It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Installation Disguised as Art?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

That seems to be a nice simple explanation as to what is planned there, still though the location is suspect. It's a cover, when 2010 rolls around it still won't be ready for visitors and the public will buy it because of the eccentric artist who is delaying the release of his masterpiece. Then there will be issues with the government wanting to transport nuclear waste on trains through that valley and soon the project will be nearly forgotten by the public before it opens as the fully functioning Raëlian Embassy for Extraterrestrials of North America.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Looks like an egyptian necropole (city of the dead i.e. ancestral burrial ground) to me

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Nice photo shop . I am sorry but after your "Cropcircle in the Sand" www.abovetopsecret.com...
thread, I don't believe anything you post,

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Greetings my aliens freinds.We hope you feel right at home landing you ship here.As you can see we have gone to alot of effot to build some buildings like the ones you have back home on your home planet.Unfortunatly at this time we need a lend of this area to film a new science fiction movie and hopefully it will be available for you to land your ships here around about the 21 december 2012.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Any idea as to what he is using as building materials? It looks like rock, and if so, what kind? And if it is, how is he getting all of those rocks there to build with???

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Not sure what to think other than it would be a beautiful place to visit when/if they do open it.
If google earth had pictures that close up they where allowed to go in there and then post them;So he isn't keeping it a total secret.
I must admit though the forms shapes and coloring against the desert backdrop are very beautiful!
If he is truly tryiing to represent as many cultures as possible with this "town of art" he is building he is off to a great start. Can't wait to find out if they will be releasing more pictures of other areas around it. xoxo

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

To me it looks more akin to the aztec/mayan/etc cities. Beautiful work, nonetheless! Personally, I couldn't do an installation this large (by installation, I don't mean facility... I mean an art installation). I don't think my OCD would allow me to get past a single building, lmao.

See, there's a good ATS art project. Get all the terribly OCD artists and we could go do an installation like this (if we could make it past the planning stages before we grow old and die).

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
Nice photo shop . I am sorry but after your "Cropcircle in the Sand" www.abovetopsecret.com...
thread, I don't believe anything you post,

Well that's a bit silly. Yes it was a bit naughty of him posting that in the UFO forum, but his threads are one of the reasons I eventually signed up here.

Plus you can check for yourself it isn't a photoshop.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Didn't anyone else notice this?? There is a giant farm next to the Land Art project!

No one else thinks that's a little strange? It's no small farm either. Why does this artist have a farm capable of feeding a small city out in the middle of the desert next to his 30 year art project?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Does look great but my question would be....

Why build an Art Sculpture way out in the Nevada Desert where no-one is allowed?

Also the first pic uploaded looks like a huge Pulse Rifle!!!!

You sure do a lot of browsing on the net for these things.... kudos to you.

S+F also

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Why wouldn't it be art?

I wouldn't get too excited about it all being a message to aliens

No one said it was.

Better luck next time.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by zorgon

...Why build an Art Sculpture way out in the Nevada Desert where no-one is allowed?

S+F also

As the link i provided on the previous page shows, there are plenty of landscape artists that work on an epic scale, such as James Turrell, whose spent about 30 years turning a massive crater into art in the Arizona desert.

Really guys, this is more James Bond than ATS!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Been reading these topics and threads here on ATS for quite awhile and been researching in everything for 40years. Looks like some kind of landing pad. I think it might have to do with the Movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I think it could be the TEMPLE Mound as predicted in the bible. I read various Bibles out there and you kinda have to put all of that info together to get the big picture. Has anyone out ther put all the bibles together to see? A lot of the movies are prsented as fiction but some are actually facts. I beleve that the USA is the promised land as foretold in the bible as my research is soon ending, and was taught in school that our Constitution was second to the bible and other countries envied our way of life because of it. Also was taught that the Constitution or anything of sort can't be changed by anyone period, because it was well writen by great people our forefathers who knew if it was ever changed "We the people" would be in trouble as we are now. The UN is trying to draw up guide lines for other contries so why not addapt our Constitution to those other countries and restore ours to original content it was. What do you think

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
It's certainly likely to generate more interest from an orbiting spacecraft than this UFO landing pad:

www.town.stpaul.ab.ca...

