It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic 101 - A guide for amateur spellcasters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hello, and welcome to my thread.

In this thread, I will try to give you a rough idea of what different kinds of magics are like, in hope of guiding you choose your way.

NOTE: WHEN CASTING A SPELL, ALWAYS SAY "WITH HARM TO NONE" AT END OF YOUR "PRAYER".

WHITE MAGIC

White magic is one of the most known and practiced kind of magic because of it's simplicity, and it's low risks.

White magic spells are generally simple spells such as: improved luck, money gains, etc.

BLACK MAGIC

Black magic is also one of the most known and practiced kind of magic, because of it's results, and more complex spells.

Black magic spells are more complex then white magic, and often tend to have some consequences following the results.

(Not recommended for beginners)

GREEN MAGIC

Green magic is the magic of nature.

It is less known, and less practiced then most kinds of magic because, in my opinion, people lack of interest for nature.

It's spells uses a LOT of natural objects, found in gardens/forest, so it's generally easy to use.

(Easy of use)

RED MAGIC

Red magic, as you could of guessed, is the magic of love....

It's spells are a bit more complicated then white magic's spells, but can hal of the time be done with household objects.

It isn't a common magic, mainly because you can cast some love spells with other, more known forms of magic.

(Easy of use, use when desperated)

NECROMANCY

Necromancy! Yup, the art of communicating with the dead.

Necromancy is very mysterious form of magic, sometimes results are jawdropping, sometimes creepy, but never regretted.

It's spells often use mirrors and water for it's reflection, and a lot of candles.

(Not recommended for beginners, must know some basics.)

Again, those aren't ALL froms of magics, as there are more, but it's a bit of info about some of the most known, and should help you figure out where to start.

Also, READ THE NOTE JUST BEFORE WHITE MAGIC!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A magician was working on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. The audience would be different each week, so the magician allowed himself to do the same tricks over and over again.

There was only one problem: The captain's parrot saw the shows every week and began to understand what the magician did in every trick. Once he understood that, he started shouting in the middle of the show:

"Look, it's not the same hat!"

"Look, he's hiding the flowers under the table!"

"Hey, why are all the cards the Ace of Spades?"

The magician was furious but couldn't do anything, it was the captain's parrot after all.

One day the ship had an accident and sunk. The magician found himself on a piece of wood, in the middle of the ocean, and of course the parrot was by his side. They stared at each other with hate, but did not utter a word. This went on for several days.

After a week the parrot finally said: "Okay, I give up. What'd you do with the boat?"

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Deep Thoughts

Had a girlfriend in college who was a practicing witch. Seeax Wiccan (I'm sure the spelling's wrong). She was hot! And did some spells. Dunno if they ever worked. But it was interesting.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

pics or didn't happen

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

I don't have pics.Got some scars that I had to explain to my wife though.

Does that count?

-sorry, hard to type when I'm crying from laughing so hard-

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Can the OP preform said magic? can you video tape this? i would like to see it.

personally i dont believe in magic, please prove me wrong, make a video i wanna see some magic

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Lol, the form of magic I practice can't really be filmed, it's not magic tricks, it's spells....

If I hate someone, I'd do something to put in his house, then everything he will attempt will fail...it's thing like that....not tricks with cards and stuff lol...can't really be filmed, hope you understand.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I thought (mind you, I'm not into this) that dark magic was a no-no. Dark magic could come back at you. That's the real danger.

Maybe I was wrong?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

It's very true, but I gave this exemple because it was the easiest for someone to understand.

Black magic ain't a no-no though, it has more risks, but if you do "Low-level" spells there's little risks....the higher, riskier it gets.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
When do you get to the part where you bring up Crowley, the Rosicrucians, Hermetic wisdom, and the natural law by which magic works?

Or is that in Magic 102?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
One of my cousins in Greece was getting married back in '97 when I was there.

She received a nice... floral arrangement at her doorstep from an old acquaintance from high school who was known to dabble in the black or possibly green? magic.

Anyway... my aunt didnt allow it into the house.

She had a neighbour come and take it away to be burned.

I found it odd at the time that she would go to those extreme measures to protect her daughter from this sort of influence/assumed magic at her wedding party...

Obviously she believed in it.

Where would you class casting the Evil Eye on someone OP? Black or White magic?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Lol, this is just a little guide of different forms of magics, and what they are used for.

This ain't an indepth guide about how magic works, and lots of things, just a little guide...

Also, I do believe that magic has something to do with the Power of Will.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GioTheGreek

I think that just by the name "Evil Eye" you can "classify" it by yourself lol.

(Black....)

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I didn't mean to appear glib, I sorry if I seemed to be making light of the subject. I was just curious how far will this go? I thought the notion of sympathetic or will-based magic wouldn't lend itself to such classification. Sort of more like, black and white. If you know what I mean.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Well, I understand what you mean, and I agree with you.

Some forms of magics like Necromancy can't really be Will-based...

But some others, like white magic or black magic as you said, have some will power in them I believe.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Yeah good point... too much sun today lol

I wonder if you can cast someone into a good mood?

Would that be called a Happy Magic?

Or would it just be me telling a joke?... cause if that's the case...

I am the alltime cheezy Wizard of Happy Magic.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deep Thoughts
reply to post by Maxmars

But some others, like white magic or black magic as you said, have some will power in them I believe.

Magick is NOT REAL. That is a FACT. Deny ignorance, seriously. You are an adult, act like one.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maj35t1cI2

Originally posted by Deep Thoughts
reply to post by Maxmars

Magick is NOT REAL. That is a FACT. Deny ignorance, seriously. You are an adult, act like one.

First of all, what tells you I am an adult? You don't know me, THAT is a FACT.

Look, I don't believe in ChemTrails, do I go on their thread to spam about how I don't think it's real? No.

So please, don't come on my thread to hate on me.

"You are an adult, act like one."

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Spells not real? I think the Wiccans who have successfully used it for centuries could tell you differently.

Most spells are indeed will based, so what actually defeats the spell casting for most people is doubt since TPTB have slammed in the mindset that any kind of magick is BS and not real.

Once you finally realize you've been lied to all this time and shake off the doubt, and understand that magick IS real, then you'll find spells working for you more often.
I used to be skeptical too but no more

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Genus

You're right, well I think you are since nobody knows the truth...or do we?

Anyway, that's what started interesting me in magic....Wicca and african shamans and thins like these, also necromancy, which is crazy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join