It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Installation Disguised as Art?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Raumcole
Although there is no reason to believe it is anything more than a piece of art.

Well there is ONE reason... this is a conspiracy site, not an art forum...

We find UFO's in old paintings too

Hehe, excellent point.

As for the Area 51 reply, I don't see the connection since people aren't able to visit it (let alone get close), and most likely not made for tourist attraction.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Raumcole]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

so when you have a hammer in your hand - do you treat everything as if it was a nail ?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
so when you have a hammer in your hand - do you treat everything as if it was a nail ?

You know... I have been saving this for the right occasion

Just for you... cuz your always so pleasant

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I think it's some kind of apocolypse shelter. Merely desinged to look like art.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr

You might be right...

"I'm building this work for later. I'm interested in making a work of art that will represent all the civilization to this point." - Michael Heizer

Does have a sorta 'end of days' ring to it

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Whatever it is... i would be suspicious, while trying to see the beauty of it. unless it turns out to be nothing more than a staging arena for bloody sacrifices, of all the "different human civilizations."

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

You know... I have been saving this for the right occasion

Just for you... cuz your always so pleasant

"We are increasingly realizing we are not the only intelligent life on the planet"!!!!

What the...? Sounds like disclosure to me!!! And the hands on those other intelligent lifeforms look freakishly human, I wonder if he's related to my great great.... great grandad?And here I thought the expression "if you only have a hammer everything starts to look like a nail" might be true, but you can't say "if all you have is a big rock everything starts to look like a Palm nut" because they use the rocks pretty well to deal with the enemies too!

very cool video!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr

You might be right...

"I'm building this work for later. I'm interested in making a work of art that will represent all the civilization to this point." - Michael Heizer

Does have a sorta 'end of days' ring to it

Definitely correct: This is art and it is simulating human civilization landmarks, architecture, urbanization. Even from pics you can get the good feeling it creates.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Why wouldn't it be art?

I wouldn't get too excited about it all being a message to aliens

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Hmmm, kinda reminds me of the landscape/architecture from Ray Bradbury's "Martian Chronicles". I wouldn't mind all that in my backyard

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
The first photo was done in photoshop by the look of it. the rest are legit. who knows what it is.

The first photo is a screen capture mosaic from Google Earth and I don't use photoshop

I'm glad someone brought that up, because although I realised you'd got this straight from Google Earth, I was thinking it kinda looks like it's been designed somehow to look like it isn't really there and 'just a photoshop'.

In any case, it's quite odd

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Anyone know what the weird looking huge antennas are in San Antonio?

There was an attempt to disguise these as flag poles by placing a large US flag to the top of each. They are tapering, from a round ball on top, they get wider going down. Each has a small brick building below that has numerous do not enter under penalty of law warnings, and much electricity going in, and cooling vents. And also numerous hazardous chemical warnings.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Just recieved a email of another secret location - this one in Oregon.

email copied & pasted ...

The following true information deals with the genocide mechanisms now in place to follow gun control! I do not want to give his name publically, but the Christian trenching professional, one of the best on the West Coast, is 67-year old Phil Lane, an excellent Christian whose father was a dedicated missionary.

In Oregon, there are now two underground gas chambers built by the Rockford Corporation - under a never publicized "joint venture" - for 1 billion dollars! The first underground gas chamber is located by traveling to Mist, Oregon, to Junction Hwy 202 & 47, then travel northwest 11 1/2 miles, then 1.3 miles west on Hwy 202 to a private driveway turning back into the trees, to a ten or twelve foot fence with security guard. In plain clothes at the gate, the security guard wears dark trousers, a white shirt, and is armed with a fully (not semi) automatic weapon. Once inside the fence, the security guard stops once every thirty seconds - while conducting a worker to the gas chambers - for a security check. The compound has 150 armed guards with fully automatic weapons. These guards are pledged to strict silence and wear "triangle" arm patches. Nearby vehicles are dark blue, almost black, with Connecticut and New Jersey license plates. This installation has "6 or 7 underground buildings, plus a huge chamber!" This structure is "120x140 or 150 and 40 or 60 feet deep underground." Just to the very west of this gas chamber is where some of the richest natural gas wells in the U.S. are located. This "huge building" is the first tie-in and tap to these gas wells, reveals an Oregon trenching professional who has seen absolutely no "tie-in" there for twenty years. There is a duplicate facility at Goat Mountain, Oregon. Both facilities are 50 miles equidistant from Portland. A maximum 85,000 people per day can be murdered in these underground facilities.

