It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama won, get over it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I have a tidbit for ya.

It does not matter who won the election. It never does.
Each puppet serves a higher authority and by that I do not mean god, mohamed, alah, the buddah or whomever.

I could write a 1000 page essay on the matter but that would be a waste of time since thousands have done the research already.

Your young , supposedly; so take that pickle out and do a little research without being biased. Hard to do perhaps but so necessary in this day and age of spoon fed opinion.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by muggl3z
Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul.

According to popular belief, he couldn't have done anything about it either, so voting for him is the same as voting for McCain or Obama. According to popular belief.

To the OP, I don't like this. You might benefit from remembering how it "helped" you when you were told "George Bush won, get over it." People have passionate feelings about the presidency and the direction our country is headed. It's only natural for them to want to talk about it. Just my thoughts.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Dissent is a factual event and one that is healthy in a true republic. Hatred is an INTERPRETATION of events....You see dissent and you assume hatred of BO.......Not the case for the majority of the dissenting Americans, we do not "hate" BO, we simply dissent and disagree with the direction he is taking the Country. That direction is not where the Founders wanted it to go....

And, please do not use the, "but what about what Bush did" argument....Bush is gone, he did enough damage......NOTHING that BO is doing is FIXING any of that!! Isn't that what "hope and change" was supposed to be about?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Who carried a gun to see Obama? Where are you getting this?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

Do you live in America? If so, why? It does not sound to me like you think very much of it and have no hope for its future so I truly hope you live elsewhere.

I am an American, born and raised.

I live here because it is my only home, I don't like a lot of what has been happening to this country, not just now, but what has been going on throughout my life and began long before my birth.

I do have hope for the future, unfortunately I must place all of my hope on largely apathetic and ignorant fellow citizens.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Get over it?

Nah....laughing at Obama and his supporters has been a blast!

It's been 32 years since America elected a liberal President, it's actually healthy because some people don't remember the disaster of Carter. And I'm sure 30 years after Obama another liberal will eventually be elected.

Americans, unfortunately, are not very good at history.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

its on cnn

just sayin

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

true that, like gwb granpappy

not like it maters, the fed runs the usa get use to it.. meet the fed hit search and read.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Are you talking about the Phoenix guy? He was two blocks away. At a church parking lot. Police were there. He did nothing wrong.

-sheesh-

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's only 3 years until the next election...

When should we start caring about what is happening?

3 weeks before when we have a choice between a _____ and a ______-yet again?

This is exactly what they need in order to keep establishing puppet presidents, no one to pay attention until the last minute when a good speech giver can be put in front of us with little or no time to see through or evaluate the lies.

This is a GREAT time for discussion because maybe given enough time to argue we will ALL wake up and see the only answer is a 3rd party president.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
I may be somewhat young and can only remember back to Reagan but I think that is enough presidents to see the big picture. Lots of people disliked Clinton, Bush Sr. Reagan, and I am sure more in the past. Where was all this outrage? Illegal wars, trillions of dollars missing, oral sex in the Oval office, more illegal wars, senelity, dimentia, illegal wars, abuse of power, trampling of the constitution, and on and on and on. I still never saw this level of anger and hatred. One man shot at Reagan because he was crazy. Where were all the gun toters in the past town halls? Where were all the pastors praying for the presidents death? Where were all the people filing lawsuits about and illegal president or denying millitary orders due to dislike for the president? Where was all this anger then? Texas, I am looking at you.

This is a democracy and we vote for a new president every four years. You will all get another chance in 2012. You can vote for some other evil conniving liar. It seems to me that this is how our country works and if you do not like it, you should leave instead of whining and protesting and carrying guns and speaking of Hitler and on and on. I know everyone says it has nothing to do with race so....what is the issue here really?

I apologize, as my confusion came for the all over rant, it was hard to find the point.

Now that I've read it again, I've come to the conclusion that you're upset because people are protesting and whining while your guy is in office.

I agree. Past presidents were conniving liars. And so is our current president. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be taking up where Bush left off on a handful of practices.

And beyond the nuts and crackpots that carry guns or wish or pray for a man's death, people genuinely trusted or wanted to trust Obama. When he let them down, people aren't just mad, they're irate.

