It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PARA: Possible Events of 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/120d418b08c5.jpg[/pressimg] The date of December 21, 2012 has engrained itself into the culture of today. There are many who believe an event or events will happen around or on this date. These beliefs vary from cataclysmic to biblical but what might happen in 2012? This article will delve into some widely, and not so widely, known possibilities. There are four widely held belief sets of what might happen. These beliefs are summed up as the end of the world, the end of modern civilization, evolution and nothing.

by Virginia "Tentickles" Nicholson

The End of the World

The complete destruction of all life or nearly all life on the planet Earth is considered the end of the world. Here are a few, end of the world, possibilities.

Cosmic Occurrence

NASA defines a solar flare as, “a sudden, rapid, and intense variation in brightness… Radiation is emitted across virtually the entire electromagnetic spectrum, from radio waves at the long wavelength end, through optical emission to x-rays and gamma rays at the short wavelength end.” The sheer destructiveness of this event is described as, “[the] equivalent of millions of 100-megaton hydrogen bombs exploding at the same time!” Such an event from our Sun would destroy the surface of the Earth. The radiation alone would reach miles into the crust of the planet, effectively rendering the Earth a lifeless hunk of rock.

Planet X, Nibiru

Astrologists are on the lookout for large objects headed for the Earth, one of these many objects is named “Planet X” or “Nibiru.” Nibiru is ancient Sumerian that literally means "Planet of the Crossing." It is said that Nibiru will be a rogue planet. A rogue planet is defined as, “an object which has equivalent mass to a planet and is not gravitationally bound to any star, and that therefore moves through space as an independent object.” If an object of this size were to collide with Earth large chunks of the planet will not survive. There is even the possibility that Earth will be knocked off its orbit and become a rogue planet itself.

Super Plague

In the past, microorganisms and viruses have ravaged the planet’s inhabitants killing up to 95% of all animal life. In recent times there have been waves of sickness killing a large amount of life forms, the 1918 Spanish flu and bubonic plague when relating to humans. With the rise of science and microbiology there are fears scientists could create the ultimate plague. These fears come from the ability to take genes from one virus and put it into another creating an entirely new virus. If an angry scientist decides to create this “ultimate plague” it would not be very hard to get it into the population.

Super Volcano

There are 25 Super Volcanoes on the Earth. Super volcanoes are, “substantially larger than any volcano in historic times.” A single super volcano can kill up to 60% of the planet’s life forms. This includes plant life. The most dangerous of these super volcanoes are known as calderas. Calderas are, “cauldron-like volcanic feature usually formed by the collapse of land following a volcanic eruption.” These dangerous formations are so large they can cover half the United States in 4 feet of ash during one eruption. It is thought cosmic stresses on the planet will cause more than one super volcano, or even all of them, to erupt at the same time, killing everything on the surface of the planet.

The End of Modern Civilization

The disruption of the global community, trade and interconnectedness; Extreme regression of modern society to past living conditions and past technology; Regression of persons into “survival mode,” is the many faced definition of the end of modern civilization.

Economic Collapse

There are many ways a complete economic collapse can happen. How society will react to economic collapse is extremely important. Society might not be equipped to handle such an event. It could break down into lawlessness and crime to such a great degree that law keeping bodies cannot contain the violence.

Climate Change

Climate change can be any change in regular weather patterns in a region or the entire planet. Climate changes are occurring all over the world and because of these changes societies around the globe are being affected. What these changes effect can cause civilization to collapse. Right after oxygen, food and water are the most important things to any living organism. If a drought were to destroy a major portion of the crops across the entire Earth, food prices would sky rocket leading to riots and violence. The hungry would be put into “survival mode” where surviving is more important than laws and morals.

Nuclear War

Like a bad 1980s apocalypse movie, a nuclear war can cause the breakdown of society. Nuclear war would destroy most major cities; contaminate the planet with radiation and burn out electronics with their EMP blasts. The survivors of such a war would be left to pick up the pieces and try to survive on a new harsher planet.

