It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think that Alex Jones is into something.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
While I'm sure your post title meant "onto" as opposed to "into", I think into is more correct, and that something is my catnip.
While I feel for Ms. Shehans' loss of her son, that in and of itself makes her no more expert in the ways of Washington than any one of us.
This unfortunate woman has been used and manipulated by the MSM for some years now, and now that she is attacking Obama, the MSM is convincingly silent regarding her activities.
Alex Jones, shame on you.
Ms. Sheehan, go home and finally grieve your terrible loss.
OP, petting a straw dog doesn't give you fleas, but it will get you laughed at.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The shame of alex jones is that he is clearly an intelligent guy who has valid and well researched points to make, but he often ruins these points with his irrational rants which undermine his credibility and makes him and the movement he supports look like a bunch of conspiratorial crackpots and its a shame.

He has done alot to bring wide media attention to important issues about society today and the kind of governance we have all over the world. He rightly points out that figureheads such as obama are simply that, they are pretty much puppets on a string for powerful interests such as the banking families who effectively contol the monetary system.

He interviews credible individuals and then steals off on a tangent pursuing his own personal agenda but always lacing his arguments with empirical fact which he thinks brings him back on point. He fails to see that if any of his work is really going to make it into the mainstream and be taken seriously, he needs to present his findings in an impartial and sterile way; perhaps in a peter-joseph-esque style.

i take on board the fact that Peter Joseph's prosaic style does not have the charismatic delivery of Alex, but the ultimate goal here is the presentation of fact to the sleeping masses. And by and large, we are sleeping. We simply allow the powers that be to continue to get tighter grips on societal control and further impinge upon our human rights. We are largely powerless to make a difference, but it is academic politicians such as Ron Paul who has been able to push for transparency on issues such as who got the 1.5 trillion stimulus package. The Fed recently lost the legal fight on lifting the veil but ultimately it remains to be seen as to what effect this will have on the pyramid of latent power in the US.

Alex Jones, for all of his intelligence, and for all of his hard work does seem more interested in commercial aspects and exploiting his audience financially for no tangible gain as far as his movement is concerned. I think we can all agree that the name of the game here is a greater level of respect for society in disclosing the insider info on true government methods and what is behind them. Ron Paul plays the political game, but in the end, he knows that he is a largely lone voice against the establishment. He appreciates that he needs support but he does not look to secure it by flambouyant rants- he sets out the facts for those who want to and are able to comprehend their significance.

Alex needs to perhaps focus his attentions on one area of the disinformation web that is being spun over society and perhaps he may find that he inherits some credibility for his points. We need people like him, but the powers that be ultimately profit from the fact that the public are suspicious of Alex, he seems like a crackpot conspiracy theorist rather than the clearly well-appraised die-hard freedom of information activist he clearly is. His point blank refusal to play the mainstream media game like Ron Paul who regularly appears on nationally syndicated news channels such as Fox and CNN - he is a Dr and a congressman who has standing whereas the mainstream media clearly fear what Alex will say. We are entering an era where previously taboo subjects such as questioning the Federal reserve are necessary to understand the financial meltdown we continue to experience currently. The public at large are more capable of understanding the monetary system than ever before and as a result, this spells danger for the ruling elite who have enjoyed the riches that the pandemic of fiscal ignorance has afforded them.

In short Alex Jones needs to stop discrediting himself and the valid points he makes, as he is effectively saving the propaganda-and disinfo machine a job. If he were somehow able to extend to a mainstream audience with some impartiality he may find even greater support than he currently attracts.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jackwills

That was a well-written and thoughtful post. Bravo.

My question to you is: if he was soft-spoken, patient, and thoughtful would he have any listeners? Ron Paul is all of these things and was not at all taken seriously during the presidential debates.

Where ignorance is bliss tis folly to be wise.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Fail to see this and forever live in ignorance?

You just dissed a lot more than the majority of the population, how about think next time before you just drool on with your thoughts turning into words.

Keep those disgusting opinions to yourself mate.

But other than that, good vids, thanks for the thread.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
no i do take the point that he is in the business of growing his listeners, but i think that this can takeover the real aim he had when he began. I think we both know that Ron Paul, is not as charismatic as obama and certainly did not have the backing financially or otherwise to propel him to the oval office but it does say alot for today's political climate that he was even included in televised presidential debates. In fact, more than any other candidate, Ron Paul's answers are referred to as an authority on the financial issues the economy faces. I think Ron ought to link up with a public figure who has wider (credible) political appeal instead of the often dry manner in which he goes about raising awareness to his cause. I think he certainly has an over-reliance on post-humous austrian economists which (whilst prophetic) certainly does make the ordinary viewer want to switch off. But behind the doors of capitol hill, his hitherto largely overlooked views are now seeming to be the only ones which the media admits actually make sense. greater transparency in the rudiments of the far tof ignooo complicated monetary system, a policy which seeks to lift the veil of public ignorance that the elite enjoy. Previous administrations have been able to lead the masses without giving out any information which might out private interests. In the age of the internet, and constantly blogging- the unwashed are getting smarter. Despite Dr Paul's best efforts- a major part of the reason that he has been able to get closer to his goal with regard to the Fed- is that all other disinfo attempts have been exhausted by the administrations in power. People are starting to realise that behind closed doors unassailable controling elitist powers have blown a bubble which had to burst. They are all desperately scrambling to reinflate it before anyone notices and they can get back to business as usual-but in the meantime nobody can explain how all of the taxpayers money which was supposed to reignite the economy has failed. The powers that be would rather that the real explanation was not made public because it would show up the fact that they knew it was going to fail from the outset- and that was the point.

