It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conversation between Obama and Aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

I was right there being pissed off at Bush as well.

Am I Republican? No.

Am I Democrat? No.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1730bba0aba6.jpg[/atsimg]

Believe me, I want to see this sooner than later.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9aaece84618d.jpg[/atsimg]

Political Blame Game Ideology : It's Your Fault

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
my point is even if we replace all politians things wont get better.

the system of currency is the problem

the system supresses advancement and stifles humanity.

we waste our resources and talents because of money. we imprison people who lack money. we let people die from disease because of money. we let advanced technologies sit on shelves because they would interfere with the monetary system.

its literally an "alien" concept that we allow such suffering to exist

The most intelligent post I have seen in my 5-6 months at ATS. Also in your opening post you have managed to express something that I have long wanted to but lacked the skill.

The problem is the monetary system. We monetize everything and there's absolutely no need. We should be using a resource based system. It's insanity, unless your aim is to enslave civilisation.

I am confident that any species intelligent enough to come and visit us would be horrified by how we treat our fellow man. They would think we are evil and unsaveable.

We are brought up to believe that we live in a world of scarcity and hence the need to assign a value (monetary) to everything. This is absolutely not the case. It is the illusion of scarcity that creates the insanity of the supply and demand system. There are enough resources on this planet to house and feed and care for everyone on it with masses to spare.

If we as a civilisation worked together we would easily eliminate disease, hunger, and poverty. We'd no longer need to rape this beautiful miracle of a planet for it's resources as we would be using free energy. There would also be no need for any human to work. It could be a choice. You could choose to be a scientist, a life long learner, an athlete, a hedonist, a doctor, a car designer, a biologist, a musician, an artist, an astronaut. We'd also have no problem in colonising the Moon and Mars because cost would be irrelevant.

And to those that say 'no way that's communism' I say wake up, educate yourself in the crazy world of finance, fractional lending, The Federal Reserve, and Colonial script. We are living under a system that's worse than communism.

S&F

EDIT: To add the Obama reference is a little unfair, it should be: any of the worlds leaders whether they be politicians, the military, despots or oligarchs.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by sharps]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18

It's like how the government tries eliminate gangs in the US. They put more police on the street to take the gangsters in jail instead of preventing the people from being gangsters. Instead of having more police of jails they should make sure every child has a good education. I wonder if someone who gets good grades joins gangs.

This has very little to do with the government and almost everything to do with the communities.

It's an intervention vs. prevention problem.

People in general don't like to fund prevention programs because they take years and years to show actual results and they may or may not work....after waiting years to prove whether they do or not.

Intervention however you can show almost immediate results which people like to see and are much more willing to fund and vote for. This is why the prison systems, law enforcement systems, etc. get lots of funding...they can show immediate results.

If you really want to change the system you have to change the people and that's not likely to happen in our life times...nor our children's, or their children's. People are more concerned with paying their mortgage, getting kids to soccer practice and gossiping to the neighbors than they are about thinking whether a prevention program will work 10 years from now compared to instant results intervention programs can provide.

How do I know this? I have spent a lot of time working in the non-profit world and prevention programs rarely are funded on an extended basis and when funds are available they are put toward intervention programs...it's only in times of great excess that prevention programs are truly funded and that funding is yanked when times get even just a little bit hard.

Such is life...but this really doesn't belong in the UFO/Aliens forum...but the political forum

[edit on 5-9-2009 by 750Aero]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Bush - "You have any space coke?"

Alien Glk Glk - "Space coke?"

Bush - "Heh... You know.. Blow... Booger sugar... Snow... The source for all my wonderful decisions"

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharps

I am confident that any species intelligent enough to come and visit us would be horrified by how we treat our fellow man. They would think we are evil and unsaveable.

Most likely...not true.

I'd be willing to bet pretty much every intelligent society has gone through a similar level of development and they would just see it as humans being at a certain stage of development.