Evolution of Humanity

Any event or series of events that result in the betterment of humanity as a whole is evolution of humanity.

Revolution

Some believe that the increasing mistakes of those in power will cause the population of nations to rise up and defend their way of life. Most notably the citizens of the United States have begun to rebel against the policies of the politicians.

Brain Expansion

Humans only use 10% of our brains. Some believe our minds will expand to infinite heights, allowing the populous of the Earth to fix the wrongs of humanity and further science and the arts.

Aliens

Aliens will make first contact publicly and share their technology with humanity, allowing humans to explore the cosmos and fix our wrongs.

Astral Beings

Angels will descend from Heaven to bring humanity into God’s Kingdom.

Nothing

Of course the entire 2012 hype might just be that, hype but the world won’t know until December 2012 if anything of great magnitude will happen.

(Authors Note: Feel free to check out my first 2012 article here: Why Do So Many Believe In 2012?)

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You know what is funny?
No matter what possible catastrophic event could come in 2012 my biggest fear is if nothing happens

Because if nothing happens that means that nothing will stop mankind to keep running to his own destruction and that really really scary

So whatever could happend it should happend
May be our last chance of salvation...

[edit on 1-9-2009 by dominuz]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
more than one of those could maybe occur

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

That's the scary part. The percent these things might occur is tiny, but if you add them all up...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have no idea what will happen if anything. I fear that whether something happens or not that a lot of people will still panic when that day comes around and start rioting and looting thinking its the end. Just think of all they people that will freak out if even some small natural or even man made event happens. As for me I will wait until there is some hard concrete proof that something is going to happen before I start to worry about it.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You know, thinking about all this hype about 2012 and the best and worst case scenerios, I almost have to grin to myself because no matter what happens I get a front row seat. With all the disaster movies for the end of the world scenerios, the fact that I could actually be a part one, I guess one can say its a once in a life time event.

Or for the fact that if nothing happens, we can all look back and chuckle and say that we survived a world wide prophecy that began in the mayan culture.

Sure things could go bad or things can improve or nothing can happen at all. But for the fact that I get to live and witness 2012 and say "yep I was thier during that fateful year" well, I would like to say its a privilage to witness it for better or worse.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Most excellent article! Star & Flag!
Amazing that there are so many scenarios where we get taken out but a few that offer the possibility of evolution for humans.
We need that...
The whole world is operating at one of the two basic levels of emotion.
Love & Fear...Chose love and evolve...

Synth

p.s.- always LOVED your avatar !

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
12.21.12 isn't so much about the end of the world as it is about the beginning of a new world, or a new Mayan calender cycle.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
To me 2012 seems much like y2k, something for people to get upset or excited about, something to let the imagination run wild. Certainly I think there are a lot of strange things going on in our world and even some seriously negative things that need to be contended with. It does seem that there is considerable evidence that we are expanding our reach into new possibilities and ideas as a species. Just watch the history, natgeo or the discovery channel and see how mainstream the ideas that used to be purely considered new age are being taken much more seriously by the mainstream public and the worlds brightest scientific minds. This includes and not limited too, multiple dimensions, the spirit world, the reality of the alien and ufo experience, weather warfare etc etc. I think that's something to be excited about. Just my opinion, 2012 seems like hyped up propaganda. Feels like it too. Headed up to the year 2000 people were saying the same things that people are saying about 2012. Not that anyone is at fault but its just human nature to enjoy the mystique of prophecy. I'm taking a backseat on 2012.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
2012 is one of my favorite subjects and I like to delve into this coming phenomenon whenever I can.

Here's my understanding of the 2012 phenomenon, based on my own research and conversations with people who have studied this phenomenon extensively. This is a highly-condensed nutshell.

So far, we are on track to experience a huge dimensional shift right near the end of 2012 -- Dec 21st, 2012 -- that is said to occur on the photonic / quantum level of reality, shifting our familiar 3-D reality upwards into the next reality that awaits us -- 4-D. The Universe as we know it consists of 8 densities -- this corresponds to the 8 notes in the octaves of music; corresponds to the 7 colors of light, the 8th being white, which includes all colors; corresponds to the first, critical 8 steps of cell mitosis before it goes on with the multiplication of the original 8 cells.