I digress somewhat but i think the ultimate issue is that alternative and critical thinking citizens need their own figurehead who unites the theorists. Someone who does that without sensationalising themselves, instead of the thrust of the information they present. I think that there is a pandemic lack of understanding of the power of certain information already in the public domain and just how far up the foodchain it all leads. Sensitive and potentially criticalperhaps even top secret or sensitive information is merely just text, it needs backing or official endorsement to gather momentum in any direction. To answer your question, Peter Joseph is a quietly spoken man who presents factual information in a largely agendaless way. But even he has taken off on a venus project driven tangent bent on a competitionless, utopian society where everyone gets along. I hope he realises that he too dilutes his points with such a nonsensical hypothesis. I think he could devote his life to following through to the end what might happen if everyone stopped what they were doing and followed his teachings. In reality, back on earth we all have conflicting and competitive interests in a world where money is king. I think there is a common theme of working against the grain too much- in order to truly expose the flaws of the secrecy imposed upon us- to a certain extent i think we have to play the system and not simply grab a megaphone and try and bring it down with civil unrest. It just doesnt work and everyone will shy away from the conflict.

I guess what im saying is that im constantly disappointed by the self appointed exponents of the alternative theorist viewpoints as they always seem to come off as crackpots! Its just a shame.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

I have thought about the prospects that maybe he is a gov't plant to get those that oppose the NWO to stand up, so they would have an easier time rounding us up, but I just don't think that is the case. Alex is causing way too much damage to the NWO to possibly be part of them.

I support AJ!

I used to be a huge supporter of AJ. I would comment on his forums often. Until I was banned one day for simply asking why support only one candidate (Ron Paul) for president and ignore others like Bob Bar, or Cynthia McKinney that could progress the movement for proper investigation to the 9/11(and other pressing issues) event all the same.

It was at this point I began to wonder if 'Alex is on to something'. If you question or don't immediately agree with him (or his forum moderators) you are caste as a sheep/brainwashed or a drone supporting the enemy.

I believe if he is not a tool for this NWO he claims to be against how would the very enemy he repudiates, whom he claims to be all powerful, permit him to continue? If AJ was any threat to a Secret Government and was releasing information that they viewed as potentially dangerous to their cause/endgame, why is he still on the air, why is he allowed to continue?

With things like the Internet Security Act coming down the pipeline, where the Executive branch can control access to the Internet, I think its evident that TPTB have actions and plans in motion to deal with what really threatens them and their intentions. I am confident in stating we would all agree that the Internet was the primary vehicle in which 9/11 Truth began and continues to strive. This applies to other issues as well, such as FEMA actions and what have you. Without the Internet and its complexities being very hard to control and mandate this information has reached many which otherwise would never have been known or discussed.

AJ has been claiming that the sky is falling for many, many years on his show. Many of his claims have never come to fruition, where as, some have. If I had a Radio Show with the knack for trend analysis, over the years, statistically a few of my claims would come to be true.

I would advise everyone to not support someone wholeheartedly without doing your own research and analysis. To do otherwise exposes you to detriment and weakness. Think for yourselves. Consider him one of your points of information. Keep a keen ear to what he says and rationalize everything you hear from him, then check and recheck everything to verify what you have heard and compare it to other sources before you reach a conclusion.

If something seems to good to be true it probably is. AJ is far from a hero.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Agreed, you cannot see the strings on the politicians, but most are still
very much puppets.

The signs of the times are written are out there for all to see.

Bohemian Grove, Belizean Grove, CFR, Trilateral Commission,
Bilderberg, The Georgia Guidestones, Ecoscience, Confessions
of an Economic Hitman, and much much more...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
AJ is not and never been into anything but this

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Why can't people just accept something at face value?
Why overanalyze and come up with conspiracies to hate on the guy?

He seems like a normal guy that hates the way this world is run and fights it in his own passionate way. If you do the research some of the stuff that comes out really is THAT disturbing many times.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Alex Jones is insane and full of ego, but hey, at least he's getting out the word.

however if he was less nutty people would take him more seriously, and also he needs to cut the cheesy Star Wars crap, lol.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Alex Jones is insane and full of ego, but hey, at least he's getting out the word.

Alex Jones is the true-life modern incarnation of the Uncle Sam character.

