It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conversation between Obama and Aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
i can only imagine trying to explain to an alien why we allow the suffering to humanity on this planet.

President Obama - Glk Glk see we dont have the money to cover all humans with insurance.

Alien Glk Glk - money, insurance ?

President Obama - yes you know, currency. Im sure you have a system of currency on your homeworld ?

Alien Glk Glk - we are not familiar with this concept, please explain.

President Obama - we use currency to trade and barter for things that we need and want. It allows us to buy food and medicine. And if we have a lot of currency we can buy luxury items beyond the basic necessities.

Alien Glk Glk - and what happens to a human that doesnt have this currency ?

President Obama - well he will likely be in a prison. he wont own a home and probably will be very unhealthy because he cant afford to buy nutrient rich foods and have medical care.

Alien Glk Glk - why do you pollute your planet and burn this substance called oil ? cant you see its destroying your ecosystem ? We can give you a technology to get energy without damaging the planet.

President Obama - no thanks. you see a technology like that would eliminate millions of jobs. and like i explained before, humans need these jobs to get currency to buy the things they need. Besides we already have this technology, we just dont use it.

Alien Glk Glk - how is it that humans allow this system to exist and not advance beyond such a crude ideology ?

President Obama - Oh thats easy. We control the education system. We simply dont teach humans that there is any possibility of a system without money. We instead teach our humans at a very early age about systems of credit, consumption, and how to get a job.

Alien Glk Glk - we have studied your genome sequence for decades. We can offer you technology to end all diseases.

President Obama - again no thank you. You see 1/6 of our economy relies on managing healthcare of people. a technology that instantly cures all diseases would eliminate millions of jobs. Plus we sorta need people to die because there are just too many humans around.

Alien Glk Glk - what is this prison you spoke of ?

President Obama - a place to hold and punish people who break the laws.

Alien Glk Glk - laws ?

President Obama - a system of rules people follow. we have thousands of laws in place to ensure people act the way we want them too. If someone violates a law we send them to a prison for a certain amount of time. For example if a person steals money we send them to prison to punish them. surely you have laws ?

Alien Glk Glk - we have a few universal laws like dont kill sentient beings but I must admit Im tempted to break that one at the moment. You restrict medicine and food from people. You then put them in prison if they break a law trying to get food and medicine ?

President Obama - yes because honestly we dont want too many people getting food and medicine, this goes back to our population problems. anyway can we get some weapons ? you see some of the other nations and people dont like this currency system so we would like to kill them and put the rest into these prisons.

Alien Glk Glk - give technology to such a savage species ? we offer free energy and technology to end diseases and you ask for weapons instead ? it is time we left.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

That is rather humorous indeed as it is just conceivable that our Government would seek weaponry instead of intelligence, making the world safer, or something that Washington D.C. has none of, compassion.

So, would this conversation fall under Foreign Policy?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b8057c0bf75.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Nice read, but it doesn't have to be Obama saying that. Almost any politician in office right now would act the same way. We need to replace them all.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnoxMSP
Nice read, but it doesn't have to be Obama saying that. Almost any politician in office right now would act the same way. We need to replace them all.

I think there is no use in replacing the little group of people that supposedly represent the people. Don't you realize that this system is just a huge layered scam? The people have to represent themselves.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu

I think there is no use in replacing the little group of people that supposedly represent the people. Don't you realize that this system is just a huge layered scam? The people have to represent themselves.

Well isn't that exactly what I am saying? We need to clean house and have new representatives for every seat in Govt. People not currently involved with politics at all. People with degrees in economics, not law. If people would get out in mass numbers next year at their LOCAL elections we could replace almost everyone but Obama and Biden. My god it would be hilarious.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A shame that Glk Glk did not offer any real way out, just technological toys. Probably these aliens are not advanced enough to understand that what is needed is willing change in social behavior of humanity in general and every individual personaly, technology we have now is enough to reduce suffering and poverty to much more acceptable level.
Glk Glk probably failed because he was looking too much into our genome and too little into how society works and interacts. If he was a human with family and kids in first world and going to loose a job/standard of living/home/good school because money and resources were needed in the third world where someone else and his family/kids would starve to death without this help, then all those tech toys offered would not solve this social problem.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
my point is even if we replace all politians things wont get better.

the system of currency is the problem

the system supresses advancement and stifles humanity.

we waste our resources and talents because of money. we imprison people who lack money. we let people die from disease because of money. we let advanced technologies sit on shelves because they would interfere with the monetary system.

its literally an "alien" concept that we allow such suffering to exist

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
A shame that Glk Glk did not offer any real way out, just technological toys. Probably these aliens are not advanced enough to understand that what is needed is willing change in social behavior of humanity in general and every individual personaly, technology we have now is enough to reduce suffering and poverty to much more acceptable level.
Glk Glk probably failed because he was looking too much into our genome and too little into how society works and interacts. If he was a human with family and kids in first world and going to loose a job/standard of living/home/good school because money and resources were needed in the third world where someone else and his family/kids would starve to death without this help, then all those tech toys offered would not solve this social problem.

thats because in Glk's society technology solves all problems. they use it to share all resources and create abundance.

humanity uses its technology to create artificial scarcity instead. and the few humans with lots of currency hoard those resources rather than share it.

