It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you handle the TRUTH? Final Countdown...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jameslewin
reply to post by Melissa101

I am so sick of this religious crap. Truth? The truth is that anyone who beleives this tripe is a weak minded fool. Blah,Blah,Blah......
It is you who cannot handle the truth. THe fact that this planet is the product of random physical and biolgical processes that have absolutely nothing to do with a fictional "god".
What a joke..

You sir are the joke, maybe we'll get lucky and you will randomly get hit by a bus. I'm sure you were around when the universe was formed.
Your arrogance blinds you, and it sickens me.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111
reply to post by SchefSalad

I see no "god haters", just people fed up with the fear spread by religion. Thousands of years of oppression by religion all over the world, and we are finally in an age to fight back yet we are the "cult of hate".

hi gnosis/

If 'fear' is what you think is being spread, and you 'fear NOT', then why are you so defensive?
What are you in fear of and where does it come from?
If God does not exist, then Satan does not either!

And what is the thousand of years of 'oppresion' that you speak of?
If you do not have any fear, then why do you speak of it as if you fear?
The 'Cult of hate' of which you speak,what exactly is it that you hate?

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Alot of jhon prophesies came from isiah. Many people say the bible has been changed many times but there a scroll in caves which had alot of the old testament non changed by time from 200 bc. the whole book of isiah was found in this. isiah is important bc its a prophesie book and it talked about jesus everything he was and will be to being born in bethleham blood of david being born poor being pierced for our transgressions and many other things. isiah also talks about the end of the world...which cooridinates just with jhon prophesie about it. the world aint going to end in 2012 it has many years to last but it is going to end soon. the bible talks about how every1 going to go away from christ even worse then the days way back then. it also saids were going out of way out of knowledge....in other words the self concieded scientists trying to proove the bible wrong but really all they can make is theories that they cannot proove thats right. then disasters will increase which they have

[edit on 9-9-2009 by HelicopT]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Melissa, keep in mind that when these people berate you for being a Christian, they are actually making your case for you. For you see, they are fulfilling end time biblical prophecy as they despise you, what you stand for and believe in. Keep the faith.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The worst thing to ever happen to the message of God is the institutionalized church. It is this church with it's long list of man made rules and ceremonies that turn people against the truth. It is the church of Laodicea. It loves the creature more than the Creator.

Read the third chapter of Second Timothy.

I agree with the opening words of this video. Instead of the Holy Trinity, we worship our own trinity; me, myself, and I. Yet, so many keep taunting, "Where is the sign of His coming." The things of God are foolishness to mankind.

Understand that those who post negatively on this thread are simply fulfilling prophecy.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
In defence of those who disagree with the OP, the title of the thread is quite provocative. It states that these videos represent the truth. Therefore, atheists, theists, religious or the secular are welcome to contribute to the thread. The thread title as well as the location of it pretty much puts it right in front of everyone.

I agree that people who simply believe all these videos are fiction and have nothing productive to add to the thread should simply steer clear and find a thread that does appeal to them. However, some pretty large claims are made in the OP and the Truth concerns all beings, not only those who do follow or believe in a certain religion as being true.

At the end of the day, it is unreasonable and not in the best interests of truth to deny the voice of those who do not agree with you. Argue with facts and be as objective as the situation allows. The weaker option is to resort to labelling them negatively and silencing debate on the issue.

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hmmmm...... I was very doubtful if answering this or not, mostly because i think i can't explain myself as good as i want in english and this area really interests me.

I was into a public catholic school when i was a child. I went to religion class and everything but my parents decided not to give me baptism because they wanted me to choose in what i was going to believe as an adult. That school was the only choice for us...

The more i grew up, the more avid of knowledge i became. And that "truth" that was told to me when i was on the catholic school didn't filled me enough. I started to read, investigate and comprehend the other religions, the other "gods" and different "truths" that surrounded those religions/cults. I believe that "my" God, the one I believe, it's the same God of a muslim, the same of a catholic, the same of a jew, etc. I started to believe in a very big diversity of truths that must be respected and appreciated to get your own, personal one. There's this much truths as persons in the universe (yes, universe, it would be extremely pretentious to pretend we're alone in the universe) and you can learn a lot from them.

