It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic 101 - A guide for amateur spellcasters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Is there a Book of spells you are using or something? Or just cast a spell and say with no harm to none?

Reaveal us your secret spell book

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Deep Thoughts

With all respect, I am not writing this to discredit your or anyone else's opinions. I am merely putting forth my own opinion. First, (IMO) there is no black or white (nor any other colour) magick. There is only single force, and it is unknowable. There are both physical and psychological aspects of this force which impatient consider to be magick. There is no magick in the sense of supernatural as there is no supernatural. Even God, if there's one, is perfectly natural. But there are powers beyond our comprehension, but do not call it supernatural or you are misleading yourself.

Do not take this short comment as an attack against your beliefs. After all, there is no need of insulting in me, neither there should be reason for getting hurt if you are certain about your claims.

It is just that (having tried to discover the "magick" for about three decades), it is bit disturbing to see people glorifying this "force" into somekind of supernatural. I'd like to see people talking with clear expressions, not some mental conceptions that leads people to think incorrectly. But again, who am I to say what to think?? It might just be that I am feeling like this because I failed to discover the "fantasy magick", casting fireballs through fingertips and so on

I am not even sure why I typed all this, and I almost felt like deleting it, but I might as well post this.

I am not denying magick - I am merely pointing out that there is alternative interpretation for magick. Not necessarily those "quaranteed effect" spells, but more delicate, psychological type. Remember, before you try to discover external magick, you need to discover the internal one. That is basically told in phrase: "Know yourself, and you will know universe and it's gods.".

But to deny all I written above, I state that I don't know anything and I might just reconsider my "views" once someone walks through the wall and says "hi!" to me

Take care, really!

-v

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I wonder? what type of magic is it, when you can see through someone else's eye.....

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Anyone can do "magic". if you want money... think about making money. if you want to have a new love in your life... think about having a new love in your life.

it is all about practicing controlling your thoughts and focusing on whatever it is you want. theory of relativity, the secret, magic.. its all the same.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
Anyone can do "magic". if you want money... think about making money. if you want to have a new love in your life... think about having a new love in your life.

it is all about practicing controlling your thoughts and focusing on whatever it is you want. theory of relativity, the secret, magic.. its all the same.

I agree with the first part of your post, read what I replied to another member earlier: "But some others, like white magic or black magic as you said, have some will power in them I believe. "

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by blumoon
I wonder? what type of magic is it, when you can see through someone else's eye.....

Humm, I don't know lol, I don't even know if it is possible.

Would you mind explaining?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JFletcher
Is there a Book of spells you are using or something? Or just cast a spell and say with no harm to none?

Reaveal us your secret spell book

No, I do not use any spellbooks, I generally find some on the internet from other people, try some interesting ones, sometimes they don't work, sometimes it's freaky...

Main reason I do not use spellbooks is beacause out of 250 spells, only couple ones may interest me...On internet I can find what I want.

But I always say the "With harm to none" thing...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deep Thoughts

Originally posted by calihan_12

I agree with the first part of your post, read what I replied to another member earlier: "But some others, like white magic or black magic as you said, have some will power in them I believe. "

It is the traditional cabbala, which is psychology dressed in another form. And wanting money is almost always "black magick" as you guys like to say, because - and if - the desire for money flows from the greed.

About black magick, I said there is none. Nonetheless, there are "black-" and "white magickians" and those of colours...

This all can be explained scientifically, when the science is mature enough to have such equipment which is capable of measuring these phenomenons. Now we just have to do with the theories, like relativity, attraction and electromagnetism.

Originally posted by blumoon

It isn't any kind of magick, it might just be hallucination. If not, then it is your consciousness travelling in the aether and getting tagged into antoher persons perceptionary organs. If you wonder the colour of magick - oh don't believe me, find out by yourself - it is up to the purpose that you are using teh trick for.

-v

[edit on 9-9-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I think magick exists, but it's not like what we're conditioned to consider magick, where someone pulls a white rabbit out of a hat or something. I think we do it all the time. Really good lawyers do it. I ran into a lawyer who described how he got pulled over by a cop. He uttered some verbal sorcery (legalese), laying down a protective spell, and the cop let him go. Doctors do necromancy. Psychiatrists can hypnotize. Etc, etc. Those are what I consider real magick. Not that abracabra hocus pocus stuff,

