It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversations in Dreams

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hi

Ive recently noticed I seem to be actually having conversations with others in my dreams. What does this mean?

I am not very good at remembering my dreams, and often they are just that dreams with unknown meanings and if Im lucky they become lucid. However even in lucid dreams I dont ever actually look at another person and have a conversation, and it is conversations I fully remember the next day

Sometimes I know who the people are I am speaking to but mostly I dont know them. Ive asked one person and they have no memory of "speaking to me" in this way. Is this just my imagination, am I just dreaming or am I actually having conversations with other people/things?

This morning got even weirder, I actually heard a voice wisper into my ear. It was a strange conversation about the horse power in cars engines...something Im not really interested in at all to be honest. Then the voice wispered the name of someone a member of my family knew many years ago (who is still alive).

Mostly these conversations in the dream state are not frightening but the odd one is pretty freaky to be honest.

Is this a known thing to happen?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by Mr Green

I would say that is rather typical of dreams, but others would disagree.

Anything and everything can take place in a dream.

As far as it being real conversations...it's possible but in this scenario I don't think it's happening.

I don't know what your sleeping habits are but I have a few suggestions. Wash your hands before going to bed, if possible lay north to south, do not watch tv or listen to the radio 1 hour prior to sleeping, and if possible sleep on your left side - this should help in remembering your dreams.

Also, it takes time but you can condition yourself through mantras and meditation to wake up after each dream. This helps tremendously when keeping a dream diary. People tend to have 3-5 dreams per night but only 1 of those is usually remembered - that 1 being the last. If you wake up in between dreams, then each one is your last. Also this helps in discerning one dream from another. Often times people will misinterpret a dream because it contains sequences from previous dreams.

Once you can really remember your dreams and are certain no outside interference has manipulated them, it will be much easier to decide whether these are real telepathic dreams or just "normal" dreams(although they are anything but normal).

Often times I have had conversations in my dreams only to awake and realize 'my conversation' was actually the conversation on the television.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The whispering when you wake up or fall asleep has a lot to do with the third eye. Sometimes it's directed at you, but often it just feels like eavesdropping, when you overhear a conversation.

If you hear your name getting whispered then it's probably your guides.
I have had that happen a lot, to wake me up while i was running late for work.
Kinda handy.

It's their way of getting noticed. They want your attention, and for a good reason.

Conversations in dreams are real. When you dream you are AP-ing without knowing it, and so is the other you are speaking with. Dreams have the tendency to not be remembered so your conversation partner might not remember the conversation.

Hope i helped a little.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

A recent conversation was with a group of maybe 6 men. they all wore black puffa jackets and I had a conversation with one of them. He said aahh ...( my name) finally we get to meet you. He asked me what I did and that hed heard I do this that and the other. I did not know him or trust him so I said oh I do this and that. he then asked me for information on my meditations/protection techniques . I didnt like how the "conversation" was going so I walked away. he followed me and tryed to ask again but I seemed to be aware and gave him no information. This awarness is definatly a new thing, Ive never dreamt of these conversations before where I actually speak face to face with people.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Do you remember how he looked?
Black/brown hair? white male, a kinda weird mid-atlantic accent maybe?
What do you associate those puffa jackets with?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I would say that is rather typical of dreams, but others would disagree.

Anything and everything can take place in a dream.

As far as it being real conversations...it's possible but in this scenario I don't think it's happening.

I agree that all of the above is posible but why is it something I am becoming aware of only now? Does this mean its always been going on in dreams and ive just not remembered or is it a new development?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Sounds to me much like visitations from 'friends' that happen to me during the OOBE state.......you can have huge conversations with folks via OOBE and they never remember, as its happening on a whole other level. At this other level, you will have friends that are not friends in the physical, but in the etherical. Sometimes our friends are close to us on BOTH levels, and that makes for some very close emotional ties, but you would still not be able to clearly remember what information was shared in the OOBE state......I remember things more on an emotional level, than informational one.

Mr Green this has ALWAYS been going on, but your development of your awareness into the paranormal has deepened enough that it is now leaking into your physical life, and your becoming aware on a new level.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by Mr Green

It's possible that they've always been happening and that either a) you just started remembering them or b) you're becoming aware of them for a reason.

I'm not a subject matter expert when it comes to OTHER peoples dreams. It's difficult to say what/who this could be and why without knowledge of your past/present and things like eating/sleeping habits. You are the only one with enough information to decide whether these are real telepathic communications or not.

A suggestion - next conversation you have try to direct the subject towards the conversation itself. If you are truly conversating through AP it should be apparent you can control the situation. Ask why you are having these conversations and how long they might persist. Basically, post your thread to those that have knowledge of these "conversations" if you get what I mean.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster

Do you remember how he looked?
Black/brown hair? white male, a kinda weird mid-atlantic accent maybe?
What do you associate those puffa jackets with?

