It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo over upstate ny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I live in the hudson valley, about 25 minutes from the notorious PineBbush. Its really clear out tonight so i decided to break oui the telescope and look at the moon. i stepped out on my front porch and saw a bright amber light flying up from the distance. i ran inside to get my binoculars and went back out. it had no signal lights on it and i could not hear any type of engine noises whatsoever. it began to slow down and then made a subtle right turn( which would be to my left) and hovered there for a few minutes, the whole time i have in my binoculars. I have seen numerous ufo's before but i haven't seen this before. It had a bright kind of disk on the bottom and a transluscent bubble on the top of it. it began to change it's shape and dimmed. then took off they way it came. i have a witness, random man walking up the street saw it and asked me wat it was because i had binoculars.

Did anybody else in hudson valley ny see anything weird tonight also?

[edit on 4-9-2009 by out there20]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Sounds like you may have got something unusual there

Next time though, when you go to grab your binoculars, make sure you grab your camera too

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I know i wish i had, what's strange about it is, it's like it knew i was walking out the door and would be looking down the street. it really caught my attention, then it hovered so i could see it in the binoculars long enough to make out what it was.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hudson Valley has had it's fair share of UFO sightings over the years.

Here's a great thread about the area and the various sightings:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Definitely keep a camera handy.

[edit on 4/9/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hey Chad, can I ask you a question ?
I look at stars as often as I can, and I see sattelits on an regular basis.
Bu, last friday, when I was out on the balcony smoking, two 'sattelites' appeared just out of the black stary sky, they were real close and tailing eachother.
I mean close, maybe a fingertip between them when I hold my arm stretched out.
They followed eachother in a distance messuring from thumb to index finger when arm is streched out, but, the first one slowly faded out, yet the one right behind it kept on moving in the same direction..

Do you know what this could be ???

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

It's a bit hard to say but satellites can appear and disappear out of thin air so to speak, it all depends on where the sun is.

Also, the two lights could have been the ISS and the shuttle, without checking I think the shuttle is near the station at the moment

A good program I use to track and identify satellites is heavens above, you should find it with a google search.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Since i did get a good view through the binoculars, i went and looked for the shape of the craft r anything simular to it. It looked like the objects that were sighted in gulf breeze florida.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I've seen UFO's since i was twelve years old, my brother and i both have had numerous sightings, a few whie we were together. We are both 25 now so that 13 years of sightings. it's the first time i'v seen this shape.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by ChemBreather

It's a bit hard to say but satellites can appear and disappear out of thin air so to speak, it all depends on where the sun is.

Also, the two lights could have been the ISS and the shuttle, without checking I think the shuttle is near the station at the moment

A good program I use to track and identify satellites is heavens above, you should find it with a google search.

I like NASA's J-Track myself. It's pretty decent and it has multiple real-time settings. Kewl!

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/SeppmTue, 15 Sep 2009 22:01:01 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

top topics

join