Fooled by another politician, one that promised hope and change, only to take office and remain, well, the same.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You mean the black guy that brought the gun, and CNN said he was a white protestor, and just showed the gun and not the guy?

FOX News had a field day with that one!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What does it matter that the man carrying the gun was black?

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Lillydale]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by orderedchaos
I apologize, as my confusion came for the all over rant, it was hard to find the point.

Now that I've read it again, I've come to the conclusion that you're upset because people are protesting and whining while your guy is in office.

Loaded guns. Actively preaching to pray for his death. Should I type more slowly so you actually get it?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

You mean the black guy that brought the gun, and CNN said he was a white protestor, and just showed the gun and not the guy?

FOX News had a field day with that one!

Aside from the fact that his color does not matter, how about the white guy I saw giving an interview about how stupid it would be to carry a gun that was NOT loaded.-

Earlier, MSNBC’s Ron Allen reported that cameras filmed a protester with a handgun strapped to his leg the meeting before Obama arrived. The man was seen carrying a sign saying “It’s time to water the tree of liberty.”
source

What do you suppose he meant by that? What message was he trying to send exactly? What message was received?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but the person who created this thread is just..well...ridiculous. Does he not read the papers?

He profresses his love for America and for the sanctity of fair elections. As an America lover, he must then respect the right of our citizens to protest. And yet, when people do protest--people of all political parties and religions---over say, the health care bill, Obama and his cronies call us America haters and evil mongers. Really? Because last time I checked, it was within my right to protest my Government. In fact, that IS what makes this nation great. But according to Obama, using our voices somehow makes us evil.

"Obama is trying to deliver the boldest social democratic manifesto ever issued by a U.S. president. In American politics, you can't get more left than that speech and still be on the playing field.

Obama unveiled his plans for a grand makeover of the American system, enacting measure after measure that greatly enlarged state power, government spending and national debt. Not surprisingly, these measures resulted in skepticism that burst into tea-party town-halls.

Obama is losing his magic. He's become ordinary. The spell is broken. He's regressed to the mean, tellingly expressed in poll numbers hovering at 50 percent. "

Check out Charles Krauthammer's article in the WSJ.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

One guy brings a gun to a church parking lot two blocks away, and you panic?

One nutjob preacher (I haven't even looked that one up) prays for his death, and you panic?

Get over it youngster!

If you were a Bush supporter, you'd have a stroke already over the hate filled rhetoric that went on during his presidency.

But he wasn't your preseident, was he? So that makes it ok?

link   
reply to post by warrenb

I have a tidbit for you. Like I already said, if you do not like the way this country works, you should leave it or work through the proper channels to make change. Believing the president is merely a puppet qualifies. Do you like that? Do you live here? Are you doing something about it?

link   

This is a democracy and we vote for a new president every four years. You will all get another chance in 2012. You can vote for some other evil conniving liar.

This time around we may not get another chance in 2012. Despite all the media reports we are actually in a worse depression than in 1933. In 1933 we had the work ethic, education AND the raw materials to pull us out of the Federal Reserve created crash. This time our country has already been sold off to the highest bidder and people are only now waking up to that fact. By 2002 over 70% of our GNP was foreign owned. Our ports, toll roads, bridges and Water Authorities have been sold to foreign investors.

Our education sucks. According to William Schmidt, a statistics professor at Michigan State University, "by 12th-grade, we're at the bottom of the heap, outperforming only two countries, Cyprus and South Africa." In 2000, 28 percent of all freshmen entering a degree-granting institution required remedial coursework. Surveys of corporations consistently find that businesses are focused outside • the U.S. to recruit necessary talent.

When Obama was elected the unemployment was between 3-4%. He promised change. We got it all right, now Unemployment is 16.4% In stead of fixing the major problems here in the USA. like the Federal Reserve and the World Trade Agreement, Congress is focused on pushing through legislation like the "Food Safety bill" that is designed by the multinational corporations to bankrupt independent farms, Cap and trade designed to make our energy costs sky rocket, a health care bill that tax payers can not afford and wars that are unpopular.

