It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Promote something other than fear.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12

Originally posted by warrenb
time for a laugh

Hope doesn't put food in your mouth or a roof over your head

You should spend some time in a third world country slum instead of the mall?

you obviously dont understand the point of positive thinking, as you are just bringing negativity to a thread meant for the exact opposite purpose

I think he just wants to point out positive thinking isn't enough, you have to think negative sometimes in order to prevent misery or prepare for it. Looking at the negative side of life you can avoid getting yourself into negative situations and if you do you need positive thinking to get out of it.

Anyway as for myself, I agree with Ophiuchus13, the financial crisis is a great gift. It affects us all, not just a particular country or group of people. It forces world economics to change, it forces people to become critical of government and corporate power and themselves. The majority of people have been fooled for so long, all because of indoctrination or bad education.

The outcome of this crisis is unsure but I'm hoping it will be the end of secrets, total transparancy so the general population knows what others are doing with community money so that this doesn't happen again.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

I think he just wants to point out positive thinking isn't enough, you have to think negative sometimes in order to prevent misery or prepare for it. Looking at the negative side of life you can avoid getting yourself into negative situations and if you do you need positive thinking to get out of it.

no one ever said thats all you have to do. i clearly stated every single person needs to take steps towards a better future and not rely on some leader to do it for them.

but where is the harm in positive thinking? its done nothing but good for me, and for many others.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
you can look at any time in the past and see just as much violence and worry as you see today. in my personal opinion... i think the world we live in today is much more promising than other past centuries. im sorry, but i think you guys need to start doing research on the past and all the horrors that have happened. yeah... we dont live in a perfect world and im not sure we ever will... but i think today shows much more promise than any other point in time. and like i said, its just my personal opinion. maybe because i dont believe every single theory i am told and i see a lot of good in the world.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by calihan_12]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

I am going to promote something positive right now.

Go outside and enjoy nature. Get some sunshine. Ride a motorcycle, take a walk, goto a restaurant and enjoy a great meal.

These are the things that we can still do, here in America. I'm going to keep doing these things until I can't anymore. Whenever that may be.

Especially riding my motorcycle. I'm definitely doing that right after work.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by calihan_12

I am going to promote something positive right now.

Go outside and enjoy nature. Get some sunshine. Ride a motorcycle, take a walk, goto a restaurant and enjoy a great meal.

These are the things that we can still do, here in America. I'm going to keep doing these things until I can't anymore. Whenever that may be.

Especially riding my motorcycle. I'm definitely doing that right after work.

i agree. those are all great things. i think people should just enjoy life while its still good. thats all we can do right now. until things start really affecting my own personal life... im going to continue enjoying my life and i encourage everyone else to do the same while they still can.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

but where is the harm in positive thinking? its done nothing but good for me, and for many others.

Yeah, you're right, everyone needs positive thinking in a world full of negativity.

Let's talk history and count our blessings. For one, assembling together with the intention of speaking out against the government or religion used to be a crime for centuries and could get you killed. Not only can we get together and talk, we don't even have to leave our house to do so.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

i think people should just enjoy life while its still good.

Starred.

Exactly what I'm talking about.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by havok]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Yeah, you're right, everyone needs positive thinking in a world full of negativity.

Let's talk history and count our blessings. For one, assembling together with the intention of speaking out against the government or religion used to be a crime for centuries and could get you killed. Not only can we get together and talk, we don't even have to leave our house to do so.

exactly right. we dont have it as bad as others have had it. we are at a point in time where we have overcome much... and we can continue to overcome more and more as time goes on. lets take a cue from those who changed the world into what it is today. they believed in something.. when others didnt. and because of their faith and their hope in a new way of thinking, things changed, and changed for the better.

we now need to be brave and push for more changes. if everyone simply accepted their fate.. we would still be living in the same world of our past. but people wanted change, and so, change came.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hhmm, ok positive thinking is good.
Fear mongering is bad.
The problem we have here is that we are on a conspiracy forum... a place that is naturally going to attract the kind of people that promote fear. It is also going to be more successful and more appealing to the masses who want a quick fix if it contains the 'fear'/shock stories.

You can't make it stop. It's natural for some peolple to get carried away "1,000,000,000 swine flu deaths predicted!" etc etc but if we are the enlightened ones we need to add our enlightenment to their posts.

A year ago I'd have probably replied with lots of peace and love and unconditional positive regard. Although now.... I'll let people think and behave how they want, I'll let them fear monger and I'll take advantage of my enlightened self and seperate the bad from the good and let others behave as they wish.

EDIT- Hang on, I see what you're trying to convey here, a positive message... that can only be a good thing.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by and14263]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

exactly right. we dont have it as bad as others have had it. we are at a point in time where we have overcome much... and we can continue to overcome more and more as time goes on. lets take a cue from those who changed the world into what it is today. they believed in something.. when others didnt. and because of their faith and their hope in a new way of thinking, things changed, and changed for the better.

Heh, I can't help but be negative again... you said to think of history more, well there were a bunch of people in Europe who thought just like you say "let's overcome these hardships!" and then they went to make some gold in the New World, they almost eradicated an entire people to become happy. That is the thought with which the USA is built upon, which originated in Europe, become happy even at the cost of others. It's pretty much too late now to leave the country and give it back to the natives so they can enjoy it again but if there is change, let it not be born out of the thoughts of those from the past who settled here mostly out of greed.

[edit on 31/8/2009 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Heh, I can't help but be negative again... you said to think of history more, well there were a bunch of people in Europe who thought just like you say "let's overcome these hardships!" and then they went to make some gold in the New World, they almost eradicated an entire people to become happy. That is the thought with which the USA is built upon, which originated in Europe, become happy even at the cost of others. It's pretty much too late now to leave the country and give it back to the natives so they can enjoy it again but if there is change, let it not be born out of the thoughts of those from the past who settled here mostly out of greed.

[edit on 31/8/2009 by Dragonfly79]

we cant change the past. we can only change our own future. i never said what anyone did in the past was good. i said the opposite.. they were much worse off than we are now. what i meant from we need to take a cue from the past is that we need to not make all those same mistakes.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by calihan_12]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

we cant change the past. we can only change our own future.

I'm just giving this thread a bump to quote this sentence. I read it again and it pertains to alot of whats going on right now in ATS, and America.

I just got back to read some more new threads on here and I think alot of people should read this. Maybe even try it.

:bnghd:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join