It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you handle the TRUTH? Final Countdown...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Abbby

You are visiting this thread and saying that people are sick of having religion shoved down their throats. I guess that would make sense if she was sending eveyone on ATS U2U messages and truly shoving it down their throats your comment might make a little sense.If people are truly turned off by it why do they come to these particular threads in droves a soon as they appear?Just seems strange

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

OK on to trying to adequatly answer your questions this guy takes all the signs we are experiencing right now (NWO, alien pandemonia, global warming ect... ect...) and shows where it is prophecied in the Bible. He used to be a non believer before he took the time and some motivation to properly educate himself. Now he is trying to get others to see what is right before their eyes yet do not see. I am not trying to argue or make anyone mad. My intentions are to help people who do not believe because I care and want everyone to have a chance at knowing the truth
well i find that just appauling. let's crucify her.good job Melissa
this is great find.i already snfd you.
if this dosn't spell it out for you. then just move on people.

I just think people are fed up with "the true" religion being shoved down their throats
i been alive 50 yrs. i know crap when i hear it. and this crap is so cleche. shoved down your throat? come on.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by Melissa101

Wow this is like real life. The fight that's happening on this thread points out to me that religion breeds aggression. Wow I posted in 2 threads about religion in 1 night. You guys are starting to contaminate my mind all over again. I will leave before I catch a rage disease from anyone. Best of luck to everyone.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hey Mel,
Nice post, obviously a topic that people are passionate about.
I usually don't enter into conversations of this sort for reasons that I needn't explain to make my point. I just thought you might like to know that there are people here, like me, who DESPITE their opinions on subjects like these, can express themselves objectively.
So, If I may, to satisfy my own curiousity, I'm here to ask:

So what?
I'm not trying to be flippant or rude.
I mean, if it is true that the phenomenon we currently experience have been commented on in the bible and that, therefore, the prognostications had been made (at the time of writing, or at least Constantine's last edit...) How does that prove truth? Or for that matter, how does that provide worth?

Is your argument that we should heed ALL prophesies from the bible based on our ability to determine them after they happen?

I have no problem with people believing in God, prophesy, the bible(s), aliens, whatever... But as a practitioner of reason and an expert in the actuality of "truth" I must resist the temptation to "pick sides" and it seems that is what you post seems to do.

Respectfully,
Brian Taylor

PS. For the record, I believe in God, but I don't pretend to understand God, and therefore, discussion becomes speculation, which while fun and possibly even productive, has nothing to do with Truth.

This may well be the one and only time you see an opinion expressed by me on such an important topic.... Enjoy ATS

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yawn..............

2nd line

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleah
reply to post by Abbby

You are visiting this thread and saying that people are sick of having religion shoved down their throats. I guess that would make sense if she was sending eveyone on ATS U2U messages and truly shoving it down their throats your comment might make a little sense.If people are truly turned off by it why do they come to these particular threads in droves a soon as they appear?Just seems strange

"If people are truly turned off by it why do they come to these particular threads ......" ?!? Where in the title of her thread is it obvious that this is a religious message? And it being in the predictions/propecies mystery section doesn't necessarily make it religious either.
Just to set the record straight, I read this yesterday as soon as it was posted and did go to the video but didn't feel compelled to respond. After seeing today that were some responses I decided to read them....when I read someone being labeled as "God-less", I thought I'd put in my two cents as it didn't seem fair...some people are perfectly happy with their own religon and find it irritating when someone of a different faith claims to be "right"...but it certainly doesn't mean their "God-less".

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

That is a pretty stupid comment,give it a rest

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Abbby

Every one can be happy with their own religion ,belief,whatever..I have seen some really over the top nasty stuff by people basically looking for a fight.I think you get the gist of her thread,if you don't agree that's okay.It is not okay to call people stupid or blind for having that belief and sharing that belief.You would be pretty pissed if it was you getting jumped on

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Do you want to know the truth? Go read Donald Duck.