Yup, he is.

(Obviously I'm not referring to the more arcane interpretations of that figure.)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62cb128f3be7.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I never meant that he was here to "save the day", but merely the fact that I agree much with these films that he has appeared in, which makes me think that he possibly could stand a chance of not being apart of the big, bad, picture.

I think Alex Jones himself is just a hyped up conspiravangelist, out to make money by selling a product he did not invent or even take the time to research in this invention.

He's offering a little bread with that butter.

But, I'm sorry, A Scanner Darkly and A Waking Life are not just merely "cartoons". But that's besides the point. These films strike home for me because each speak with the use of philosophical and identifying language about very controversial ideas.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Is this some kind of joke?

I've been going on about this for a year now, in several threads including full threads I have written. It is all a big illusion.

It's pathetic because the entire political arena is nothing more than a soap opera, and the entire American population gobbles it up and falls for it hook line and sinker. Then come on here and waste hours bickering over whos better obama or palin. Who give's a flying #, they're all irrelevant.

Anyone who fails to understand what an illusion this whole entire mess is, you fail to have a perspective on your true reality and will forever live in ignorance.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those who falsely believe they are free"
- Goethe

Never truer words spoken - summed up beautifully

If only everyone would get this into their heads and wake up to the illusion that is politics.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Burginthorn]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by undefy.gravity
I think Alex Jones himself is just a hyped up conspiravangelist, out to make money by selling a product he did not invent or even take the time to research in this invention.

Why is it that no matter how many Alex Jones discussion threads are made, the issue of him being in it for the money appears in every one despite the fact that it has be debunked every time? Instead of typing up the usual paragraph, why don't you tell me in detail how he steals thousands of dollars from us and is exactly like your typical televangelist?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

Yes, Jones is over the top, but if you aren't over the top no one listens.

Well, "over the top" is putting it very nicely. Ill agree to disagree and leave it at that...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

Why is it that no matter how many Alex Jones discussion threads are made, the issue of him being in it for the money appears in every one despite the fact that it has be debunked every time? Instead of typing up the usual paragraph, why don't you tell me in detail how he steals thousands of dollars from us and is exactly like your typical televangelist?

Yeah, I mean I've watched two of his movies for free. I've learned a lot from Jones and I've never given him a dime.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that yes, he's the crazy dude that everyone notices with the bullhorn, screaming obscenities, but with every right to do so.

If you were to read my previous reply to thread, you will see that I said, he is just doing his job, trying to make a living, while doing something he is passionate about.

I agree.

Alex Jones may do a little fear mongering within his show and website, but as far as I'm concerned he's definitely speaking the truth in some retrospect. The media business is and always will be a money making business.

As my friend said, "He's got to put some food on his table."

Not to mention, his appearance in both A Scanner Darkly and A Waking Life are proof enough that he is definitely in the know, and on the good side.

But you have to admit that the media business was, is, and may always be about recognition, view hits, and a bit of monetary profit. Maybe not from viewers but from companies and people he may be involved with.

And I must admit that I came off a little rash, stating that he was JUST out to make money and did NONE of his own research. I'm not giving enough credit where credit is due.

He is speaking out to the masses on what is seemingly going on behind the scenes, exposing some truth which is not available on MSM, which is undoubtedly a good thing, regardless of whose information it is originally.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Why don't you all stop calling Alex Jones a "propaganda mouth piece" and start stating all the things he's lying about. Just because the guy yells doesn't automatically mean he's Stalin.

I'll make it easy. For those who hate Alex, name 10 things Alex has lied about and go into detail about those lies. If you don't "have the time for such nonsense," you should not be posting in this thread.

What about his claims the Nazis are taking over the USA?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Can you explain this 'Illusion'? Can you inform me as to who or what is manifesting this illusion? Lemme know

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm glad Paroxysm caught the "democracy" comment by cindy and the gentle correction that Alex made. That is a key premise to winning a debate and how to win public opinion back to sanity. when people think you are calling them dumb they will automatically shut down any logical thought and go into defensive mode. We can't win this war of ideology (and I DO think it's a war) unless we can adopt that tactic.

That said I got to meet Cindy and she is rather sad. Losing her son has really shattered her. You can see it in her eyes. Very sad.

As for Alex, he IS extremely intelligent and has done much to keep the public informed. It is still a possiblilty that he is a government shill. I could forsee the CIA backing him and using him to inform the public until we have total trust. Once that trust is established he could misdirect the public on something extremely important when the NWO is ready to make their final moves.

All I'm saying is don't trust anyone implicity in the media. Research each and every subject for yourself and form you own conclusions. Alex can be abrasive and a bit ridiculous when he gets on the bullhorn yet he has my respect.

Years ago I published by own zine about religion called Fourth Reich Update. What I learned was that is it very easy to go past the facts and begin filling in the blanks with personal speculation. Extemely easy to do. It may be impossible to know how much of that Alex does. thanks for posting the vids!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join