
It wasnt until Slayer came along that the "Horns" got turned around so the back of the hand faced the band and the typical Metalhead Horn signs we see today.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by f3rm1N

OK, I get Bush, his daughter, the pope, Ronnie James Dio, and the rest of those evil NWO leaders. But you have gone too far. I will not stand idley by and let you besmirch the good name of Spider Man. Prepare to defend yourself.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
haha network dude ^.^

I also had forgotten that I had also seen in connection with his hand gesture in the movie a horned rams head symbol embeded on some of the MNU vehicles I cannot find the exact one that I am mentioning which is more detailed therefore with this I am eliminating any future comments torwards it not being exactly that because the one snapshot I was able to quickly find shows the ram logo on the helicopter but in black and not detailed. I will continue looking for the detailed one for I know it's there! I saw it.. but right now I must unload a truck!

I am telling you I will tear this movie apart...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Are you referring to the sign of the beast hand thing? When im drunk I do that for photos without thinking. Does that mean I worship the dark one?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Even if those signs were put in there with a meaning, what makes you think that it's not just a candy for the fans? I mean, this movie had a huge marketing campaign, a beautifull website and built itself around many communities (including this one) with debates and expectation.

This detail actually reminds me the crashing UFO at the end of Cloverfield.

What makes you think that those "signs" (that I don't agree are intentional) are there intentionaly and with what meaning do you think they have? Contact all NWO members? Don't they have better ways to do that instead of using a movie...?

[edit on 8/9/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well I am still not able to find the snapshot but I did find another of the same jeep showing the horned ram detailed on the vehicle which I think adds to how I think the horned ram hand gesture is intentional

Btw amazing post Nasdack24k very true and exactly the attitude and knowledge I was hoping would enter the thread.

Tifosi, candy for who? just me? cause I seem to be the only idiot that noticed these things in the film ^.^

[edit on 8-9-2009 by f3rm1N]
edit to add an even better picture of the horned ram logo. Someone stated in a previous post that this belongs in the secret society section, I didn't notice while posting, I am sorry, It would be great if it can be moved.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Maybe your only seeing things you WANT to see and misinterpreting them. 1. The Horn sign is a Italian tradition, not NWO (NWO is triangular fingers.)

2. the film isnt directed by Jackson, its another guy whose name escapes me, but the movie is just a "experiment" in CGI effects for his upcoming HALO movie. the plot was based from "Alive in Joburg" and is simply a experimental movie. If they wanted to use REAL illuminati/NWO symbols theyd have based a plotline similar to Knowing or Angels & Demons, not Aliens running round Africa as Refugee's.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by f3rm1N

No offense,(Natureboy) but I am hoping to target people that are alittle more informed with the subject therefore if you do not have anything of value to add to this thread, please move on. (looking forward to continuing this discussion)

You aren't jelous that i got all the stars are you? lol.

Actually i DO know what i'm talking about on this issue, but whatever adhom some more and forget to talk about the points i raise, i'll remind you of it then add another....

1 - Out of millions upon millions of frams of hand guestures all possible hand guestures will appear, thus CHERRY PICKING (wiki that falasy if you don't know of it) is very easy.

and now, number 2. HE ISN'T EVEN DOING THE HORNS!!!!!!!!!! Take a look again at your image, notice that the two middle fingers are both slightly in view? The angle of the camera is hiding part of them yes it does look like the horns a little from this angle, however if you stood infrount of him it would look as if he was waving with his fingers pretty much together - the HORNS which you are so scared of infact has the two middle finger touching the palm of the hand.

3 (just for good mesure) - my hand is quiet relaxed with the outer two fingers slightly higher than other others, it doesn't feel odd or require effort at all - maybe it's because it's my two breaking fingers? perhapse this dude is a motorcycleist like me? who knows, humans are all different - some poeple have made some muscles / joints / bones work slightly differently than others thus claiming that you don't naturally fall into this position when waving doesn't mean that he or i wont.

4 (for luck) - This man is an actor, paid to perform before a camera which is then put through post-production & edited into the film.... Who told him to do the horns? who made sure the angle was right and that cut was used? If this is a message or a warning or code or anything like that then it must have been put in, what sort of secret gang goes around telling actors all about the secret plans? We must assume then that either everyone who makes such a sign is in the gang OR the people are going around forcing people to flash it at certain moments but no one has ever been like 'lol wut? why? crazy! I'm gonna spread the news of this crazy shinanagans!' - this highly secret and nonsence plan would have been blown wide open long, long ago if they were so open that any old actor in a b-rate blockbuster could join.

