It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Promote something other than fear.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
With all this talk of destruction and government conspiracies and the world in absolute chaos and future predictions from random people... I think it is necessary to point out that it could always be worse. As of now... everything is still only a conspiracy, and you cant believe everything you hear. It is fear mongering. All of you talk about how the government promotes fear... and yet you all do the same to the readers of your posts. You are fear mongering just the same.

It needs to be said that we are all still alive and well. The sun is shining and the weather is great. There are many people on earth who are intelligent and kind and who want to see change in this world. There is always, ALWAYS hope for a better world. Don't think that you just have to give up and accept your "fate" as what you've been told it will be. There is always time to change the path of the future, regardless of what anyone says. But, you have to be willing to take those steps towards change and not just talk about it. Do something, and maybe you will see a better future, instead of this horrible future everyone makes it out to be.

Without hope... we have nothing. So don't just feed into the hands of those who promote fear. Feed into the hands of those who promote love and peace and hope.. and maybe we will see a different future when the time comes.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by calihan_12]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
haha i think it is needed for someone to come around and remind us that. i had a conversation with a, "non-awakened one" last night about conspiracies, and we both came to the conclusion that yeah people are speaking out, its important to take this into consideration, but enjoy life. dont let the government turn your life into a prison with out even trying.(aka looking at conspiracies and believing your done for)

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I agree. It is healthy to question the government and the things happening around you... but thats it. As long as you have an awareness, you do not need to live your life thinking something horrible will happen at any moment. That just makes you stressed and dissatisfied with life, and what is the point of that?

Conspiracies like these have been going on for centuries. Every decade there is a new threat, and people think the world will end... and it never does... and life continues to go on. This is part of being human. You have to question certain things but dont take them to heart.

Just be thankful for being alive.. having a roof over your head... having friends and family that love you. If you cant be thankful for those things and think about all the good in life, what is the point of living?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
True, but we should also keep in mind, if it does get out of hand, get the leaders out. and we cant do that unless we are a community, not individuals.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

Ya know, as worked up and angry as I just got on the thread I posted on before this one, you are right. We all need something to be happy about and there is still PLENTY to be happy about. I try to focus on those things more than anything else, but it is so easy to get wrapped up in all the gloom and doom in here. I'm not even a gloom and doom type person, but this stuff does get me down sometimes.

However, I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going to stop reading here. I like being informed and I like the mystery of everything, but it is my belief that we are going to have to look towards to the positive aspect of things if we are to get through difficult times. Negativity and worry just brings more negativity and worry, so it's just a great big vicious cycle if something isn't done to stop it at some point.

So, come on everyone... smile a little, hug some one, smell a flower, hug a tree! LOL! It's ok to bring out your inner hippy every now and then!
If the world as a whole became more positive, even in the face of adversity, it would have no choice but to become a better place.

Everyone just try being a little more positive each day and see what happens!

[edit on 8/31/2009 by gemineye]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
well, if anything major happens, and all these predictions come true.. to me.. it will show that the fear mongering worked. people are always willing to believe what they are told. now if everyone in turn was to start thinking positively, and thinking of a better future with the eyes of hope... i honestly think the energy from those people would transform the events of the future and possibly change the course we are headed. every person alive makes decisions and choices and thinks in certain ways that all affect our future.

we as a collective whole have to change our thinking patterns in order to see real change. and we need to be willing to do some work and not rely on others to change the future... we have to rely on ourselves to be those who change our future.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

well, if anything major happens, and all these predictions come true.. to me.. it will show that the fear mongering worked. people are always willing to believe what they are told. now if everyone in turn was to start thinking positively, and thinking of a better future with the eyes of hope... i honestly think the energy from those people would transform the events of the future and possibly change the course we are headed. every person alive makes decisions and choices and thinks in certain ways that all affect our future. we as a collective whole have to change our thinking patterns in order to see real change. and we need to be willing to do some work and not rely on others to change the future... we have to rely on ourselves to be those who change our future.

My thoughts exactly! If we live in fear, they win and that's exactly what we DON'T want! I feel like saying more, just because I'm a long-winded person, but I think you already said it perfectly, lol!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
its just like the water molecule experiments. when someone prayed or played gentle and relaxing music, the water molecule took on a serene crystal appearance... and when loud aggressive music was played, or hateful words were written on a paper next to the water molecule, the water molecule looked absolutely nuts.

very effective ways of keeping a positive attitude are listening to music (always helps me when im in a depressed mood), eating healthy, exercising, practicing meditation and yoga, being in the environment i.e. hiking, swimming, camping... all of those things contribute to a more positive attitude. hike up a beautiful morning at morning dawn and tell me you are miserable. it just doesnt happen. it isnt until you see all the beauty this world has to offer, that you learn to appreciate everything surrounding us.

be around your friends and loved ones as much as you can and enjoy your life. there is no need to worry.. just do your part to make your life better. in time, just by making your own life better, you will affect other's lives in the same way. you will see.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
time for a laugh