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Deep Thoughts

and how is that with harm to none? honestly, I think I'm jinxed or someone hexed me...could you undo something like that?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Great topic! Magic definitely exists, and to me magic means manipulating energy in order to achieve something, or move towards something. It is basically the principal you read about in 'The secret', but real magic performed is more powerful and easier to personalize.
I believe magic in itself is neither white nor black, but the person working with it, is actually the one who colours it and this is all about intention.
I disagree with the person who said money spells are always black magic because they are about greed, but that is crap. Black magic is evil, it is meant to do damage, to hurt, or to harm. And black magic is like a time bomb, because casting that kind of spells is most likely to backfire and blow up in your own face.
Magic is in your mind, and tools will help us channel and focus the energy we work with, of increase it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Peronally, I find this a fascinating subject. What I have read so far just makes me want to know more. Can anyone on this thread who has successfully cast any kind of spell at all in the past let us know about it and what happened? I'd be really interested to hear.

I'm just kind of trying to understand what you mean by magic - do things like love spells actually exist? And what about those spells you see on TV for manipulating weather, etc?

What can you actually achieve with spells and magic? (Sorry if that seems like a daft question - I'm just trying to understand what you mean by 'practical' magic).

John.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maj35t1cI2

Magick is NOT REAL. That is a FACT. Deny ignorance, seriously. You are an adult, act like one.

Says the person with an angel in their icon.

Do a dark spell , something kind of evil and see if stuff starts happening in your house. You'll see a difference within that first day trust me.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknessFollows
I disagree with the person who said money spells are always black magic because they are about greed, but that is crap. Black magic is evil, it is meant to do damage, to hurt, or to harm. And black magic is like a time bomb, because casting that kind of spells is most likely to backfire and blow up in your own face.

I did say always, didn't I? Well, that was a mistake and you caught me! Thank you for that, for now I get a chance to put my opinion straight in the eyes of others

Feel free to disagree. But if you think it carefully, you find out that wanting money is exactly those things you listed in your statement. Or where you think that money comes from? Thin air? No, it comes from somebody's hide, propably ill-earned and so on. Money in itself isn't of course anyway bad - greed is. If you use "magick" to get money that really really need, like to pay your rent or money to necessary food, then it may not be act of black magickian. But if the lust for money aroses from the the greed, not necessity - then, its black.

Respectfully,

-v

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I really don't see how wanting money can be considered to harm, hurt, or damage. I think it is selfish and greedy, and shallow, but even though these motivations are negative, they are by no means evil, nor are they intentionally meant to harm, hurt of damage others.
I think magic should not be used to satisfy ones greed and egotistical needs, but everybody decides that for him or herself. I agree with you that when somebody is in desperate need of money, for a very ill relative for example, then the motivations are the right ones. As I see it, there are basically two major intentions when it comes to magic.

First of all, the self magic, meaning that this kind of magic is about you, it is ego-centered. This includes spells for luck, money, love, that kind of stuff. Binding spells can fit into this category as well.
Then, there is the outgoing magic, in which the spells are not about you, but they are directed to somebody else. This category can be both white and black. Curses fit in this category, but alsof healing spells. Mind you, this is my own interpretation of magic.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by DarknessFollows]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Does anyone here have personal experience of casting spells, or seeing someone else do so? I'd be really interested to hear some stories.

John

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
yes, I have. I've been practicing magic on occasion for the last 10 years. I'm sure there are more here.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknessFollows
yes, I have. I've been practicing magic on occasion for the last 10 years. I'm sure there are more here.

If we define magick to something that you cannot exactly explain by reasoning and science, then I guess I join that club. Done and seen few things that I don't have explanation for.

How one defines magick anyhow? Firearms were surely magickal to the natives of New Zealand when Capt. Cook shot their leader. To them, it was unexplainable.

Is it something unexplainable to us? Does it stop to be magick once we can explain exactly how it works, and with what princibles? Will it then become science or another mundane phenomenon?

I personally don't know what magick is, I guess I don't even regonize that word no longer.

But I am sure that many here knows what magick is: It is pentagrams, candles, tricky sentences with fancy language, certain names like Babhomet, Gabriel and so on. I think thats not magick. That is nonesense to me. But I don't deny it's subjective usefulness - if it floats your boat, the go on, cast some spells.

-v

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

im laughing for that being too hard to believe,

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Although I am not practicing magick, my understanding of the flow of energies tells me it is just as natural as anything else around. My understanding is still in its young age though

I had a wiccan doing it for me once just to see how these things work. Well, it worked. Nothing more, nothing less. Can't be proven offcourse as things happen to people all the time, so to be able to really measure the effects of it, one needs to be more active and try it out over a longer period

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join