It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff Teaches the Morons at CNBC a Lesson! (August 28th)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Go Mr. Schiff!

Isnt it great when someone actually tells the truth while on the MSM...?

Love it when someone isnt just a talking head but actually a person.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I'm surprised they let him back on. I thought they were blacklisting him for a while.

He must have educated too many people

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I'm glad even the bulls think aig and citi shooting through the roof is a bunch of BS..

The economy is sick, and I'm glad Peter is tossing the Depression word out there, also I laughed at their argument at the end.. classic.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I couldnt resist.

The government can because they mix it with lies and make the world taste goooooood.

[edit on 8/30/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

That was hysterical

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

S and F!!

Great vids, thank you for providing them.

Also, look at the CEO of AIG - he sold ALL his stock to a shell company he owns. So, he actually got out of AIG.

It is so sad that people that are in charge of other people's retirement accounts are buying into the stocks like they are. Those people are going to be losing big time, when the market starts taking a dive in the very near future!

The market is a farce right now, all the insiders have been getting out of it, including CEO's of companies!!

The regular folks are about to lose it all, if they are in the market.

The manipulation is horrendous.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I couldnt agree more QA. Like Mr. Schiff said: The current market is for suckers.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Hmmmm,

You can easily tell which ones were paid to say the things they said...

I like this quote, it explains what is happening right in front of you in this vid...

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer
German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Great Post, and Videos! The truth seems so obvious...
The market is manipulated by the Fed, they will keep it artificially
"up" till the chosen time.

As QA mentioned also, there is so much insider selling now it is obvious. If you are a CEO or CFO and have no confidence in your own corporation, and are selling thier stock, that says it all!

S&F!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I find it funny they are talking AIG and buying 10,000 would be worth 20 some thousand now.

When if you bought citigroup 10,000 worth a little over a year ago today it would be worth about 51,000.

So why they keep talking AIG I would guess is to get more investors into AIG considering a portion of them (investors) said they were going to go to citigroup once it hit 5 a share which it did at the end of last week.

So that may have changed but as of a few months ago it hadn't and considering Citigroup just voted a week or 2 ago approval to do a reverse stock split which I assume it was approved, that would mean allowing more investors to go to Citigroup. But sense it went over 5 at the end of the week I don't believe they now need to do a reverse stock split sense the magic number was 5 so to speak in the first place.

That being said earlier this year CNN reported 20% of AIG holders wanted to buy into citigroup and get out of AIG stating that they couldn't until Citi hit the 5 a share mark due to some law for large investors (firms).

I just find the report odd and out of place hyping up AIG when citi itself has outdone them percentage wise if you go from the 0.88 cents a share it was at and now over 5 yes that was over a year ago I think. I know it hit slightly over a 1.00 at least twice this year so still a larger turn around percentage wise.

Other stocks also did much better than AIG just using Citi as an example so it makes me wonder what the heck is up with AIG and it does not present itself well in my eyes considering I invest myself I would never buy AIG or at least not until this govt. money filters through it to get a more accurate reading.

Edit: Thank heavens all the people on the panel they interviewed pretty much agreed it means nothing lol.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Great videos! Thanks for posting these, I'd missed them.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA cant cnbc get anyone who thinks AIG, citi fannie and freddie are worth their current price?

Beyond hilarious that the bulls where even like aig should not be this high. SO funny I was cracking up, some cnbc executive is like don't we any sellouts who can give some reason as to why aig should be worth what it is?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Excellent post tentickles. Toward the end of the second clip you see very clearly the NBC agenda. The woman interviewing asks a very leading question.

OK Dan, just quickly I want a rebuttal from the from the bulls side. I mean isn't there an argument to be made that if there wasn't a bailout we'd be in far worse shape for a far longer period of time than we are right now?

Why isn't she just broadcasting the NBC party line? *snip* Why the pretense of an unbiased debate? What the hell kind of interview is that when she answers her own question within the framework of the same question? All of NBC is pro Obama, agenda driven, GE protective nonsense. Despite this, you have to continue to monitor the drivel they spew. You have got to know your enemy as annoying and illogical as they choose to be.

Yes, the opposition agreeing with Schiff is funny.
The subject matter however is deadly serious.

MOD NOTE:Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Good posts, good fun.

They are talking about the doubling of these stocks whereas if you bought AIG a few years ago you would have lost something like 98% of your money right now. It's like losing a dollar and then getting all excited because you found a penny in the sofa crack and earlier in the week you found another penny under the fridge...could things finally be looking up at last?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Completely agree. Peter nailed it with his explination on those who are trading in their dollar for something more substantial. Like all those cash for gold programs. The rich and able are buying up mineral stocks like their going out of style. As he said the stocks will go up while the Govt. continues to buy everything up.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I find it funny he's promoting his own investment firm in the backround of the entire video. Someone has an alternative agenda just like everyone else. No one is always right and if this guy is claiming to be 100% he's probably dead wrong. Again he's promoting his own investment firm.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

I find it funny he's promoting his own investment firm in the backround of the entire video. Someone has an alternative agenda just like everyone else. No one is always right and if this guy is claiming to be 100% he's probably dead wrong. Again he's promoting his own investment firm.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

I find it funny how you missed the introductions. Bulls: Joel Miller, Chief strategist for Wall Street Capital and Dan North, Chief Economist at Euler Hermes. Bears: Paul Schatz, President of Heritage Capital, and Peter Schiff, President of Euro Pacific Capital. Yes, rip-roaringly funny how you missed the fact that the entire panel has day jobs. Of course they are all promoting their own firms but that is known to all from the start. Notice the Euler Hermes logo behind North also "in the backround of the entire video". (NBC has yet to impose Obama's face on their peacock.) That said, the other three panelists have precious little to say against Schiff's take on these stocks and the propping up of the economy. Sometimes the truth masquerades as the truth. Time will tell, so get your "Joker" bucks in on the AIG train right now my friend. I for one would not feel confident investing in AIG, Citi, Bank of America, Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.

I suspect you would have been happier to hear from four "jokers" off the street with no understanding of the subject. That would be tantamount to choosing a Secretary of the Treasury that is incapable of filing his own taxes. Oops, that has happened. A bad example there.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Gotta love Schiff.

Anyway I have to say the market is a 0% indicator of recovery to me, the market lives in its own world and its not the real one! Personally I felt the downturn much earlier then the market, when did it hit me? When gas zoomed to $4 a gallon. All my extra money went into my gas tank and then the price of -everything- went up with the gas. Then -bam- gas went down and we started to catch a break and then it starts creeping up again! The Market can say what it likes but until the everyday Joe and Jane catches a break on their day to day expences and feels like they have some job security will any real recovery take place!

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Helmkat]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Thank you, I couldnt have put it better. When the market goes up lately the dollar takes a dive, that isnt good, also we see crude oil going up and the pundits and msm say how good that is etc. Hell no it isnt good when oil goes up!!! You think we want to pay over 4 bucks for a gallon of gas again? Exactly right in saying the market has nothing to do with main streets recovery, dont get sucked into their game. They'll destroy you!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the vids! I enjoy watching him.
I think he is right most of the time. Indeed he predicted the collapse.
Its an extreme view and a worst case scenario to most however.
I think it is a denial others have toward him, like it could never happen.
What he almost seems to forget is the willingness of the ptb to continue
the status quo at any cost.
Which is of course to take this country to the cleaners.
Through wars, recessions, bailouts, tax cuts, giveaways, cronyism,
corruption, greed, coverups, black ops, etc, etc, etc ...
Sorry almost took off on a rant. Thanks again!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join