Peace

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks Randyvs.... It seems everyone knows something big is happening. I mean we would all have to be deaf, blind and mute not to see the world around us changing at lightening speed. But like Jesus stated (Matthew 24:37) Like in the days of Noe so will the end times be, people will eat, drink, and marry right up untill the end thinking that this is all just a bunch of fanatics talking crazy. I hate it, I hate thinking that so many will suffer. Why will they not listen? Why is it so hard to see? How can a book written between 2 to 4 thousand years ago be so dead on yet be laughed at? Nostradamous made some general prediction a few hundred years ago and people are more likely to belive in him before they would believe in Jesus Christ... Every prophecy of the Bible was written before the event occured yet each and every event has come about, and people still deny it. How could a writter who was not highly educated even in his own time (I am referencing most of the writters of the Bible) know the things that are happening know so specificly if it was not information given to him by God? I mean God named the first human Adam? Who new 6000 years ago that the human body was made up of Atoms 7 X 10 to the 27th power to be exact? There are so many things that are so blatenly odviouse it is almost comical yet some of the most educated people of the world are ignorant of the reality. Man I bet Satan is laughing himself silly knowing how he has decieved the masses using elementary logic. If it weren't so real it would be knee slapping funny. I just cannot understand how people do not see? They know it is something BIG but they will believe in Aliens, The Mayan's, Evolution anything but God. Yet all this adversity toward God and Christains and they still deny Satan? If there wa sno Satan then why are Christians singled out? See again odviouse....

[edit spelling]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Melissa
a few points, if i may? you already know you've answered most of your own queStions.i can only see to add, that if it weren't for these people
God would look like a liar.i know niether of us want that. i'm no real bible thumper. but i do know it says to guard your own heart. i believe this passege is speaking of your mind. plainly don't let questions you have,
drive you nuts. be happy for what you do have going on. the rest we pray.
can you see that your actually questioning what God said would be.
GUARD YOUR HEART. he loves you baby! just think if your thread
actually makes a diference for just one. you won't even know it till
way down the road. but it will not be overlooked.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Good point. You are right, God did say this would happen and I would never question that. It just boles me over the hardening of some hearts. I will guard mine. thanks...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor
Hey Mel,
Nice post, obviously a topic that people are passionate about.
I usually don't enter into conversations of this sort for reasons that I needn't explain to make my point. I just thought you might like to know that there are people here, like me, who DESPITE their opinions on subjects like these, can express themselves objectively.
So, If I may, to satisfy my own curiousity, I'm here to ask:

So what?
I'm not trying to be flippant or rude.
I mean, if it is true that the phenomenon we currently experience have been commented on in the bible and that, therefore, the prognostications had been made (at the time of writing, or at least Constantine's last edit...) How does that prove truth? Or for that matter, how does that provide worth?

Is your argument that we should heed ALL prophesies from the bible based on our ability to determine them after they happen?

I have no problem with people believing in God, prophesy, the bible(s), aliens, whatever... But as a practitioner of reason and an expert in the actuality of "truth" I must resist the temptation to "pick sides" and it seems that is what you post seems to do.

Respectfully,
Brian Taylor

PS. For the record, I believe in God, but I don't pretend to understand God, and therefore, discussion becomes speculation, which while fun and possibly even productive, has nothing to do with Truth.

This may well be the one and only time you see an opinion expressed by me on such an important topic.... Enjoy ATS

Brian, That was a mouthful. I used the title to grab attention, most non believers (whom I am trying to attract) are very arogant and will take the title as a challenge thus they will open the thread. I did this in hopes of saving just one non believer. Yes I do take sides, one cannot be a lover of the world and of God at the same time and one cannot stradle the fence. You either believe or you do not, period. I do not pretend to understand God, I do however believe in God, Jesus and the what the Bible tells us. The prophecies of the Bible were all written before the actual events occured, not the other way around. Sometimes however we cannot always understand the prophecies untill the events occur. Jesus stated over 2000 years ago that the temple in Jerusalem would be destroyed and not untill 70 AD did that event occur. Then the Bible states that in the end of days the temple would be rebuilt so fast forward 1939 years and the plans have been set into motion to rebuild the temple. Never before untill the last few years could anyone ever imagine that the temple could be rebuilt, Why, because many of the components that are required to build the temple no longer exsisted it was impossible untill now. How is that a prophecy told after the event occured. The event has yet to occur it is only getting close. This is one of many many examples but I am not trying to right a book here. I do not have an argument, my hope is that everyone would take heed to Bible prophecy but I know that is not reasonable it has been predicted by the Bible that most will not take heed. I hope this answers most of your questions. Melissa101

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Melissa101]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I love you.

Why?

Because I am you, you are me.

We are ONE consciousness.

It is only our perceptions that divides us.

Not our conscious awareness of infinite reality.

