It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Arnold has gone mad.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

california doesnt get hurricanes. we get fires and earthquakes. btw. But i think i'm starting to understand the whole situation here with the "too many people being incarcerated" i shoul'dve realized that the less violent will be released first.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I hope that he releases only minor charges and people that were victim of circumstances. Like there was a lady released recently that is on the last couple of months of her life, and her only crime was killing her husband while she was defending herself from his abuse. She had a daughter in jail who grew up and had her own kids without knowing her mother. The mother was not a public danger. These are the kinds of cases they should review and allow the prisoner a relief. Plus they should review prisoners that have truely changed their ways in jail and wouldn't be a public danger anymore.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Prison should be about rehabilitation thus enabling people to rejoin society.
Instead it chews up people making them worse than before they were jailed. So I support the "Governator" releasing people with minor charges, plus it saves money.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacksespecially if they drive minivans with handicapped plates. they are all potential murderers in disguise if you ask me.

edit: also, why dont old people with prescriptions get pulled over for DUI????

[edit on 9/2/2009 by mahtoosacks]

I'm sure curious why you think handicapped + minivan is a bad thing? I have a friend of the family who drives a minivan because it's the only accessible vehicle for them. Their legs were amputated in a work (construction) accident. They can only use a minivan because they have to get in and out of their wheelchair and into the drivers seat (which, btw, is hand-controlled and probably more safe than any normal car). So again, what about being handicapped and driving a larger vehicle is dangerous? Blanket statements aren't fair.

Also, what makes you think "old people"s prescription is considered intoxication? Have you ever had a prescription? Were you incapable of driving? What makes "old people" any different?

Edit: as for the topic at hand, good idea on Arnold's part. As long as they can get into some sort of work program, I can't see it doing more harm than good.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by acissej]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join