It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Swamp Gas' on Mars? - The Green Fog

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

Nice idea. Does the Canon us an SD card? SO, how do the images stored on the card get back here to Earth?

Oh, and how well does the Canon do when taking pictures from, oh...about 60 kilometers away from the subject? 20X zoom take care of that?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Well seeing the Mars Rover according to Nasa is roving on the ground on Mars I think a point and shoot camera would take much more accurate pictures than Nasa provide.

But in saying so we only have what Nasa provide and they showed us Green Gas! Undeniably so one may say

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

OH...was thinking of the orbiters.

Actually, the Rover pics are guide good, especially the near distance shots.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

how do the images stored on the card get back here to Earth?

They could travel by many means depending on what the truth is

-Snail Mail

-Radio waves

- Or this:

These ‘top secret’ documents containing the ‘mathematical language’, so carelessly and no doubt accidentally discarded in a wastepaper bin, were obviously the communications of advanced scientific minds, passing on highly-advanced spaceship technology information otherwise unavailable to Earth space scientists back in the early 1970s and officially still is for that matter.there.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

OH...was thinking of the orbiters.

Actually, the Rover pics are guide good, especially the near distance shots.

Yes I agree as they clearly showed an Anomaly

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somamech
But in saying so we only have what Nasa provide and they showed us Green Gas! Undeniably so one may say
The cameras show something, saying that it's gas it's just assuming something without real evidences.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The cameras show something, saying that it's gas it's just assuming something without real evidences.

Why are you nitpicking?
(let me guess, you are just trying to protect the innocent minds and stifle discussion.)

Regardless, along with gas this cloud has been described as maybe being composed dust or mist.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Why are you nitpicking?
Probably by the same reason you are nitpicking with my answers, because I can.

(let me guess, you are just trying to protect the innocent minds and stifle discussion.)
Wrong guess, I don't want to protect anyone's minds, and much less stifle discussion. In fact, I don't see how stating something like that in answer to another post can be considered as stifling discussion, isn't it better to show that one option is not the only one when that is the real situation and there are possible causes that can be discussed?

Regardless, along with gas this cloud has been described as maybe being composed dust or mist.
See, if even you say that this has been described as dust or mist, what's wrong in pointing that we should not treat it as definitely being something when we do not have any real evidence of it?

PS: why do you keep on implying that I have some hidden motive behind my posts? What are your reasons for that, protect the innocent minds and stifle discussion?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
My first post here, hello everyone.

Just a quickie for now: Why does the surface of Mars resemble a dried up sea bottom? What caused ROCK to dissolve into SAND?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The green swamp gas is probaly from someone dune-bugging in New Mexico.

I am going to build a rover, I need a couple of hundred million, i will send you photos of (insert planet name here) :

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

Hello Jonas86, welcome.

Your question about the surface of Mars where the Rovers are?? Well, maybe this will help answer that:

Primary among the mission's scientific goals is to search for and characterize a wide range of rocks and soils that hold clues to past water activity on Mars. The spacecraft are targeted to sites on opposite sides of Mars that appear to have been affected by liquid water in the past. The landing sites are at Gusev Crater, a possible former lake in a giant impact crater, and Meridiani Planum, where mineral deposits (hematite) suggest Mars had a wet past.

marsrover.nasa.gov...

Much as the deserts here on Earth are likely ancient seabeds, or areas where there was once a lot of water.

Also, Mars still does have erosive forces at work.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainAmerica2012

You have a Spaceship yet ?

If not we got some of that Electric Propulsion in OZ

plasma.newcastle.edu.au...

Overview

* Objective
o Design, develop and test a new generation of electric propulsion concepts for station keeping and deep space interplanetary applications.
o Create more adaptive and efficient space transport engines
* Applications
o Geostationary satellite station keeping
o Interplanetary missions
o Manned planetfall missions

Status Mid 2006

* HDLT
o Being taken up by other research groups internationally. ESA interested in further tests. Funded by internal ANU, with a full time PhD.
* DS4G
o Commercial negotiations in progress.

I reckon the Buggy cost's could be reduced heavily just by watching Mad Max 2

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There was a reason I posted the link in my previous post relevant to this thread which given the nature of ATS certain little things are missed

Does anyone know the source of this pic ?

Fig: C02 band depth on Mars (2003)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fdc75e00bcc3.jpg[/atsimg]

From here:

plasma.newcastle.edu.au...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You are quite quick Phage and I must say thanks as the Anglo Australian Observatory should be expecting an email from me anytime soon regarding planetary images in this solar system

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

www.phys.unsw.edu.au...

I have to ask why you didn't star me as you obviously didn't know about that

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Know about what? That spectrographic analysis has been done with ground based telescopes? I did know that.

Just what is it you think this paper is about and how does it relate to the topic?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Know about what? That spectrographic analysis has been done with ground based telescopes? I did know that.

Just what is it you think this paper is about and how does it relate to the topic?

My lovely little Dumpling! Care to explain how C02 is NOT relevant to this topic ?

I already posted that commercial contracts are out in the wild regarding Manned missions to planets far and wide and at much lower cost than the old Nasa dog can muster

You still owe me a Star Mofo

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well you quickly searched my links and posted a "Fluffy Answer"

I'm sure many people would like to see the outcome of Electric Engines propelling the General Public to Mars

Can you expand further on your blatant denial of any life in this solar system other than Earth ?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yes methane is colourless and thats why when yo fart you don`t have green fog because that only happens in cartoons.Maybe it`s an illusion or camera trick from mars
im no expert at this though.But great thread and it seems interesting.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join