Don't diss St. Paul just because they think that an allien ship capable of travelling between star systems will be a vertical landing saucer no bigger than a buick.

I've always wanted to set up a mock UFO on that thing when I was a kid and lived near there. I'd do it in the night and it would have been fun.

On the issue at hand though I think we are all missing the really obvious one. This guy is building himself a bunker/survival compound and is hidding it as art. That way no one asks him to submit plans to the local building permit board. And he doens't need to hide what he is doing.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Definately looks like some kind of a city ... Lemurian ? Atlantean ?

There's 'living space' along with some kind of a 'farm' -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b721e259477.jpg[/atsimg]
Here's a close-up of the 'farm' section ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3075519bc1d7.jpg[/atsimg]
Very strange ... reminds me somehow of the Denver Intl airport ... not sure why ...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
Nice photo shop . I am sorry but after your "Cropcircle in the Sand" www.abovetopsecret.com... thread, I don't believe anything you post

The image is from Google Earth and the OP posted the coords, if anything is photoshopped than Google is to blame.

Originally posted by threekings
Didn't anyone else notice this?? There is a giant farm next to the Land Art project! No one else thinks that's a little strange? It's no small farm either. Why does this artist have a farm capable of feeding a small city out in the middle of the desert next to his 30 year art project?

Pure speculation on my part, but could it be that the artist lives out there, on-site and perhaps grows his own food?

[edit on 8/31/2009 by JKersteJr]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

There are cheaper and easier ways of murdering hundreds of thousands of people then secret underground gas chambers.
Please tell me, where would they put all the bodies to keep them concealed? Didnt think of that probably. Hundreds of thousands of bodies piled up would negate the need for a "Secret Underground Gas Chamber" as I am sure some one would notice the stench and piles of bodies.

I think this guy has too much time and money on hand to build such an elaborate art exhibit. How are they supposed to get a ROI with just tourism? I suppose it is possible this is a cover for something. I suppose it is possible it is just a guy with too much time and money on his hands.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain
reply to post by zorgon

Definately looks like some kind of a city ... Lemurian ? Atlantean ?

There's 'living space' along with some kind of a 'farm' -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b721e259477.jpg[/atsimg]
Here's a close-up of the 'farm' section ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3075519bc1d7.jpg[/atsimg]
Very strange ... reminds me somehow of the Denver Intl airport ... not sure why ...

...Mos Eisley Spaceport. Never will you find a more retched hive of scum and villiany. We must use caution...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
From the pic, it looks like the pick was modified, smeared by something like photoshop.

The pics on the ground look to me like it is tying to make false images from satellite view.

I would suspect anything really important would be underground.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by arcnaver

You said :
There are cheaper and easier ways of murdering hundreds of thousands of people then secret underground gas chambers.
Please tell me, where would they put all the bodies to keep them concealed? Didnt think of that probably. Hundreds of thousands of bodies piled up would negate the need for a "Secret Underground Gas Chamber" as I am sure some one would notice the stench and piles of bodies.

Consider the following -

Detroit trash incinerator will keep burning

6/19/09 12:19 AM

The City of Detroit will continue to burn trash at the 20-year-old incinerator according to members of the Greater Detroit Resource Recovery Authority (GDRRA) board.

Despite the fact that the facility’s contract with the city expires on July 1 there are no plans to use alternative methods of waste disposal at this time.

While the city has been offered less expensive waste disposal options in landfills and it was not clear whether GDRRA could match those prices, trash will still be burned at the towering disposal facility on Detroit’s east side near the I-75 and I-94 highway interchange.

GDRRA is a public board that controls the privately owned Detroit trash incinerator that burns approximately 800,000 tons of municipal waste annually.

Source : MichiganMessenger.com

Looking at the numbers, we have -

800,000 tons per year ==> 2,190 tons per day ==> 4,380,561 lbs per day ...

Let us assume an average human body weighs 150 pounds, then we have

4,380,561 lbs per day ==> 23,204 human bodies per day ...

Getting the idea ?

And besides, the way theings are in Detroit right now ( ~ 31 % 'official' unemployment rate ) they could definately use the 'extra business' ...

[edit on 31-8-2009 by visible_villain]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join