It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a good place to immigrate (europe)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
hello,im interested of finding a good place to immigrate from bulgaria after this winter,what would be the nicest place to live in since i know only english,its no problem to start learning other language once im there,i just need to know that i will survive on my own.
the things i cherish are:
polite people/not like full of rude people getting into fights,etc.
nice salaryes/economical stbilty - to know that with a simple job i can pay my rent and live nice like a normal person.
job openings - to know that there is a place for workers

so what do you guis think? some place in england? scotland? ireland? sweden? nederland? switzerland?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Scotland has a declining population, so im sure you will be welcome there. they are also a fine bunch up there and it has some of the most amazing scenery in the world IMO.

Just lay off the deep fried mars bars

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
GREAT i love scottish people so much,with theyr haggis and nature and pipes and whisky and all,they all must be so cool.however why does the population declines? arent the conditions nice for living? there are modern towns like everywhere right? couse not want to sound stupid but i always imagined liek a beautifull mountain village places,,,thats what they showed in the movies.
is the language learning curve ok?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Scotland has a declining population, so im sure you will be welcome there. they are also a fine bunch up there and it has some of the most amazing scenery in the world IMO.

Just lay off the deep fried mars bars

I was thinking exactly the same, there are some Scottish islands actively looking for immigration, and might even help with relocation costs they are that desperate for people. A lot of these places are so community based that they even enforce their own laws and have complete control over their own economies. If you want to move somewhere whith the old fashioned idea of what a community should be, they are a prime candidate.

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 6-9-2009 by quackers]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You would also be most welcome in Norway

en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps the only country in the world who managed to earn money during this financial crisis. One of the (if not 'the') richest countries in the world, with a huge reserve fund for emergency situations. Please have some googeling fun!

Btw; Norway is quite expensive, but the pay rate makes it kinda OK.

If you need cheap meat, alcohol or whatever, just drive to Sweden like the rest uf us :p

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Come on over to good ole USA. There are still plenty of jobs for industrious, educated and motivated people.
Great and varied cultural experiences. The citizens are mostly OK and not the gun totin, rednecks usually portrayed.

Beautiful landscape, beaches, vibrant cities, quaint villages etc.

We are backward in some respects but that just adds to the American experince.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Ain't that like being in 1938 and recommending someone move to Germany? I'd recommend avoiding the US completely, and the mainland UK for that matter, they are both of the borderline of fascism.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!
thanks guis,allright the islands near scotland sounds great,ill check the site.
and for norway also great,if im lucky i may even have a chance to go to norway october,i just need to find a job to have even more money.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
reply to post by whaaa

Ain't that like being in 1938 and recommending someone move to Germany? I'd recommend avoiding the US completely, and the mainland UK for that matter, they are both of the borderline of fascism.

Perhaps, but I still sense an optimism that positive change could take place. But I agree that by reading the ATS political threads we seem divided; In real life I don't get that feeling.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
i heard alot of bad stuff about usa allready,like no jobs and all the nwo stuff,plus its like canada i need a 1000$ VISA probably a plane ticket again 1000$ and green card? im a BUDGET man,i have only like 400$ right now and when i start a job i hope this month im hoping to reach 1500$ budget by the end of year.
plus with bulgaria being in the EU im not considered immigrant/gypsie,im considered a person seeking better opportunities (;
and for the scotland islands,seems like colonizing america xaax,i dont know if i can take it,mommy still look after me,i dont even know how to clean after my self,still i think ill make an excelent colonizer

but still i need internet,women and some friends (small community)

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Scotland is a good choice if you decide to live outside the cities.

I live in Edinburgh and the weekends are a nightmare. During the week (and during the day) people tend to be pretty balanced and adjusted but come the weekend and suddenly it is like someone flashed a red rag to a bull. War kicks off in certain hot spots in Edinburgh like the Lothian road.

I used to be a bouncer on lothian road before they turned the bull and bush" into a lap dancing venue and it was something to behold many nights. I have seen people stabbed, slashed and bottled for no reason whatsoever. The worst was comforting a young man who had a beer glass smashed into his face and then as he fell he was gouged in his arm like someone had just scooped out ice cream. I stopped that line of work after that as I was becoming desensitized to the level of violence.

The woman are as bullish as the men when they get a drink in them. Ask any policeman or emergency crew man about such hot spots... The lothian road will be right up there as one of the places to avoid over the weekend unless of course you like to live dangerously.

That said the further north you go the friendlier the people get but that is said in the context that you are a tourist and not an immigrant. I have no information as to what life is like as a foreign worker up in the highlands but Edinburgh can be a dangerous city to walk around at at night and especially if you leave central zones around the castle.

Head out to the pubs and residential zones at night and through the week and you will be treated to gangs of youth who are smashed on cheap booze. There is also a serious drug problem and coc aine use is on the rise across Scotland.

Glasgow is a friendly place people will tell you but Glasgow has a deadly gang culture and young people inflict knife wounds on each other a lot and foreigners have been assaulted just because they are not Scottish. The latest assault is always on the news and I would be careful of what people may tell you about Scotland as we love our land and would prefer that the things that make it unsavoury is kept brushed under the carpet.