We humans are in the 3rd Density, as well as the 3rd dimension -- there's a difference between the two, but there's not enough space to explain the two. Google this: " 3rd density, 3rd dimension " for more info on this. Each planet in our Universe goes through its own evolvement and progression, like we humans do with our going through 3rd grade to 4th grade for higher learning, so our beloved Earth is about to shift from 3-D to 4-D.

The Law of One series of books makes it very clear that this dimensional shift will happen "as the clock strikes the hour". It is the understanding of the the black ops that there would be a huge "catastrophe" that would happen at the end of 2012, hence they have been feverishly building the D.U.M.B.s in an effort to "survive" the coming changes, but, what they don't understand is that the coming dimensional shift will cause the 3-D reality as we know it to "implode" (quoting the Law of One books) and cease to function; meanwhile, Earth will carry on with a brand-new, born-again surface reality that would be the solidified 4-D reality.

Black op remote viewing participants have reported encountering a "bump" in their travels into our future realities and this bump has been consistently been reported to last about 7 or 8 seconds long. This "bump" is the dimensional shift itself that would flip our familiar 3-D space/time reality into a mirror time/space reality that would be a virtual exact replica of our 3-D space/time reality, but that this would be in the time/space reality, which is where we go when we dream. After the shift, the surface 3-D reality would not have any living humans on the surface; some humans will be allowed to continue to exist in 3-D space/time in their D.U.M.B. structures and they WILL go through "catastrophic" changes that would likely destroy most of the D.U.M.B.s that they will have built. Talk about irony!

The vast majority of 3-D humans will wind up in this mirror time/space 3-D reality and they will be given plenty of time (100 years to 700 years, according to the Law of One books) with which to figure things out, then move on to a new 3-D space/time reality somewhere.

Meanwhile, our Earth will have completed her ascension into 4-D and this reality would be the start of the 14th baktun, according to the Mayan Calendar. There will be several million humans from 3-D Earth who will wind up in this 4-D space/time reality -- who gets to go there totally depends on one's own vibrational field and the criteria is not too hard to reach: one's energy field -- emotions, thoughts and actions -- need to be 51% oriented in service to others; 49% in service to self.

So that means if you care/think about and act to help other people 51% of the time and are a selfish arsehole the rest of the time, you'll make it. At this time, the vast majority of people serve themselves more than they do to serve others, so the vast majority will not likely ascend up into the coming 4-D space/time reality.

2012 is not to be feared -- it is to be embraced. Fill your life with as much LOVE/LIGHT as you can NOW.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
My money is on irrefutable contact with Aliens... All of he major ancient civilisations describe exactly the same beings from the stars, treated as gods. These gods did say they would return when the time was right.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfhammer
My money is on irrefutable contact with Aliens... All of he major ancient civilisations describe exactly the same beings from the stars, treated as gods. These gods did say they would return when the time was right.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Whatever happens, I think we should all be ready. If something supernatural, or something like an astroid hurtleing down to Earth doesn't happen, than we should all expect the people of this world to go mad.
So my advice is, organize and bring together the people you love, go to a safe place, and keep your cool down.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

Will we be separated from the people we love, if so, how.
Will the "demensions" make them invisible, or will they be transported to another place/time?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
theories surrounding 2012, but are these really theories?