They wouldn't be horrified at all...just watching us go through a natural societal progression...nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
750- I guarantee those at the time it was happening were horrified.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by suigeneris
750- I guarantee those at the time it was happening were horrified.

I disagree.

Most people on this forum have a concept in their heads that an alien species would be a "Perfect" civilization who never went through any of the growing pains we have. They would have never had wars, poverty, racism, hunger, plagues, etc.

Or people have the view that they are now enlightened and moved past that point in their histories and witnessing another species going through the growing process would horrify them.

Why? Have they not seen it for so long they forgot their own history?

The simple basic fact is high level technological advances are most likely the result of wars...which is where we have seen our fastest evolution of technology at every point in history. They would have developed their technologies based on wars and then adapted it to civilian usage as time passed by...which means they were not always peaceful and enlightened.

It's just the way it works.

If people want to say that intelligent life exists elsewhere because there are trillions of star systems out there and if it can evolve here, it can evolve elsewhere....then why would their societies evolve much different than ours?

Just look to the animal kingdom...do they treat each other any differently? The strongest survive, the weak or injured don't. It's the way nature works...however, some people have an idealized view of what an alien culture would be like.

Aliens wouldn't be horrified of anything we do...if they remembered their history, chances are they went through something very similar in their past as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sharps

someone who gets it...

to add to your thoughts,

just imagine how much wasted talent we have under this system. How many potential genious albert einsteins have we lost because they lacked the money to attend college ?

look at all the wasted manpower devoted to literally nothing. advertising, finances, taxes, public relations, civil legal actions, sales, insurance, wall street, banking, consulting, marketing, patents, etc. millions of people working in industries that need not even exist under a resource based system of abundance.

and with our current technology we could eliminate most of the labor intensive jobs. cashiers, ditch diggers, janitorial, farming, you name it. we simply dont eliminate these jobs because we want people working, paying taxes, sending their kids to school, and being dependent on the system.

the majority of people wouldnt have to work. and those that choose to work would be able to do what they pleased.

no more wasted talented architects selling shoes, no more genius engineers building shopping malls, no more potential great math teachers taking up law instead because it pays more.

talented genius individuals benefit us all. so at an early age children would be identified with specials skills and encouraged. each breakthrough benefits us all.

and since we all share resources, building stuff that lasts is ideal. humans can create diamonds now in labs so imagine the homes we could make.

we would identify mental illness at an early age and thus reduce crime and prisons. and since there isnt any money and scare resources most crime goes away anyway. all that resource and manpower devoted to prisons and the legal system can go away. who robs a home when he has his own home ?

it seems so obvious to me that money has got to go

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

I am in complete agreement with you over the currency issue.

I'm curious though, genuinely, what would your ideal alternative be, and how would it work?

Sorry, disregard the above, i've missed some pages and just saw your post above.

[edit on 5/9/2009 by spikey]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by sharps

someone who gets it...

to add to your thoughts,

just imagine how much wasted talent we have under this system. How many potential genious albert einsteins have we lost because they lacked the money to attend college ?

look at all the wasted manpower devoted to literally nothing. advertising, finances, taxes, public relations, civil legal actions, sales, insurance, wall street, banking, consulting, marketing, patents, etc. millions of people working in industries that need not even exist under a resource based system of abundance.

and with our current technology we could eliminate most of the labor intensive jobs. cashiers, ditch diggers, janitorial, farming, you name it. we simply dont eliminate these jobs because we want people working, paying taxes, sending their kids to school, and being dependent on the system.

the majority of people wouldnt have to work. and those that choose to work would be able to do what they pleased.

no more wasted talented architects selling shoes, no more genius engineers building shopping malls, no more potential great math teachers taking up law instead because it pays more.

talented genius individuals benefit us all. so at an early age children would be identified with specials skills and encouraged. each breakthrough benefits us all.

and since we all share resources, building stuff that lasts is ideal. humans can create diamonds now in labs so imagine the homes we could make.

we would identify mental illness at an early age and thus reduce crime and prisons. and since there isnt any money and scare resources most crime goes away anyway. all that resource and manpower devoted to prisons and the legal system can go away. who robs a home when he has his own home ?