Glk's gift of free unlimited technology would allow for abundance. The humans however turn it down because that interferes with the scarcity system in place.

Even without alien offers of fantastic technologies, humans already supress advancement. Look at the electric car in california. It was too efficient, too clean, didnt break down, didnt need oil changes, and people could charge it for free from solar panels at home.

The currency system is the core problem.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by admriker444]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Well isn't that exactly what I am saying? We need to clean house and have new representatives for every seat in Govt. People not currently involved with politics at all. People with degrees in economics, not law. If people would get out in mass numbers next year at their LOCAL elections we could replace almost everyone but Obama and Biden. My god it would be hilarious.

Its a good idea. But personally I don't think it would work. I think the system is not only corrupt but also extremely persuasive when corrupting and would eventually make the new people in the government change their focus and goals to personal or "higher" objectives.

Change happens gradually though. So I totally dig the idea of changing everyone there. But only because that will show to everyone that the entire system has to change and not only the people who are in power, because peoples power today is a complete illusion.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
iAlien Glk Glk - we have a few universal laws like dont kill sentient beings but I must admit Im tempted to break that one at the moment. You restrict medicine and food from people. You then put them in prison if they break a law trying to get food and medicine!

You rule Alien Glk Glk!

Really fun conversation, i like it. well done

*waves a lighter side to side*

In Glk Glk we trust!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

thats because in Glk's society technology solves all problems. they use it to share all resources and create abundance.

Then Glk has to understand that in our society there would be no abundance, just different levels of scarcity. Money is just a replacement for power. Taking currency away would not change the simple fact that everyone would like more stuff. You have an apple, i want it too. You have a car, i want it too. You have a custom made planet created with free energy, i want it too . And while energy might be free (doubt it though) matter in universe is probably not.
The social approach to greed and power is the problem. You can land solar panels, machine that extracts water from air, grain that can grow in barren land in some third world tribe. And it will still have its chief and "nobility" who would gain from this and it will still have poor people who will gain much less.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

we can grow enough apples to give everyone all they could possibly want. Instead we burn those apples because thats how our economy works. less apples means higher prices. this leads to hoarding.

there are plenty of resources to end poverty and suffering in our time. we could build homes from syntheticc diamonds to last forever.

and if we allow populations to continue to grow, we can colonize other worlds in our own solar system and tap those infinite amounts of resources.

we simply choose not too

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
my point is even if we replace all politians things wont get better.

the system of currency is the problem

the system supresses advancement and stifles humanity.

we waste our resources and talents because of money. we imprison people who lack money. we let people die from disease because of money. we let advanced technologies sit on shelves because they would interfere with the monetary system.

its literally an "alien" concept that we allow such suffering to exist

I also think this way.

Money is the root of most problems.

It's like how the government tries eliminate gangs in the US. They put more police on the street to take the gangsters in jail instead of preventing the people from being gangsters. Instead of having more police of jails they should make sure every child has a good education. I wonder if someone who gets good grades joins gangs.

If you don't want the fruits from the bad tree then don't just eliminate the fruit because that will be an endless job, they will just keep coming back. Eliminate the root and all the problems will be gone.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
sounds like a lost scene from district 9.

star and flag.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

we can grow enough apples to give everyone all they could possibly want. Instead we burn those apples because thats how our economy works

I am glad that we agree on the fact that technology is not a problem, we have adequate technology without Glk. But i still disagree that economy is a source of the problem. We as a society are a source of a problem because economy fits a society, not vice versa. Communists tried to create a new economy forgetting about social/individual needs and preferences and ended up with even more corrupt and oppresive system then what they were trying to "fix" in the beginning.
Mine/yours/ours social behavior is the root of all problems. And it can be changed only when all members of society conciously would accept that change for less greed and power games is needed. Not very likely ,at least in foreseable future if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

It's also quite humorous that so many who post here on political subjects turn their negative focus on Obama as though they were born at the beginning of his presidency and the preceding eight years never occurred.

Where were you during the Bush years?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
OP gave me a good chuckle. Seriously thats what I think this country is coming to. We dont need more jobs we need overall solutions to our problems.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

i agree its not likely to change anytime soon.

the education system teaches only about the system we live in. critical thought about other possibilities isnt entertained. we are taught at an early age to consume. There are lessons that being a good citizen means getting a job and paying taxes.

later on your introduced to military recruiters in high schools. even credit ratings are part of lesson plans.

no thought is encouraged to change the system. only lessons about how to get along with the system. and if your lucky enough to attend an elite ivy-league school, you might even learn to manipulate the system for your benefit.

but the system remains and no thought of something else is allowed. technology that challenges the system is supressed.

i dont pretend to know a better way but its clear the monetary system is cruel and inhumane. we need something else if we are to advance

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm confused! Is this speach real or another one of those "what if" threads?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I could hardly read all the replies to you. I get it.

I am so saddened by the state in which we find ourselves today. We are such a crude species.

We look to our peers for guidance and then realize they are worse than they were in high school.

We look beyond our world hoping there is a being out there with some kind of hope for humanity.

My mother is 76 years old. They live in the boondocks. She wakes up at 3:00 in the morning with a helicopter flying directly over her head. In her
words "I thought it was gonna land on the roof"

She says to me, "I was afraid, I got my .38 and I started to go outside the front door and it took off."

I am afraid for this world. I am especially afraid for us.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join