It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

District 9 (Something we missed)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm sorry to have to touch such an old subject as district 9 since it has been a while since we discussed the movie, but having seen all most of the posts in regards to the movie I couldn't help but to want to share this glimps I had noticed at the theater while enjoying the movie. While I had noticed this the day the movie came out and wanted to share it as soon as possible that was not an option since without having access to the movie I couldn't have confirmed nor shown what I had seen so I decided to wait untill I would be able to obtain an ok quality publicly available version of the film (lol) to be able to take a snapshot and show my fellow ATS members what I had noticed. The old district 9 posts seem to have died down so I appoligies for creating a new thread but we all have a tendency to look at new threads and ignore the old ones so I am looking forward to reading some very nice opinions and thoughts on this image in regards to the movie and how it might connect with certain points of interest we might have, discuss ^.6

>.< Excuss my stupidity, I just figured after prowling these forums and dealing with the type of informaion that we do, that most would not require a pointer >.<

[edit on 8-9-2009 by f3rm1N]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at of interest here other than a random screen of the movie? What is it you find of interest that you'd like to discuss?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
this better not be another 'THE HORNS' thread or i'm gonna cry.

It's just a random position his hand is in, if you were to make up a sign such as the thumb beng hidden behind the palm of the hand for example then search for it fraim by fraim in a large enough stack of videos you would of course find hundreds of examples as well.

Small choice of positions for the fingers to take + lots and lots of hand movemts = all possible positions of hands are made lots of times.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Is it the hands? isn't that sign meant to be the sign of the devil or something?
i don't think there's anything wrong with it to be honest

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by f3rm1N

you may want to edit out the part where you say you got a pirated version of the movie...

just sayin'...

(hint, hint)

and yes, please do elaborate on what exactly we're supposed to be looking at!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ok first.. your stretching, second the subject of your interest has nothing to do with this forum it should be in secret societies forum. Just saying.
btw.. this is not interesting in the slightest.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
OMG!

He has a time machine on his wrist!

This movie must be a documentary from the future!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well just to begin with small steps, here we go. The scene consist of Wikus Van De Merwe (Sharlto Copley) signaling what appeares to be the MNU armored vehicle of his presence and to "wait", Now when one must take notice the hand position that is being made (you can go ahead and replicate it at your chair in the air for a quick second) you will notice two things, the first is that nor in a relaxed gesture nor in an attempt to signal someone of your presence does your hand naturally fall into such a position (your ring and middle fingers do not weight more then the others) secondly if trying to signal someone to "wait" or "halt" one would most likely agree that a forced hand sign of such nature would not look as it does in the picture nor would a majority of people create such a hand sign if asked to signal someone of their presence.

No offense,(Natureboy) but I am hoping to target people that are alittle more informed with the subject therefore if you do not have anything of value to add to this thread, please move on. (looking forward to continuing this discussion)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hellooo... it pretty obvious he worships SATAN! (deep laugh)

Seriously dude, whats the big issue?? He is showing a sign...WOW

I understand that it is not natural, although it could be pure coincidence, anyone else notice it??

[edit on 8-9-2009 by halfmanhalfamazing]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Yeah, between an open admission of illegal activity, and zero commentary regarding the supposed "points of interest" f3rm1N sees in this image...

there's not much here to discuss.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think the thing we're missing here, is the point of this thread... which seems not to have one.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Without seeing the rest of the video in screent shot progression, it's just a boring coincidence like many others like these. He might also have an old injury like a once broken index finger. People assume the devil would be this obvious. What about gang signs? Are they possessed too.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
What the op is trying to point out is the fact that, that is the same hand signal TPTB use. Hilary,bill, bush and many others. Not sure if its big deal or not im just saying...

PEACE!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

The problem with that is that the "horns" sign has the middle and ring fingers curled to the point of almost touching the palm. The image shown has these two fingers extended, not curled. Sure, they're a bit lower than the index and pinky, but they're not curled to the point of making the sign you're referring to. This is easily seen because you can clearly see the tip of the ring finger in the picture.

[edit on 9/8/09 by redmage]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

True, it just seemed like nobody understood what the op was trying to point out...

PEACE!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Very well put Lichter Daraus, Alas it seems people that are alittle more informed seem to be seeping in. For those that still require alittle more a push towards the subject a quick google search provided a very nice and simple site with a collection of what I am trying to point out, www.mankindandtruth.com...

For those that suggested no importance to such a gesture and said that such was the product of random hand movement, What do these images have in common? and what does it mean? and for those who know, there seems to have been an increase of such signs more towards the people who provide our "entertainment" and such as music artists such as jay-z, eminem, britney, madonna, etc.. etc.. also in movies as for example the status quo, would anyone have an input towards the particular theme of the movie and the connection to this "gesture" towards if it might hold a meaning? seeing as how we now know tptb are involved in it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
No wonder conspiracy theorists get a bad name these days

Firstly the 'devil horns' are actually from italian, roman-catholic tradition. The inventor of their use in the metal scene was Ronnie James Dio, who attributes it to his grandmother who used it to ward off the evil eye (an italian catholic superstition). IT HAS NO SATANIC MEANING.

I believe that is what you are getting at anyways

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The goat's horns is a NWO hand sign.
I think the OP is making the connection between this film/its creators and the NWO.
Not surprising, since Peter Jackson is under heavy suspicion as being illuminatus.

It has been shown time and again how these NWO-affiliated filmmakers insert symbolism into their films.

This could totally be a coincidence, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone did some more analysis on the film and found some more symbols/signs.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
OMG are you serious? This is a devil horns thread? I swear if this is true I'm going to make ominous magical gestures in your general direction.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by f3rm1N

Had a look at your link and it looks like many of those are people who had their pic taken while waving and the camera just happened to catch their hand it that position. Just to see if it was possible, I waved at myself, lol. I'm a girl and have a girly wave and yep, my hand does that and if someone were to snap a pic, it would be possible that I would appear to be making that sign with my hands myself and I do not worship satan, nor am I TPTB. I see what you're trying to say, but I don't think the source you gave is a very reliable one.

I'm not bashing you though. You have a very good eye apparently, as I probably wouldn't have even noticed that in the movie. I haven't seen it, but if I had, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have popped out at me. At least you're on your toes!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join