Example several years ago one of my daughters was assaulted by a gang member and when I remonstrated with him, I was attacked with a knife and had my skull fractured and my nose broken when I removed the knife and punched the person holding it.

The person who broke my nose and fractured my skull was a girl of fourteen years of age who waited until my back was turned before swinging an Irn Bru bottle into my face. They then turned on my like a pack of animals and had I not been able to fight my way out of it I am sure I could have been killed.

Scotland is dangerous, to tell you otherwise would be irresponsible of me and you should look into with great care.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
New Zealand.

That is the only place I will tell you that is a good place.

Sure, close to the oceans, you may get a Tsunami or two, a few earthquakes, but it's worth it.

I suggest you check it out, and citizenship is a breaze.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
sorry to hear that sir, im actualy trying to escape from place like this,here in bulgaria our city isnt that dangerous,but im pretty sensitivy emotional person,im sick of all the rude idiots that are ready insult you and get u in a fight for a very little reason.
i can't take it anymore,even the girls as you talk about,that are ready to insult you and crush your inteligence just couse theyr nasty bi*** ):
so i guess it wont probably be scotland,i need the oposite,a friendly community with good hearted people,not emos and skinheads.
---
is new zealand even in europe? arent the taxes to immigrate there high? how are the conditions,language?
im not afraid of earthquackes,we get them time to time,from turkey,couse were close to turkey,even that i live high up,i dont really care..dont know why.
and zunnami..haha whats the chance XD im pretty optimistic

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

no New Zealand is not in Europe, to tell you the truth, I would never move to Europe, the taxes are very low and the language is english.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I think he was being sarcastic...

I really,really hope so anyways..

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
hmm seems cool i will check it out,but still are the people good hearted?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Have you ever met a Canadian, well New Zealanders are said to be better than us lol And we are pretty friendly folk.

Population: 4 million
Capital: Wellington
Major languages: English, Maori
Major religion: Christianity
Life expectancy: 76 years (men), 81 years (women)
Monetary unit: 1 New Zealand dollar ($NZ) = 100 cents
Main exports: Wool, food and dairy products, wood and paper products
Internet domain: .nz
International dialling code: +64

New Zealand lies in the southern Pacific Ocean, 1600 km east of Australia. It is made up of the North and South Islands and a number of smaller islands, with a total area of 268 000 sq km.
Mountain ranges and hill country dominate NZ's landscape; one of the most striking physical features is the Southern Alps. These, along with fiords glaciers and lakes and the coastal plains of Canterbury and Southland add to the variety of the South Island scenery. In the North Island the volcanic interior contains NZ's largest lake, Lake Taupo, and most of the country's active volcanoes - Ruapehu, Ngauruhoe and Tongariro - Ruapehu erupted as recently as 1995 and 1996. Hot springs, geysers, mud pools also form part of the volcanic system centred around Rotorua.

Polynesians settlers arrived in Aotearoa/New Zealand around the tenth century, and by the twelfth century settlements were scattered over most of the country.

What the Polynesians found was a land much different to the South Pacific tropical isles of Polynesia. Instead they found a land of mountains with a more seasonal climate. There were no large mammals to hunt for food, but there was a large flightless bird called the Moa. The Moa stood up to 15 feet tall and the Maori found it easy prey. By the time Europeans had reached New Zealand the Moa was hunted to extinction.

Abel Janzoon Tasman was the first European explorer to see New Zealand in 1642, but it was Captain James Cook who first set foot on New Zealand soil in 1769.

The first permanent settlers didn't arrive until the 1830's. The Treaty of Waitangi was signed in 1840, giving sovereignty of New Zealand to Britain. The Maori were persuaded to cede vast tracts of land for mere token payments, but soon the Maori realised the true worth of what they had given away. The Maori rose up and attacked the British settlements repeatedly.

Today New Zealand is a relatively peaceful country and the people are extraordinarily friendly and outgoing. One quarter of New Zealand is protected wilderness and much of the country is pollution free.

NZ Facts

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
thanks man sounds pretty awesome,just the place that i was looking for.
i always though its like an exotic country with spices or something xexe XD
i guess ill have to have new zealand in mind
seems like my 400$ would be worth alot in new zealand? or am i wrong?
like theyr standart is low?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I protest , as a good american... I am kinda a rednect , gun tote'n crazy person .
here on the left coast , in the pacific north west corner ... it rains all the time , the tax's are way the heck to high , job't are either with the goverment or you make your own .

you have nut case eco-freaks , animal rights weirdo's , marxist control freaks , and getting a date is imposable unless you like something of a common flavior .

about ever 2 years you get one of the following 1) floods 2)110-120 mile per hour wind for about 1 hour 3)three to four weeks of black ice where you can't stand up 4) totle economic colaps...

its literaly the prettest place on earth.. very green , alot of trees... but it rains all the time , and you go months with out seeing the sky ...

other than that ... smartest people any where , friendly , nicest place on earth .

gangs don't do well here... cuz we shoot back .

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
by the way , new zealand has the best bar tenders on earth.

if you learn to tend bar befor you go , thats the place to learn the true art !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join