This encompasses most of the theories surrounding 2012, but are these really
theories? All except for Planet X and Black Holes, have happened in our history,
be it recorded or scientific research. This is not to try and create mass
hysteria, but this is fact proven many times over, and anyone with the proper
knowledge can attest to this. How 2012 falls in to these cyclic patterns above
in fact is a cycle, or pattern of change. Sometime this is good, and other times
bad. We can only look at out past history, the history of the Earth to formulate
a hypothesis of things to come. The main reason people put the Mayan calendar
with the 2012 theory is simple, and understandable, but no real proof or
breakthroughs have been. Because the Earth has been around for millions of
years, cycles that affect us today are relatively minuscule compared to the big
picture. Ice Ages come and go, this is proven, but what triggers these are still
mysterious to us even today. There are even indication that the planet went into
an Ice Age within a few hours due to a Super Volcano that erupted and clouded
the sky. So in short, there are cycles greater than what you may have come to
understand, or even believe, but again we are just talking about the Earth.
Outside or atmosphere and even our Galaxy, there are many wars being waged
between one Galaxy and another, another cycle

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
What I believe is that if humanity truly knew what the leaders were doing, how they were using and abusing them, keeping them just bright enough to run their machines, but dumbed down, supressing the technology to purify this planet included the nuclear, depleted uranium, the cures for aids and cancer, we would have a revolt world wide for our freedom.

I see the crustal displacement, very possible if a large cme, planetary allignement, or any kind of galactic plane is reached, gravitational plane such as the dark rift, that would enhance and speed up overnight the geomagnetic pole reversal. In addition the Anglo Saxon Project that Bill from Project Camelot talks about on the front page, regarding possible nuclear wars, and bacteriological to greatly reduce the worlds population and within their eugenics plan. We know they've spent trillions on the underground dums, cities, monorails, they're planning for something big, and want to rule the new era, from the west.

What I want to see happen is people realizing enmasse what the leaders are doing and that we have so much technology being withheld that they tackle this head on.

Something also tells me they have used nuclear so many times that their escalation into the War of Contracts, will bring about treaties and non-interference being toppled and action being taken.

They won't be V. Or Project Bluebeam.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

are there any books or sites that you would recommend for people interested in learning more about this? A lot of the things in your post were things that i knew, but i'd love to learn more. thanks!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

Cosmic Occurrence

NASA defines a solar flare as, “a sudden, rapid, and intense variation in brightness… Radiation is emitted across virtually the entire electromagnetic spectrum, from radio waves at the long wavelength end, through optical emission to x-rays and gamma rays at the short wavelength end.” The sheer destructiveness of this event is described as, “[the] equivalent of millions of 100-megaton hydrogen bombs exploding at the same time!” Such an event from our Sun would destroy the surface of the Earth. The radiation alone would reach miles into the crust of the planet, effectively rendering the Earth a lifeless hunk of rock.

(Authors Note: Feel free to check out my first 2012 article here: )

UNTRUE - There is a way to "cheat" to survive a solar flare. This sounds looney, but it is true - you simply have to be where the Sun will not rise. On 21st December 2012, as this is the Winter SOlstice, the Sun will not rise north of the Arctic circle. Furthermore, as rays of te Sun would have to penetrate a "chord" of the earth's surface to reach one above this, it approximates that the number of miles north of the Arctic circle is about the same as the number of miles of rock to put between you and daylight.

Of course one has to reach there and the lead up to a solar flare would knock out avionics, so where could you DRIVE to to be safely north of the Arctic Circle?

This reduces to only a handful of places. The main ones would be Aklavik, Inukvik and Fort MacPherson in Canada. INterestingly enough the Canadian Government has just rush built a road up there for no apparant reason, just like the US is building deep underground bunkers across the USA and the UK is putting valuable national texts from the medieval era down salt mines. Are these clues to what they know?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfhammer
My money is on irrefutable contact with Aliens... All of he major ancient civilisations describe exactly the same beings from the stars, treated as gods.

The ancient Mayan texts giving 2012 have images of burning landscapes on them.

If one does not accept prophecy, then one is left with a prediction, based on science. What would be predictable that long ago? ONly two things, the pattern of the SUN and an asteroid strike.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Things are heating up and could happen way before 2012. Check out the links. And I'm sure there are many others. We'll see.

www.fourwinds10.com... This one says around March 21, 2010.

www.white-knights911.net... This one says maybe this week.

www.paoweb.com...

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Sargoth]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join