It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Nasa Transmissions Confirm ETs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Let's take a look at all the evidence, pro and con... (this will be updated as new information necessitates)

PRO

-- An audio recording where someone says they are watching an alien craft. As per the initial testimony of Donald Ratsch, who brought a recording of this to the public's attention, this may be part of a conversation between Discovery and Houston on STS-29 in 1989.

CON

-- There is no other evidence other than Donald Ratsch's initial testimony to support this as a genuine conversation.

-- Donald Ratsch later recanted his claim this originated with NASA, saying he believed it to be a ham radio operator perpetrating a hoax after here the same "astronaut" on a later mission.

-- This recording was not made from NASA's air-to-ground frequency. The recording comes from a retransmission over the frequency used by the Goddard Amateur Radio Club in Greenbelt, MD. This frequency was open and used by multiple parties.

-- As per the testimony of the Goddard Amateur Radio Club, other ham operators can and do interfere with these retransmissions.

-- As per the testimony of member Ratcals, who listened to a recording of the actual transmission (not a retransmission), there was no mention of aliens or aliens spacecraft at the time this supposed conversation took place.

Addendum:

One member has attempted to explain away the counter-evidence and lack of supporting evidence in terms such as "someone got to the astronaut" and "NASA is untrustworthy". This is known as special pleading, a fallacious argument in which someone defends a claim by introducing special exceptions or reasons to explain contradicting evidence or lack of supporting evidence. New things are added or created as needed to support the claimant's case. Often these special exceptions or reasons are speculation for which the person making them has no evidence for either.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Cmdraleon- You are absolutely correct. NASA may very well have given me 'doctored' files. There are some aspects of NASA I do not trust. However, at some point you have to start trusting someone. The person who digitized these recording seemed genuine. We shared a few friendly email through the process and he never gave me any indication he was being secretive. One email he made it sound as though he was looking forward to the challenge. I chose to trust him. He may have duped me, but sometimes you have to trust someone.

I don't remember exactly what the comm failure was. I was multitasking and was tuned to the specific buzz words alien, orbit, fire, frequency. I will listen to them again next week and update.

On another note. In the past I looked up the other conversations on the recording. Most of them are legitimate. Most, if not all, of the Apollo mission transcripts are already available. The one mentioning a bogey is for real. What they mean by bogey is open to interpretation. I'll check next week for the references for the other claims on the recording if anyone is still interested. Although I suspect like the majority of threads here it will be buried by tomorrow morning.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
If this were true wouldn't that mean that the shuttle would have to be in the same place at the same time the transmissions were heard? Because from what I understand radio operators only have a small window to communicate with shuttles in orbit.

This is a good question and shows you're familiar with spaceflight operational constraints.

In this case, it isn't a problem because the signals were not coming from the shuttle [yeah, I know many internet sites said they were, but they were wrong]. They came from the amateur radio club in Greenbelt, rebroadcasting from the NASA feed, for public reception.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals
...Most, if not all, of the Apollo mission transcripts are already available. The one mentioning a bogey is for real. What they mean by bogey is open to interpretation.

Congrats on the original research, it's a breath of fresh air and should serve as a model and inspiration to others.

I think the only 'bogey' call was from gemini-7, is that the one you're referring to? Certainly it's true it's subject to different interpretations, but I weigh most heavily the interpretation of the man who spoke the words, Frank Borman. He's explained explicitly why he said what he did. His words usually are omitted on UFO website expositions of that event.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals
NASA may very well have given me 'doctored' files. There are some aspects of NASA I do not trust. However, at some point you have to start trusting someone.

Whether or not NASA is trustworthy is beside the point and a red-herring. If Cmdraleon wants to make the claim the audio was doctored, then he needs to prove it. Simple claims that NASA is untrustworthy is not proof. Mere speculation the audio was doctored is not proof either.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Its amazig that some would defend Nasa and look for a reason to do so regarding these transmissions.

I will say it again Nasa can say whatever they wish and have people on the frontlines ready to have answers for the Space Agency.

Don't expect Nasa to ever say that this audio existed and it real .

Again i ask whom is this unknown Ham Operator who could have taken over the transmission to fake this?

No one has even stepped forward and taken claim for a fake transmission.

If the Debunkers can find that person after all these years great .

Until then the audio of these and a few other clips stand as from Nasa transmissions until otherwise anyone person comes forward and say's they were involved in creating fake audio.

Blessings and Peace,
CmdrAleon

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cmdraleon

If you are an alien Cmd, why the hell can't you go up there, record the reaction from the astronauts, and then post it on youtube?

And btw, your video is part of the documentary "UFO Black box Secrets" made by History Channel.

[edit on 10/9/09 by Tifozi]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join