It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP's Bachmann zings heckler at health-care town hall ... And MORE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

GOP's Bachmann zings heckler at health-care town hall ... And MORE

'I've given birth here probably more times than you, sir'

Posted: August 29, 2009
12:25 am Eastern

Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., gave health-care town hall attendees in Lake Elmo, Minn., not only something to think about in her comments condemning President Obama's government health-care plan, but also something to smile over when she zinged a heckler with an impromptu remark that elicited uproarious laughter from the crowd.

Bachmann had been arguing, 'I would far prefer to have American medical care than I would health care in the U.K. any day of the week,' a comment which brought cheers and applause from the approximately 400 who squeezed into a junior high school auditorium to hear her speak, with another roughly 400 watching via closed-circuit in the school's cafeteria.

But when she held up a stack of papers she claimed were headline reports from U.K. newspapers carrying stories of poor health care under socialized medicine, an unidentified man attempted to interrupt.

Bachmann was in the middle of highlighting a story about 4,000 U.K. women forced by a lack of hospital beds to give birth in hospital hallways, when the heckler became too loud to ignore.

There's more at this link...

Here's the condensed video:

(click to open player in new window)

And the extended version...
Better, in my opinion, because it puts his question in context and it gives you more of a feel for the event:

I wanted to add that I found this interesting information for Ron Paul fans; if they weren't already aware...

"Rep. Michele Bachmann invites Ron Paul to attend one of her TownHall meetings in St. Cloud MN in Sept."

NOTE: Both Representatives are sitting members of the House Finance Committee.

Here's the video... Actually just audio with a still picture of both Reps.

AND... While I'm at it, I also wanted to add Michele's view of our current Federal Gov't.

Here's the video titled:

We Now Have A Total Gangster Government

(Speech from mid-2009)

Granted, she's a Republican. Having lived in her district a short while ago. She was elected before I had moved into her district and I've since left for wider expanses in rural America; I can still see her district from my front porch.
I need to find out more about her but I don't believe that what I know about her would really define her as a Republican any more than Obama is a Democrat.

I believe that she's one that will help America recover from this current disaster because of her 'mostly' wise ways. She's flawed human too. She has a great spirit.

In any event, Her sharp comment to the heckler was great! I hate to see a guy get kicked in the balls (verbally) but he asked for it by putting them out there... LOL

thanks

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
She's another bright light that the Emanuel/Soros machine will try their best to destroy with lies and innuendo and sensational BS news casts from the lackey MSM. She's every bit as tough as Palin and I would not be surprised to see them both on a ticket as candidates very soon.

Zindo

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Well in my opinion she is a manipulative cowess of a woman, she is inflammatory, opportunistic and indicates politics as usual.

A great choice for the GOP - 12 or 18 candidate

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Well in my opinion she is a manipulative cowess of a woman, she is inflammatory, opportunistic and indicates politics as usual.

A great choice for the GOP - 12 or 18 candidate

First I'd heard of her, but if the dems are already calling her names like mental modulator does above, it means they're already afraid of her, so there might be something to her after all ...

[edit on 8/30/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
From the article (at the bottom)

Rep. Steny Hoyer, D-Md., was confronted by self-described Democrats who accused their representative of lying about health reform and protested, "Why would you try to stuff a health-care plan down our throats in a couple days when the president took six months to pick a dog for his kids?"

That is classic
. Not to mention very true. This is not something that should be rushed through like this. Something this important should be carefully, thoroughly thought-out and planned, not just forced upon us as quick as they can.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Why is it that whenever Democrats think somebody on the right is a joke Republicans think they are "afraid" of that person?

I would personally like to see Michelle Bachman ascend to a prominent position in the Republican party, just as I would like to see the continued ascent of Palin. They will surely destroy the party in short order. Two clowns do not win elections.

BTW: If Bachman's comments are anybody's idea of sparkling repartee then I cringe.

The reason there is some overcrowding in British hospitals is that patients can choose their medical facility. Most of them go to the hospitals with the best reputations. While giving birth in a hospital corridor is not ideal, if the birthing mother wants to go to a particular hospital and it's full they are not going to turn her away.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Two clowns do not win elections.

So explain Obama and Joe Biden? If Biden is not a clown then we are seriously dropping in IQ as a nation.

And Obama couldnt run his way out of a wet paper bag! Hes got hardly ANY experience and did absolutely NOTHING in his political career before this.

new topics

top topics

join