From the air, because of the tree covering over the Mist underground gas chamber, an engineer who was called to the site reports. "You'd have to be looking with something very elaborate. They are so careful with how they're working with ground restoration it's bizarre. Right down to the last blade of grass." The engineer continues, "There is a 24-inch underground gas pipe with webbing systems inside and another 8-inch specialized fiber optic cable conduit riding on runner things in the center of it. Setting on cradles, the 8-inch is a coated system you can't even pick up with electronics: it just hides itself inside the gas line. When they start backfilling the trench this gas line is in, there is a 12-inch on top of it. The Rockford Corporation says it's almost impossible to detect. Pivoting off of Portland, a six-lane road in a 50-mile "parameter circle" was put in by Asian countries for maximum secrecy. The Japanese and Chinese "inserted money into this 'golden circle' for military movement." The asian work gangs for this six-lane road could not speak english for maximum secrecy. The gas and communication lines - from MIst - loop the Salem area and back up into the Goat Mountain facility, which has black unmarked helicopters flying in after 10:30 p.m. Pacific time, each night, to the Goat Mountain landing area with infrared landing lights. Goat Mountain is not on many U.S. maps. Thirty white-painted UN buses have been photographed just outside this Goat Mountain facility. It is reported the deeply-underground Oregon state militia have formed "elite commando units" and are watching the gas chambers closely. A former U.S. Army military intelligence officer with the Oregon militia reports the Oregon National Guard is mostly sold out to the NWO and cannot be trusted...

Stephen Volk

++++++++++++++
NE1 in Oregon want to comfirm or deny - he who checks it out gets to post it... lets get busy Oregonians...
++++++++++++++

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Maye it's a test (obstacle) track for tanks, with obstacles resembling buldings.
Definitely odd.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
There's plenty of modern landscape sculpture around:

www.marin.cc.ca.us...

I've long been a fan of James Turrell; he's been working on the Roden Crater, near Flagstaff, Arizona since 1980:

landingaday.wordpress.com...

Perhaps these people are indeed aliens, or in league - it would explain their outlandish talent and ambition

IMO they're simply great artist. Admittedly Heizer's 'City' is very sci-fi, but surely if one wanted to survive an apocalypse this isn't the best of above-ground designs; perhaps a plain pyramid is the sturdiest and most aerodynamically 'blast resistant'?

As for a top secret UFO airport, it's not very top secret.

As a fine art graduate i can promise you one thing: He'd love this speculation about his creation - the whole point of art is to ask questions and pose problems, not to present answers and solutions. He seems to have done this very well, so kudos to Mr Heizer.

[edited to remove a dodgy link]

[edit on 31-8-2009 by McGinty]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by redwoodjedi
From the ground, one is reminded of Incan and Aztec architecture or perhaps Egyptian in layout. It doesn't take much effort really, to even see Puebloan kivas, ball courts and temples implied.

This was my first thought when I saw this.

I'm not too inclined to agree immediately with the "secret project" theory. I'd need to know more.
But, it seems odd to me that any regional government wouldn't object to this. Governments love to meddle, restrict and control. The idea that anyone can calve up a piece of land like this without the authorities coming down to serve some orders to cease is remarkable.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
WOW - WHAT A VERY INTERESTING POST!!!!

UNBELIEVEABLE!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What is happening can't simply be written off as eccentric art. There is a purpose to this place, something drives this project and it isn't the sale of his sculptures, so who is the Dia Art Foundation and the Lannan Foundation. My theory is that Heizer is just one of many people who together share a radical belief and secrecy is essential in order to fulfill their vision. Seriously he claims he has been working on the "City" since 1970, there is more than meets the eye here.

This story reminded me of Falco or Oberto Airaudi, the founder of Damanhur and the temples he built. Truly amazing, take a look www.thetemples.org/.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Visitors are allowed by invitation only, as the artist doesn't plan on opening it to the general public until its completion in 2010.

LINK

[edit on 31-8-2009 by draknoir2]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raumcole
That really is an amazing structure, I have to say.

Although there is no reason to believe it is anything more than a piece of art.

*snip*

So with that being said, if were to make a secret something then why tell people about it in the first place? Why cover it up by using an artist who publically announces it's existence, which would of been "more secret" if they just built it without the artist part. I would agree with you if Michael Heizer was a random guy that just popped up, but simple research will show that he has done projects very similar before this. I have to say that since it's an artist creating it, saying "it's too big to be art" or "it's too odd to be art" doesn't work seeing that it is well....art. My opinion is that it is in the desert because it's the perfect place to do a piece of art like this, and it's by Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon which are major tourist attractions. Seems like the perfect spot for what it says it is to me.

Some more information just because you can never have enough.

-His family has lived in Nevada since the 1880s.
-One grandfather, Ott F. Heizer, was a mining engineer, the other, Olaf P. Jenkins, was the chief geologist for California, and his father, Mr. Heizer's was an archaeologist from Lovelock, Nev., who taught at the University of California, Berkeley. (Explains the motive behind the art style)

Seems everything adds up and nothing is suspicious about this.
"Oh damn, it's just a super amazing piece of art" (sarcasm)

Links.

www.nytimes.com...

doublenegative.tarasen.net...

en.wikipedia.org...(artwork)

www.onlinenevada.org...

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Raumcole]

Ya know, I think I sussed it. The only secret to this "piece of art" is it's commercial implications at a much grander scale that I mentioned previously. Can't you see it? The lovely palatial high end track homes surrounding a nice 18 holer and pro shop with this magnificient art as the center piece. Could be yet another entertainment magnet used as an excuse to rob even more water from the Colorado River Farmer's Shares to make another rediculous out of place oasis in the middle of the desert that only the priveledged few can afford. Again I say, I grew up in the Mojave. I watched this kind of thing ruin it all over the beautiful desert.

I can smell the money. Can't you?

Cheers,

Erik

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join