This is something that I have believed for a very long time, I am not particularly religious but the Bible has one ststement that sums it up perfectly;
"The love of money is the root of all evil"

I have often said to friends that, supposing time travel was real, and I was given one opportunity to travel to one place at one time, I would choose to go to the place where the person that first thought of money was, and shoot them just before they thought of it! Just think of the possibilities for humanity if we were not saddled with this oppressive yoke of finance, with all of our days consumed with the imperative to earn money to survive.
Unfortnately for humanity, those in power will never allow this dream to become reality, as they hold on to power by sustaining the yoke as much as they can.
Roy.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

someone who gets it...

to add to your thoughts,

just imagine how much wasted talent we have under this system. How many potential genius Albert Einsteins have we lost because they lacked the money to attend college ?

and with our current technology we could eliminate most of the labor intensive jobs. cashiers, ditch diggers, janitorial, farming, you name it. we simply don't eliminate these jobs because we want people working, paying taxes, sending their kids to school, and being dependent on the system.

the majority of people wouldn't have to work. and those that choose to work would be able to do what they pleased.

we would identify mental illness at an early age and thus reduce crime and prisons. and since there isn't any money and scare resources most crime goes away anyway. all that resource and manpower devoted to prisons and the legal system can go away. who robs a home when he has his own home ?

And somebody that doesn't get it

All those kids that don't have the money to go to college? I worked in Non-Profit for a long time and trust me....there is tons of money out there for any youth to go to college. The only thing stopping them is themselves...so all those potential "Albert Einstein's" out there wouldn't be discovered regardless of what resources they had to go to college.

How many of these kids are dropping out of high school? Currently about 25% of students drop out of high school and that's free!!!

The college drop out rate is around 75%....so those that are already there don't make it for a variety of reason and most of the time...money is not the issue...However, being homesick, drinking too much alcohol, drugs, not studying, etc. are the reason. Yea...we are losing lots of Einsteins there

We don't have the resources currently to get ride of most low wage jobs and we definitely are not to the point that people can choose not to work if they don't want to...but still have a home, car, TV, utilities, etc.

Your post is quite laughable actually and shows you don't know where our society is and honestly how far we have to go as a society before that even has a chance to take place.

People don't even want government run health care...what makes you think we are to the point we can have a system where people can choose to work or not? Who is going to pay for them and their living expenses? The Government? Private Industry? LOL

I know I'm not going to pay for somebody to sit back and play with their Wii all day long because they don't feel like working.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

G'day admriker444

As much as I enjoy creative writing & dark humour.....

I hardly see this is a worthy contribution to the aliens & UFO forum.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

I am in complete agreement with you over the currency issue.

I'm curious though, genuinely, what would your ideal alternative be, and how would it work?

Sorry, disregard the above, i've missed some pages and just saw your post above.

[edit on 5/9/2009 by spikey]

simple....

we base our economy on resources, not a piece of paper. we distribute those resources as needed.

town needs a school, build it. town needs a hospital, build it.

getting low on resources, colonize another planet. use the vast asteroid fields between mars and jupiter. the moon is loaded with resources. there are dozens of other moons as well. and this is all within reach.

the idea that we dont have the resources to make us all live like kings is ridiculous. this planet's resources havent even begun to be tapped yet. and dont forget all the resources we can recycle but dont because of money. or the resources we waste on building things that purposely break down

we have landfills overwhelmed with loads of christmas lights that failed after 1 yr. tons and tons of worn out windshield wipers that wore down (we have technology to make windshield wipers last literally forever). lumber thats rotted. diapers, paper plates, cars, tires, wooden furniture, and food waste.

solution - each person gets a home. each town gets a distribution center where we get whatever we need.