Saying "THIS IS THE TRUTH, YOU CAN'T DENY IT!", as OP, it's also pretentious IMHO. Your truth and mine are completely different and maybe they have a lot in common at the same time, but imposing your own beliefs into the people who surrounds you it's wrong. Show your truth, make the other people understand it and take the things they want from it, it's different and absolutely plausible.

I hope you can get the idea

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Caggy

I'm with you Caggy, no one could tell me what the truth is regarding the bible and God, I had to experience it for myself. My faith actually was starting to slip, but I asked God for help to open my eyes. I don't go to church, as it is my personal belief that my temple is already inside me. It was raised in 3 days as a matter of fact.
And yes the title is very controversial, I can see why Mel got so much flak. However some of those remarks by a certain few were childish and uncalled for. Maybe if the title read some thing like 'Pastor gives awesome insight into God stuff, God haters need not reply'.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This guy knew as well as Adolph Hitler did; there is power in how you speak.

I have firm beliefs in the christian religion, but people need to understand, God gave man the power of choice, and many in history have chosen to alter whatever words he has given us. Take what you can from your religions, but ultimately you can only do what you believe to be right.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Question for the OP. You sound like you are a good believer of God. But you seam to believe that the 2012 end of times is going to happen. So what happens if it does not happen. Does that mean you lose faith in God. Many people like you believed before that the end of times was coming on this day or that day and when it doesn't they fall from faith. God is coming no matter what the time is. Yes those predictions by those prophets are great prophets to a degree but Jesus said that no one will expect his coming when he comes. So the question is if your wrong in this belief were does your faith stand??

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Don't worry about what others think. You did your job on spreading God's word. Just keep doing God's will and you will be fine.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Great post and videos - ty

Funny thing? Every person that posts negativity regarding
Jesus Christ is only further fulfilling the very prophecy they
deny.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abbby

"If people are truly turned off by it why do they come to these particular threads ......" ?!? Where in the title of her thread is it obvious that this is a religious message? And it being in the predictions/propecies mystery section doesn't necessarily make it religious either.

Star for you, Abbby. I have to agree. After a lengthy heated discussion on BTS on religion, I though I'd give myself a few days and stick to less "angry" topics so I headed up to ATS. And guess, what?!? Nothing in this title indicated it was religious in nature.

It does get very draining constantly running into religious threads. Christians and "god-haters" (because apparently there's no one in between) will never agree. The same hateful things are said on both sides again and again and some of us just need a little peace.

Seriously, mods, can we have [religious in nature] put in the title of threads like this so some of us can avoid altogether if we wish?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I suggest you find Truth within yourself, dear Melissa, rather than blindly put your faith in these rhetoric speeches ... At least approach them carefully/wisely - I see and feel no love in them... a lot of fear, yes. And life is too beautiful to let it become run by fears, don't you think? It might be more constructive to make positive beliefs become reality, it's always a nice experience

As for your question: I can handle my Truth, thank you

Blessings and lots of consciousness

[edit on 2/10/09 by Movhisattva]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I took a look at this thread because the title caught my eye. When I read the OP I was just going to mosey on along to another post, because quite frankly I don't believe a word of it. I would be happy to discuss my positions on religion with anyone who would like to, but I'm not going to go into it here.

The reason for this reply is because after seeing how rudely the OP was treated by some, I felt the need, as a free-thinking atheist, to come out in support of her. As I said, I have my personal opinions on religion, and Christianity in particular that are not well accepted by the religious faithful, and I am happy that after 1600 years we can finally say that without fear of being executed. That being said, I will defend this lady's right to state her beliefs and opinions just as openly as I state mine. To come here, and try to belittle her opinions for no other than your own self-righteousness makes you no better than those you claim to oppose.

To the OP, I do disagree, but if this is your conviction then please let it be known to any who are interested.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to:MELISSA 101
I love this thread. you know ,that I know ,that you know...
GOD'S words always become reality .
REVELATION has not been diluted , and must come to pass.
We are well into the book , and JESUS is not far away.
Holdfast , Buckle up , you rock !

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join