Together we are all knowing and powerful.

so stop the infighting !! with this guy has it right or that guy has it right, the only thing they have right is that they are a slave to the illusion like all of us.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by phiktion]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Thanks for posting the link, I ended up watching the whole series of videos posted. It is a rarity to see someone able to speak about the gospel and make people see reality for what it is in such a simple way, if only people would watch it.

I am sure that you know why certain people are unable to press play on a youtube video these days, they are "busy" of course

Let me tell you a true story that happened to me that I think you will appreciate...

Almost 5 years ago now, what appeared to be a homeless stranger approached me on the street and actually asked me by name how I was getting on with lifes challenges. I was in a rush but I decided to stop and have a chat with this man out of curiosity and he never would answer how he knew my name. Cutting a long story short, everyday while on my breaks at work this man would stop to have a chat with me, while I sat on a bench outside, about random things that everyone talks about until we inevitably came to the topic of life and its meanings. This man had been at this bench with me everyday for around 4 months and I finally asked his name and he said to me that it is not important because I already know him.
He then said that he had something very important to tell me, he said "I knew your name from the moment I saw you because you came to me on the hill". I was obviously confused but he said that he would see me again and that I would realise what he meant when I needed too.

I never saw that man ever again at the bench and I only understood what he was saying a few months ago when I approached him on the hill just like it was told I would. Amazing

Theres not long left either.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
ahhh religion.... we would be so much better without it.
I would type up why, but I think this thread really says it all.
Religions are so simplified and intelligence insulting that it inhibits us from thinking for our selves. what TPTB want to happen.

That is why I believe/hope that something major happens in 2012 where this illusion created for us is revealed.... yes we can all feel it, something major going to happen soon, just be patient and wait for the REAL TRUTH to be revealed and not a preacher's OPINION.

"Can I handle the truth?" well hmm I believe you worded that wrong,
you should of said "can you see through the illusion of religion?".
my answer is yes I can, that Is why I closed the window after it said "paster blahblah" speaks.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
God never said anythimg was going to happen
god has never uttered one word in any language
God has never written one word down .
God has done nothing zip it was all MEN read it, MEN said god said it.
MEN said god wrote it
Men said in GODS name i will i being a man .
the bible was written by man.
the virgin mary was voted in as the virgin mary by men chist was voted in as the child of god by man,
God was invented by MAN
Man has done all this and what ever happens will be done by man.

right now give me a dressing down I know is coming

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by terrylm

No dressing down from me....I agree with you.

My problem with the bible as well as other books that major religions follow is the fact that they were all written by men, in my opinion, as a tool to control people. Fear is a powerful tool, and the bible can be scary if taken literally.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Nice avatar sugarmonkey!

Well, this seems like another "christians versus the world" thread. Lol. For the record, I was a practicing evagelical for years, just got tired of the same old crap they sling at church, plus they kinda ask for your money.

Anyway, even if this is true, I dont think being a "christian" will save you from the end of the world. I personally think that God doesnt give a rats-ass on what your religion is, He loves us all. If He is indeed all-knowing and infinitely loving, I dont think a few "affiliations" will be the cause of my damnation.

Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by btyoung21]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you .
Thou shall not steal
Thou shall not kill
Thou shall not bear false witness
He who is with out sin cast the first stone
love thy neighbor as thy self

Just a few of the rules in the bible which seem to have a universal truths among most religions and the basis for most legal systems.

The real problem with religions is not the religion but the leaders who chose to be more of a politician than a Shepard. Many will read this or that is bad and make a huge push to fix that problem yet forget forgiveness. Many christian preachers seem to forget biblical speaking we are all brothers and sisters and should be treated as such.

If this board can entertain threads on Dulce underground base , werewolfs and vampires then you can certainly entertain a thread about a religious point of view of the worlds events and the worlds future with out being to obnoxious about it .

Many will read writings of Nostradamus as if it were all facts which if you have read them they are very obscure Or Edgar Cayce dreams , you can entertain these threads, we entertain all the 2012 Mayan and nibaru . If you read some of these threads trails tribulations awakening ideas of a change in consciousness , a new beginning. Have you ever thought maybe they are all predicting the same thing the Bible is predicting but with a different point of view .

I dont know it all and thats why read think study and read some more and think some more . If you worship the almighty dollar or logic or Buddha or little green men or the forest spirits are your gods fine I am not going to belittle you over it you should extend the same respect to others . Striking out at others for their beliefs is a sign of insecurity in their own beliefs .

I keep my mind open to all possibilities .

In this forum it is dangerous ground to speak your religious beliefs. I applaud the OP for her posting .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join