Hope doesn't put food in your mouth or a roof over your head

You should spend some time in a third world country slum instead of the mall?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
time for a laugh

Hope doesn't put food in your mouth or a roof over your head

You should spend some time in a third world country slum instead of the mall?

funny because i dont go to malls. thank you for judging me based on a photo. in fact, the reality is that i have a couple suitcases of all my posessions. the mall is the antichrist to me. i have been to many slums. i have been homeless with no food or money. if i didnt have hope.. i would have been lost.

hope gives you much more than anything else in this world ever could. people in other countries have hardly anything, but they see life in a different light than spoiled americans and europeans see life.

you obviously dont understand the point of positive thinking, as you are just bringing negativity to a thread meant for the exact opposite purpose

[edit on 31-8-2009 by calihan_12]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I just wished some people would except the unveiling as a gift. And be happy to become part of the bigger picture hidden behind all the fear for so long. GOOD THREAD

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If people keep talking NWO future you will indeed get it.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
yeah i know.

i dont think everyone is aware that their thoughts DO very much affect the world around us. we need to grow to a higher consciousness and level of thinking to see these positive changes happen. it isnt until you come across a very enlightened person that you see the energy around them is so very different from others.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Hope doesn't save lives or put food in the mouths of the hungry

Are you part of the Obama Youth Brigade?
Seem's to be alot of love & peace people on here lately.

I'm all for peace and love but they wouldn't exist if we lived in a ideal world because it would be automatic.

Pacifism is not the answer to oppression until the oppression is destroyed utterly and completely. Once the wars over and everyone has food and roof, you can run around kissing and hugging everybody.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I'm all for peace and love but they wouldn't exist if we lived in a ideal world because it would be automatic.

Pacifism is not the answer to oppression until the oppression is destroyed utterly and completely. Once the wars over and everyone has food and roof, you can run around kissing and hugging everybody.

your words dont really mean a thing to me. i have already stated... without hope for a better life and world, ME, personally, wouldnt have made it. I was at a place in life where i wasnt sure i could continue living. i had no hope.. i felt that any hope i had before was completely lost and there was no point in living.

and then one day i decided i was going to give hope a shot, and see what my future held in store for me with positive thinking.

and here i am today. alive, healthy, loved.. i am at the happiest and most peaceful point of my life ive ever been, and i believe it is only because i went through absolute darkness and fear and it forced me to either change the way i was thinking.. or continue down the road of no return.

until you have faced that point in your life, dont tell me hope is pointless.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
if i had no hope i would have hated my father for the rest of my life.

i was homeless and had no where to go, and yet he wouldnt let me live with him because my stepmom didnt want to have anyone else living at their house. he listened to whatever she said because she has good healthcare and my dad has diabetes and is broke and without her he would basically die, because he doesnt have healthcare unless he is on her plan. so basically, whatever she says goes.

i had a lot of hatred towards him for a long time. i couldnt understand it. but i started seeing things from his perspective.. i knew my dad loved me and i knew it hurt him very badly that he did that to his youngest child and only daughter.

if i hadnt learned forgiveness i am not sure i would ever have talked to my father again. but i did, and i have a great relationship with him because of that.

you cant live through life thinking only of the negative things that happen. if you do, your life is sure to be miserable.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Calihan_12 is right, to a degree.
People must think positive, but we can't be naive.

Great post, but I must say that it is time for people to start being serious. Light-heartedness will only get you so far. This gov't will only take us as far as we can go until we respond. Is that what they want? I don't know.

No one knows. Thats the problem with conspiracies, they are thoughts.
But warrenb has a ton of truthful threads and personally, I think he is on the right track for what is coming.

Everyone can sense the calm before the storm. At least, everyone here.

It's better to be prepared for the worst, than expect the least.

I'm glad to see you are postive of the situation, calihan_12.
I just hope you are not overlooking anything. The signs are everywhere that SWHTF. This is not the same world I grew up in. I don't care what anyone says. You can look the other way, or stare right at it. Your choice.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Having been in a few firefights, I like peace.
Last I heard there was no Obama Youth Brigade.... Maybe it's part of that Republican Cult?

Seriously though, peace never hurts anyone. Last time I checked I could walk out of my house and down the street with out showing papers or needing a permit. We're not oppressed in the sense you think we are.

And since we're not fighting with guns, bombs and what have you on American Soil yet (if ever); peaceful planing, actions and so on are the order of the day.

Violence will not fix this country.

M.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
Last I heard there was no Obama Youth Brigade.... Maybe it's part of that Republican Cult?

No youth brigade?

Alrighty then

Originally posted by Moshpet
And since we're not fighting with guns, bombs and what have you on American Soil yet (if ever); peaceful planing, actions and so on are the order of the day.

Violence will not fix this country.

A revolution is the only solution.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
im not part of any "obama youth brigade" that is just silly for you to even assume that a person who has a positive attitude has to be a part of some cult.

i just dont understand your thinking. im sorry. but i do not see your point of view. thinking about all the miserable things in life will never get you anywhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join