He was white, small, thin, black hair almost like a crew cut. Accent didnt stand out but he seemed English. The other men were taller/bigger than him and they all just milled around us as he spoke.

Black puffa jackets...kinda military/group/doormen maybe but only because they all wore the same jacket. The conversation happened outside like an old town hall type building we have in the UK. Many steps up to it with pillars either side of the main door.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Very true, Mr Green is just opening up to it more and more.
One day you'll even recognise some things, and all the weird stuff starts to make sense. It's like a big puzzle with a missing piece.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

maybe a weird question, but did he seem like the youngest of the group?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster

maybe a weird question, but did he seem like the youngest of the group?

oh yes definatly as I remember thinking why is he asking, why have the older ones given him this responsability. Maybe they thought they would intimidate me . I most definatly was aware he was the youngest.

They all wore black trousers as well.

The odd thing about this was that I seemed to have the answers they wanted on a piece of paper but I did not let them read it. Then at the end I actually put this paper into my inner pocket....of a black puffa jacket

I always now try to form no astral attachments and cut any that form on a daily basis. I really hope me wearing a black puffa jacket is not an attachment I formed. I have become suspicious of astral attachments Im afraid for reasons you are probably aware from my other astral threads.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It is good to be cautious. As you become more in tune with the non-physical, you'll get noticed a lot more. Do you know how to "hide" yourself?
I expect you know about protection.

The black puffa jacket is probably a very big clue, since you were wearing one.
In between the army haircuts and the jackets, maybe that is how you see warriors.

The black jackets could stand for that group, maybe they wanted to see if you were one of them, and since you put the note in the same jacket, you probably are.

Ofcourse i am just thinking out loud.

[edit on 6/9/09 by locster]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Sounds to me much like visitations from 'friends' that happen to me during the OOBE state.......you can have huge conversations with folks via OOBE and they never remember, as its happening on a whole other level. At this other level, you will have friends that are not friends in the physical, but in the etherical. Sometimes our friends are close to us on BOTH levels, and that makes for some very close emotional ties, but you would still not be able to clearly remember what information was shared in the OOBE state......I remember things more on an emotional level, than informational one.

Some times I think Id love to be able to do this and be fully aware of it, but then as you say emotional attachments will be formed and from my experience this can end in disaster. Astral attachments should not be done lightly and only with the right sort of people. How can we safe guard ourselves from needy/manipulative attachments...? By becoming more aware I guess, but this linking up in the astral, having conversations and stuff is something I am very wary of .

I remember having a very indepth conversation with a woman just outside a cave. Either I didnt listen to her or I wasnt aware just how important the conversation was because I then walked into the cave (with another woman and a man) and we were quickly surrounded by three massive snakes, the central one being blood red. I sure wish Id been more aware then and not gone in that cave! The cave was very very real as were the snakes and the man was terrified and the other girl got biten.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Good post OP!!

In a dream last week I had a conversation with my parents. They are both dead 7 and 18 years respectivley.

In the dream I was picking them up at the airport as they were coming for holidays and after they came through departures we chatted on the way to the car and then I woke up!!

Real nice but spooky!!

Any suggestions appreciated!!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

It could be you created that moment because you miss them.
It could be them checking up on you, subconsciously letting you know that all is fine.

The awnser you can find within yourself, only you know the true awnser.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I too have been remembering conversations with dream people and what's remarkable is that lately it happens more often and with people I have never met before.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
very interesting.

well I too have been noticing dreams a lot more lately, about a couple weeks ago i had one of the most realistic dreams since i was a child (very real dreams, very often),
but I was walking outside and I felt different, I guess just super confident, I was walking outside telling a close friend (couldn't see their face, but just felt as though I was talking to a close friend) that with my mind I could change things, if I concentrated hard enough I could manipulate objects, so by chance a lady in a white sedan pulls up next to me with a large dent in front passenger corner panel/bumper, quite shaken up she asked me if I could help and she kept asking herself what she was going to do. lol well I said yes I could help and I remember like I was literally there just staring at the damage and picture it fixing it's self and then i watched it correct it's self like it was new....

Not sure what to make of this dream, I have definitely been concentrating on my inner self lately just cause it seems right and yeah that's it. Not sure what to think of it but it felt completely real and as soon as I woke up I could recall almost every detail and was thinking about it all day....

Thanks for sharing Mr Green.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Interesing dream, those puffa jackets. I wish I could add some helpful words, but I am so new at trying to interpret dreams.

I have recently been remembering some very strange dreams, too. I have conversations with all kinds of people. Also, some of my deceased pets have been coming around in dreamtime, that's always a nice surprise to run around with them!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Next time your talking to someone in a dream state or out of body experience give them your email or telephone number and tell them to call or email you. See if that works. If you make contact then be prepared to change your underwear and report back to ATS with a follow up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join