It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff Teaches the Morons at CNBC a Lesson! (August 28th)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

Never said that the other guy wasn't in the field just saying your praising a man that clearly has his own seperate agenda. And also sorry I didn't miss that, and I find it funny that your so stupidly sarcastic and clearly missed my entire point.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I am confused. First of all, I am again at work and cannot view the you tube links, that always sux, but what I want to know is why is Peter Schiff even talking to the Mormons? And why are the mormons at CNBC? What is that all about????

[edit on 30-8-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

LMAO! LOL!

Thank you for that!
Um, lol, even though they go hand in hand,
it is MORONS not MORMONS!
OMG, thats funny! Thanks!
If you only knew how close to home that is for me!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

I couldnt resist.

The government can because they mix it with lies and make the world taste goooooood.

[edit on 8/30/2009 by Tentickles]

MAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!, Love it.......S & F for you my friend.

I was going to buy AIG stocks last week.....should have bought them the week before and sold last week, why i didn't?!, simple, i had a hunch the feds where propping them up to bring in the suckers before the big crash.

They will try this on other stocks as well other then mae and mac.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Glad I could oblige you.....

I need to pay attention more when clicking around these threads at night!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Never said that the other guy wasn't in the field just saying your praising a man that clearly has his own seperate agenda. And also sorry I didn't miss that, and I find it funny that your so stupidly sarcastic and clearly missed my entire point.

If I got onto CNBC I would definitely promote ATS.
Nothing wrong with self promotion on the television.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Peter Schiff speaks the words and thoughts that are rattling around inside my brain.

There is so much wrong with our current economic policy...the worst of which is letting the gov't choose the winners and losers via bailouts.

I am against 'czars' in general, but I would support Schiff to be economic czar.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
To me this all screams "give the ceo's enough time to refill their money bags so they can get up and get out before our toothpick supports break. It is what is called Short-Term Gain.

"Bullish"
why do they all say that so much?

We're screwed, I'm glad I live in a small town in a rich state because it is gonna get BAD...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Double post sorry

[edit on 8/31/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Yes, yes. I get it, the separate agenda. I would be interested in your take on what Schiff's separate agenda might be. (On a side note, we all rush to these posts and at times err in usage. Try using "you are" or "you're" when pointing out my stupid sarcasm. I know, you have a busy posting schedule. Thanks.)

As for me, I am not praising Schiff's agenda. I agree with his statements in these video clips. That is all. I can only speculate on what his agenda might be from those statements and I will take a stab at that now.

I take it that Schiff would have advised making the tough decisions sooner than later and letting corrupt and poorly run businesses fail. I don't see where his firm would gain from announcing they will not be promoting these government backed hot house flowers. Will that tact lead to new investors at Euro Pacific Capital? I doubt that but have no way of quantifying it. Due to the current devaluation of the US dollar people are looking to divest themselves of dollars. The historical trend has been to buy stocks or precious metals in such times. Schiff's current statements do anything but instill confidence in the market. What is the gain from that for his firm? Are speculators flocking to Euro Pacific to buy gold? I think that ship has sailed. Is he hoping to gain believers in his analysis? Likely but the payoff from that would only be seen after an extended recession and another substantial market correction. That seems a transparent and nearly optimistic agenda to me despite the obvious pain that would need to be endured getting to that place. If Schiff is wrong the current bubble, miniscule as it is, will not burst and we will all have a Merry Christmas. No harm, no foul and Schiff and his firm will pay the price for his honest opinion. I reiterate that the other panelists had little defense against his statements.

The Devil We Know

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

LOL, hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. That is the best video in the world. Im gonna nominate that for an Oscar, Nobel, Peabody and any other prize out there. LOL, HILARIOUS.

Ooooooooh the government can!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Oh man, you hurt me with this one.

I fell to the floor laughing, LOL.

One star is not enough !

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

His firm is going to capitalize by promoting stocks that they deem 'safe'. How the heck else does an investment firm make money. (Also if YOU'RE going to correct someones english use real words, not words like err which is clearly hogwash. I know your busy posting schedule makes that difficult but please try.) (Also, Also, do you have a masters, doctrine, or even a bachelors in English Literature?? If not please don't correct anyone's spelling your not qualified.)(Also, Also, Also before you ask I don't have one but I also didn't cast the first stone.)

