It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats With the Weather?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The tempertures here where I live are 70 Degrees as a high, and 50-60 as a low. I live in the mid west and it has been constantly 10 degrees lower than it is suppose to be for the first half of the summer. (Sense June 21st) What have the tempertures been like for where you live?

I really hope we don't have a cold winter this year.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
The tempertures here where I live are 70 Degrees as a high, and 50-60 as a low. I live in the mid west and it has been constantly 10 degrees lower than it is suppose to be for the first half of the summer. (Sense June 21st) What have the tempertures been like for where you live?

I really hope we don't have a cold winter this year.

Wellll, it's been in the 110's for the last two months. So I'm home now and it's in the 80's with 50% humidity and partly cloudy skies. B-E-A-utiful.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Its absolutly freezing here in Ohio last night and today.This has been the coldest summer I can ever remeber. Moving to Florida.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You should move to Australia - been hotter there in midwinter than it has in Britain in midsummer.

Perhaps they pinched all our heat?

Mind, anyone remember summer 1976? Hot and dry in England and cold just about everywhere else.

It's called weather. Every year is different. Great, innit

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Hi Essan, I remember '76 so well.. fantastic, like from July to near October and you can see where I live. It's not like that this year, and for a few years now our summers have seen a lot more rainfall, much less Sun and temperatures much more variable. I think the most significant thing is the lack of clear sunlight,(cloud seeding with Sulphur?)

[edit on 30-8-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Aye, I remember it, though I remember '95 better. Recent summers have been disappointing. Especially up your way. Not been too bad here this summer. Bit wet in July but August has given 60% of normal rainfall and pretty much average temps (which are quite hot enough for me!)

However summer '76 was - globally - one of the coldest of the 20th century. Point being, local weather doesn't always follow the pattern of global climate trends. A lot of places have had a very hot summer (and winter in Oz) this year. We're just unlucky. The synoptic patterns that bring warmer weather to one place inevitably result in cooler weather elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I would say el nino is a good candidate. Most meteorologists agree that it has come back again this year, which would explain the weird weather.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
I would say el nino is a good candidate. Most meteorologists agree that it has come back again this year, which would explain the weird weather.

Oh do we now?

Actually last climate meeting I attended back when I was working in Darwin, suggested that we were experiencing a neutral year, meaning there would be a greater variation of weather.

Although that was months ago, it could have changed by now

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Its been a fairly cool summer where I live (southeast Pennsylvania). We had about two weeks where a heat wave came in and it was 87-91 every day but after that the temperature has dropped to a high of about 75.

Its the coolest summer I can remember in a long while. Don't worry about it, the climate naturally fluctuates...

top topics

join