It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Nazca Lines" near Pine Gap, Northern Territory, Australia

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
No updates? Has anyone made any phone calls? Any Aussies? If not let me know. Happy to make the calls if not.

I'm from the NT so I know it rather well, haven't hanged out at Todd mall for years.

If something comes of the phone calls I am happy to stop by Alice and investigate and report back.

Stan

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
this is a pretty amazing find!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stanislas

G'Day Stan

I shall be calling tomorrow and will update here roughly about 0100 hrs AEST

I'm of the belief that no matter what the answer is given by the AZRL the spirals are worth investigating in the flesh

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
A little off-topic post just to ask this: Zorgon, do you have the Henbury meteorite craters in your "collection"?

Forgot to get back on this... Yes I did the Australian Section

www.thelivingmoon.com...

I have some other countries in progress but there are too many

Go here and look under craters

www.thelivingmoon.com...

[edit on 10-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well one story is that they're spiral Buffle Grass plantings done in the 60's or 70's to prevent dust which was making it difficult for aircraft to land at Alice Springs airport.

The other person I talked said they were Buffle grass but tests for stockfeed.

I must say the folk up were nice and accommodating and said the guy that planted these is still in Alice Springs and will try and put me in contact.

www.tropicalgrasslands.asn.au...

Case still not solved

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
O heck well thanks to obtaining some search parameters I found this:

You can see spiral planting pictures on this website :O

www.waru.org...

Landcare - Umuwa Project 2

Pitjantjatjara Council staff had worked with Land Conservation staff on the Warburton project with their own equipment in February 1992 and again on the Umuwa project in March 1993. They were now able to use this experience and continue establishing demonstration plots for Aboriginal people to learn from.

In March 94 it was decided to conduct more trials at site 3 in the Ernabella creek floodout area. Nine spirals were ploughed next to the road, south of those ploughed the year before. A seed mix of ennapogon avenaceus, e. polyphyllus, panicum decompositum and astrebla pectinata in saw dust was made and planted on each spiral. Old man saltbush (atriplex nummularia) was also planted.

It was also decided to hand plant acacia murrayana, a. ligulata and a. victoriae on the spirals. These seeds were scarified using boiling water. The seeds were covered for twenty minutes with water which had been boiled. After drying in the sun the seeds were then planted on the spirals at site three.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somamech
Well one story is that they're spiral Buffle Grass plantings done in the 60's or 70's to prevent dust which was making it difficult for aircraft to land at Alice Springs airport.

Buffle Grass eh?
We can add that to 'swamp gas' and 'weather balloons'

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Well I guess I can still go check it out. I wont be able to stay long, maybe 3 or 4 days including the weekend.

It is going to have to be in the next few weeks so will start planning a trip.

Any other particular subject any of you would like me to check out while I am in the area let me know. (Sorry, I will not be goin snooping around PG).

[edit on 13-9-2009 by stanislas]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

This nearly confirms my theory of a type of re-vegetation plot I mentioned way back on page two.

Seems the right explanation is also the least interesting in a place like this

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
This nearly confirms my theory of a type of re-vegetation plot I mentioned way back on page two.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hero biscuits are too dry and bitter.

I'd prefer a good Timtam thanks!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This is a great thread for me that is close to home and I also learnt something as well. So..

Thank you Zorgon for doing what you do and finding the spirals in the NT. Fantastic work
Considering there was not one community icon in that area of Google Earth that questioned it or a Google search easy enough to find information on it. Well done. With PG so close I would still be suspicious myself.

Chadwickus: You are correct in saying you nearly got it right

Somamech: Thanks for making the call mate. I cant wait to go back, its been a long time. Well done with the update

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Not quite yet Buck Roger

First and foremost: You all provided no proof whatsoever!!! and I will let you in on a little secret with Direct Seeding.. Till this day in OZ the Olympic seeding project was the largest
( I know that well)

Second: You and every other Tractor Jumper owe us a TimTam for the hard work which you didn't provide

Third: The mystery ain't quite Solved.... and this is the most important point of all

Fourth see third

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Phew, lucky I put in 'nearly' solved.

Until we get some on the ground photos of the area then it won't be completely solved.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

More the merrier I say !

There are some pertinent details in the original post which are NOT solved as of yet.. and that is q investigation pending

I have a feeling only a few can know why

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I can't explain black fella law. Stars and rotation are a known maybe

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Somamech]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Now we are talking ancient knowledge

We have figured out a cause to some dirt manipulation but yet to know why?

We know many Black Fellas tried to help invaders through out history but we don't know the history to the spirals as used by the original inhabitants...

And the thread Continues

EDIT: for rightful history

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Somamech]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nice thread zorgon. Did you see the picture with the top half of the mountain totally flattened and a runway on it? I'll tryand find it. Erik Von danikin might be crazy but if you believe that stuff he thinks acients built these runways in hopes that the "gods" would return.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
While planning my trip something was bothering me with the website that Somamech posted. (great find btw).

from the source:

spirals were ploughed next to the road, south of those ploughed the year before

then this...

Pitjantjatjara Council staff had worked with Land Conservation staff on the Warburton project with their own equipment in February 1992 and again on the Umuwa project in March 1993.

Umuwa is in South Australia not the Northern Territory. It is somewhat 350km south west of Alice Springs.

I found the 9 spirals they created but didn’t find their previous ones.

They are located at : 26°30'20.15"S 132° 3'55.82"E

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4000e389f812.jpg[/atsimg]

The largest seem to be around 30 metres in diameter from GE
They don’t seem as old or as large as the ones in Alice Springs. Maybe here the vegetation experiment worked and not in Alice?

I have not yet been able to find a connection with the source and the spirals in Alice Springs.

Stan

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I found the other spirals... was looking in the wrong direction. Look below the 9 spirals following the road and you should see 4 spirals, one being about 50 metres in diameter.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by stanislas]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join