did you know that 60% or more of all food for sale at local grocery stores in America end up in the trash ? so who would have a problem letting people just go in and get what they need. and thats in our current system that destroys food crops so abundance doesnt cause prices to drop.

we would probably need only 10% of the population to work to support the whole of humanity. the rest can enjoy and contribute to the arts, music, entertainment, etc. it would be a golden age.

we waste so much effort on undustries that need not exist. we waste resources purposely so the monetary system can function. its totally unnecessary.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
"It is time we left". They dont sound any better than humans to me all this technology and power and they do nothing,i see no difference they are as bad as god if there s one

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

simple....

we base our economy on resources, not a piece of paper. we distribute those resources as needed.

town needs a school, build it. town needs a hospital, build it.

getting low on resources, colonize another planet. use the vast asteroid fields between mars and jupiter. the moon is loaded with resources. there are dozens of other moons as well. and this is all within reach.

the idea that we dont have the resources to make us all live like kings is ridiculous. this planet's resources havent even begun to be tapped yet. and dont forget all the resources we can recycle but dont because of money. or the resources we waste on building things that purposely break down

we have landfills overwhelmed with loads of christmas lights that failed after 1 yr. tons and tons of worn out windshield wipers that wore down (we have technology to make windshield wipers last literally forever). lumber thats rotted. diapers, paper plates, cars, tires, wooden furniture, and food waste.

solution - each person gets a home. each town gets a distribution center where we get whatever we need.

did you know that 60% or more of all food for sale at local grocery stores in America end up in the trash ? so who would have a problem letting people just go in and get what they need. and thats in our current system that destroys food crops so abundance doesnt cause prices to drop.

we would probably need only 10% of the population to work to support the whole of humanity. the rest can enjoy and contribute to the arts, music, entertainment, etc. it would be a golden age.

we waste so much effort on undustries that need not exist. we waste resources purposely so the monetary system can function. its totally unnecessary.

All I can say about this is LOL

Total fantasy world, sounds great on paper, but in reality...doesn't work and never will.

How exactly are we mining the asteroid fields, moons and other planets for resources when we can barely get off our own planet? Who is paying for all of this and who is doing the work to build everybody a house and give them what ever they want?

Yes, resources are wasted...but that doesn't mean we have a surplus to give everybody in the world what they want.

BTW...I want a 4000 sq foot, 6 car garage home with a pool, granite counter tops, imported tile floors and a Ferrari for each garage space
I'd also like a maid every day because I don't want to clean up and there is no way I'm helping others build their house because I'm going to be too busy playing with my Holographic Wii...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
That was a intreasting statement.Any intelligent person can relise that it is fake.It was not even a good fake.I do not know why people make up this crap all the time.There are some answers in the statement that are wrong.Obama would not say things like that and the aliens are more intelligent than that.If i wanted too i could make up a better alien conversation than that.Why do it in the first place.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
We have a winner.

Star and flag for this valuable insight....

Greed will destroy our way of life, the destruction has already begun.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What if aliens know the state we are in right now and choose not to "help" directly, so much as they express "help" in other ways? And they don't "help" perhaps, because they want to see us do it ourselves. It's strictly apathy and comfort that keeps things the way they are and if we can't fix it ourselves, what makes you think someone else is going to want to do it? It's my opinion, that the time is coming to stop talking and start acting. I'm not talking rioting, I'm sayin everyone is going to have to stand up and take to the street and stop everything and reset the "rules" if you will and I mean in the millions, but thats my opinion.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GORGANTHIUM
That was a intreasting statement.Any intelligent person can relise that it is fake.It was not even a good fake.I do not know why people make up this crap all the time.There are some answers in the statement that are wrong.Obama would not say things like that and the aliens are more intelligent than that.If i wanted too i could make up a better alien conversation than that.Why do it in the first place.

wow....

you do realize this was a hypothetical conversation right ?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
[edit on 5-9-2009 by InthekNOwla]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join