This country is bankrupt and Obama and Conress are ignoring it except for the bill to disarm the US citizens on the docket and lists of normal Americans as "home grown terrorists"

Paul Craig Roberts former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury said "I am amazed that the US government, in the midst of the worst financial crises ever, is content for short-selling to drive down the asset prices that the government is trying to support....The bald fact is that the combination of ignorance, negligence, and ideology that permitted the crisis to happen still prevails and is blocking any remedy. Either the people in power in Washington and the financial community are total dimwits or they are manipulating an opportunity to redistribute wealth from taxpayers, equity owners and pension funds to the financial sector. " www.countercurrents.org...

Do the liberals really want a world with starving peasants and a wealthy Aristocracy because that is where we are headed. This is what we get if the central banks declare the USA bankrupt

Structural Adjustment Policies are economic policies which countries must follow in order to qualify for new World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) loans and help them make debt repayments on the older debts owed to commercial banks, governments and the World Bank. Although SAPs are designed for individual countries but have common guiding principles and features which include export-led growth; privatisation and liberalisation; and the efficiency of the free market.

SAPs often result in deep cuts in programmes like education, health and social care...

By devaluing the currency and simultaneously removing price controls, the immediate effect of a SAP is.. that riots are a frequent result. www.whirledbank.org...

This is the newest World Trade Organization plan to rape the USA and other countries.

Up for grabs at the negotiating table is worldwide privatization and deregulation of public energy and water utilities, postal services, higher education and state alcohol distribution controls; a new right for foreign firms to obtain U.S. Small Business Administration loans; elimination of a list of specific U.S. state laws about land use, professional licensing and consumer protections, and extreme deregulation of private-sector service industries such as insurance, banking, mutual funds and securities. www.commondreams.org...

[edit on 7-9-2009 by crimvelvet]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

Democracy:

A government of the masses.

Authority derived through mass meeting or any other form of "direct" expression.

Results in mobocracy.

Attitude toward property is comunistic-negating property rights.

Attitude toward law is that the will of the majority shall regulate. whether it be based upon deliberation or governed by passion, prejudice, and impulse, without restraint or regard to consequences.

Results in demagogism license, agitation, discontent, anarchy.

Democracy is the "direct" rule of the people and has been repeatedly tried without success.

A certain Professor Alexander Fraser Tytler, nearly two centuries ago, had this to say about Democracy: " A Democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of Government. It can only exist until the voters discover they can vote themselves largess out of public treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that Democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy, always to be followed by a Dictatorship."

A democracy is majority rule and is destructive of liberty because there is no law to prevent the majority from trampling on individual rights. Whatever the majority says goes! A lynch mob is an example of pure democracy in action. There is only one dissenting vote, and that is cast by the person at the end of the rope.

Republic:

Authority is derived through the election by the people of public officials best fitted to represent them.

Attitude toward property is respect for laws and individual rights, and a sensible economic procedure.

Attitude toward law is the administration of justice in accord with fixed principles and established evidence, with a strict regard to consequences.

A greater number of citizens and extent of territory may be brought within its compass.

Avoids the dangerous extreme of either tyranny or mobocracy. Results in statesmanship, liberty, reason, justice, contentment, and progress.

Is the "standard form" of government throughout the world.

A republic is a form of government under a constitution which provides for the election of:

an executive and

a legislative body, who working together in a representative capacity, have all the power of appointment, all power of legislation all power to raise revenue and appropriate expenditures, and are required to create

a judiciary to pass upon the justice and legality of their governmental acts and to recognize certain inherent individual rights.

Take away any one or more of those four elements and you are drifting into autocracy. Add one or more to those four elements and you are drifting into democracy.

Our Constitutional fathers, familiar with the strength and weakness of both autocracy and democracy, with fixed principles definitely in mind, defined a representative republican form of government. They "made a very marked distinction between a republic and a democracy and said repeatedly and emphatically that they had founded a republic."

A republic is a government of law under a Constitution. The Constitution holds the government in check and prevents the majority (acting through their government) from violating the rights of the individual. Under this system of government a lynch mob is illegal. The suspected criminal cannot be denied his right to a fair trial even if a majority of the citizenry demands otherwise.

I think I prefer the Republic. But hey, that's just me.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by kommunist]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join