So do you really think Schiff has his own investment firm to make money or something else, like say... bagels.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I should have seen the evidence of your doctorate. You know your stupid. I bow to your superior knowledge.

AIG CEO's true passion is wine

He (AIG's new CEO, Robert Benmosche) recently made waves by saying that New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo had acted like a "criminal" and also ignored concerns about corporate excess by showing a Reuters
reporter around his 12-bathroom villa in Dubrovnik. And his very presence here has upset some -- as he came to Croatia on holiday only days after taking the helm at AIG on Aug. 10. - Adam Tanner for Reuters - Thu Sep 3, 2009

As I stated earlier in this thread, sometimes the truth masquerades as the truth. Schiff apparently earns a living in investments and that has no impact on the veracity of his statements in the CNBC clips presented. You can't wrap your head around that. So be it.

AIG board seen concerned by CEO comments

In March, New York's top lawman issued subpoenas following news that AIG had paid $169 million (103.9 million pounds) in bonuses to employees in its money-losing financial products division. The payments sparked congressional and public outrage, as AIG has received more than $180 billion of federal aid. - Juan Lagorio for Reuters - Wed Sep 2, 2009

You continually ignore the subject matter while trifling with me. Who cares about Schiff's hidden agenda? I for one care about the economy and the continued bailout and fleecing of the country's wealth. The posted clips are from August 28th and the Reuters reports are from this week. It would seem Schiff was on top of this and perhaps a little soft in his statements. He likely could not dig too deep into AIG on NBC. Again, a very timely post tentickles!

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Hemisphere]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Also if YOU'RE going to correct someones english use real words, not words like err which is clearly hogwash.

Main Entry: err
Pronunciation: \ˈer, ˈər\
Function: intransitive verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French errer, from Latin errare to wander, err; akin to Old English ierre wandering, perverse, Gothic airzeis deceived
Date: 14th century
1 archaic : stray
2 a : to make a mistake b : to violate an accepted standard of conduct - Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary

There's a lot to the etymology but no mention of hogwash here.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

His firm is going to capitalize by promoting stocks that they deem 'safe'. How the heck else does an investment firm make money. (Also if YOU'RE going to correct someones english use real words, not words like err which is clearly hogwash. I know your busy posting schedule makes that difficult but please try.) (Also, Also, do you have a masters, doctrine, or even a bachelors in English Literature?? If not please don't correct anyone's spelling your not qualified.)(Also, Also, Also before you ask I don't have one but I also didn't cast the first stone.)

So do you really think Schiff has his own investment firm to make money or something else, like say... bagels.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by NoJoker13]

And so funny he do not say people should invest in stocks, he tells people to save up instead, so your point do not really fit to these vids mate.

Best regards

Loke.:.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

While promoting an investment firm, double standard, double standard. McDonalds also puts out nutritional facts. Get what I'm saying.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Ummm this whole thread is about peter schiff schooling cnbc??? Are we talking about something else now? Wouldn't that be time to maybe make another thread? I'm clearly talking about schiff and only schiff. Obviously the economy is in trouble, even an idiot can figure that out
. My point is why should we accept anything from a man who makes money off of investments??? You still didn't answer my question of why schiff has/or works for an investment firm? If it isn't to make money, then what exactly is he doing???

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

You still didn't answer my question of why schiff has/or works for an investment firm? If it isn't to make money, then what exactly is he doing???

Of course he makes money from Euro Pacific Capital; you answered your own question. He is considered an authority on investing in the market at least by CNBC and that was why he was interviewed. I also addressed that back on August 30th.

I find it funny how you missed the introductions. Bulls: Joel Miller, Chief strategist for Wall Street Capital and Dan North, Chief Economist at Euler Hermes. Bears: Paul Schatz, President of Heritage Capital, and Peter Schiff, President of Euro Pacific Capital. Yes, rip-roaringly funny how you missed the fact that the entire panel has day jobs. Of course they are all promoting their own firms but that is known to all from the start. - Hemisphere

"Known to all from the start". I have to retract that as you are too dim and need every nuance spelled out. Multiple times.

And again, how does earning a living in investments negate his statements? You will not answer so I will. It does not.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join