5 (bonus adhom) - I think that you are either wilfully trying to prove this to further your own agenda (whatever it may be) or you have a serious problem with logical comprehension - i would suggest you find a copy of 'argumentation and effective reasoning' (same place as the movie
) and spend some time here - en.wikipedia.org... - it's actually a rather informative read.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by NatureBoy]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'd would just suggest that you go away ^.^ I thought I asked you to move on? i'm not interested in what you have to say since your first post :-)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I use that gesture as a means to smite and/or simply acknowledge those i feel are devillish, not as a way to prove alliance to "dark" forces. it's like holding up a mirror to medusa. i also believe our hands are naturally easily capable of making that hand gesture. pinky and index separate by two fingers, in between the two feet of man may stand with guardian walls on either side. just made up some occult bull#, see how easy it is? lol.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by thaknobodi]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think he all wants us to agree with him, so yes, the guy in the movie is doing the Devil Horns because the Illuminati control everything and the Aliens in the film are Satanic Beings who (like in Spielbergs Close Encounters) have captives onboard who just happen to be Anton LaVey and A.Crowley.
I think I also saw a Satanic Bible, Necronomicon and Malleus Maleficarum book on the bookshelf in the film aswell and maybe everyone is a Aries because of the Ram Sign on all the Helicopters and Jeeps.
It must mean Jackson is a Satanic Illuminati and the NWO is coming to get us soon because District 9 said so

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Worst.
Thread.
Ever.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think you both have some serious issues, the one guy for the way he approached the thread and you, for your childis mockary...

How about we get some actual responses so we can have a decent conversation and ignore the sheep, no matter how loud they "bahh" hell, if you're watching the thread you might as well talk about the subject in a decent manner.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
your not going to get a dcent conversation because anyone who gives you FACTUAL replies about what your misinterpreting in the movie (or think your seeing) your automatically trolling them down. Either accept that people might have answers or if you already think you know what you want to hear, then dont bother asking for any opinion at all.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by f3rm1N
I think you both have some serious issues, the one guy for the way he approached the thread and you, for your childis mockary...

How about we get some actual responses so we can have a decent conversation and ignore the sheep, no matter how loud they "bahh" hell, if you're watching the thread you might as well talk about the subject in a decent manner.

There is nothing to discuss in this thread because it is complete and utter nonsense!! You pulled 1 random screen shot from something, and expect us to drool over it like you just found the secrets to Satanism in Hollywood! Seriously man, get over it, this thread is garbage.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
When I was an altar boy I used the devil horns under the patten as I held it under peoples' chins to catch the crumbs of the communion wafers. I hope I am not going to hell, but I thought it was funny at the time.

I will have to catch the movie when it arrives at my local library on DVD.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
your not going to get a dcent conversation because anyone who gives you FACTUAL replies about what your misinterpreting in the movie (or think your seeing) your automatically trolling them down. Either accept that people might have answers or if you already think you know what you want to hear, then dont bother asking for any opinion at all.

Quoted For Truth

2nd line

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So you all are suggesting I should have not posted this at all?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by f3rm1N
So you all are suggesting I should have not posted this at all?

Yes, absolutely.
It is a waste of server space and bandwidth.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by PokeyJoe]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Good to know for future reference, I should have known seeing as how most of the information that gets attention here is stolen from another source, I didn't realize finding your own s**t was condemed so dearly by such immature ways, goes to show, eh? well theres goes my idea of mentioning how the parkour game Mirror's Edge mentions the whole "Swine Flue" thing in their "Eye News repor" because it would most likely be as insignificant as possibly seeing two illuminatus symbols in a film. You can all just move along to your ever so busy lives of searching for forums and informing people which things need to be discussed and which are meerly plain stupid. I will clearly not ever make the mistake of trying to bring something to sight here again...I can asure you.. I wouldn't want to hurt your egos, I get this strange feeling that the thread would have gone much better if it would have started something like this "LoL loOK @ this ">picture

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join