It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Smokey God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I came across this story some time ago and would like to share it with you.

It reveals the existence of a 'hollow earth' and tells of those 'chosen' who dwell 'within'......

Here are the links:

Part One - Authors Foreward
Part Two - Olaf Jansen's Story
Part Three - Beyond The North Wind
Part Four - In The Under World
Part Five - Among The Ice Packs
Part Six - Conclusion
Part Seven - Authors Afterword

I would really recommend reading this wonderful story in full, but for those who dont have the time, here are some excerts......

Olaf Jansen makes the startling announcement through me, an humble instrument, that in like manner, God created the earth for the "within" - that is to say, for its lands, seas, rivers, mountains, forests and valleys, and for its other internal conveniences, while the outside surface of the earth is merely the veranda, the porch, where things grow by comparison but sparsely, like the lichen on the mountain side, clinging determinedly for bare existence.

Take an egg-shell, and from each end break out a piece as large as the end of this pencil. Extract its contents, and then you will have a perfect representation of Olaf Jansen's earth. The distance from the inside surface to the outside surface, according to him, is about three hundred miles. The center of gravity is not in the center of the earth, but in the center of the shell or crust; therefore, if the thickness of the earth's crust or shell is three hundred miles, the center of gravity is one hundred and fifty miles below the surface.

On the top of a high mountain, near the fountain-head of these four rivers, Olaf Jansen, the Norseman, claims to have discovered the long-lost "Garden of Eden," the veritable navel of the earth, and to have spent over two years studying and reconnoitering in this marvelous "within" land, exuberant with stupendous plant life and abounding in giant animals; a land where the people live to be centuries old, after the order of Methuselah and other Biblical characters; a region where one-quarter of the "inner" surface is water and three-quarters land; where there are large oceans and many rivers and lakes; where the cities are superlative in construction and magnificence; where modes of transportation are as far in advance of ours as we with our boasted achievements are in advance of the inhabitants of "darkest Africa."

The distance directly across the space from inner surface to inner surface is about six hundred miles less than the recognized diameter of the earth. In the identical center of this vast vacuum is the seat of electricity -- a mammoth ball of dull red fire -- not startlingly brilliant, but surrounded by a white, mild, luminous cloud, giving out uniform warmth, and held in its place in the center of this internal space by the immutable law of gravitation. This electrical cloud is known to the people "within" as the abode of "The Smoky God." They believe it to be the throne of "The Most High."

Some of the rivers "within," Olaf Jansen claims, are larger than our Mississippi and Amazon rivers combined, in point of volume of water carried; indeed their greatness is occasioned by their width and depth rather than their length, and it is at the mouths of these mighty rivers, as they flow northward and southward along the inside surface of the earth, that mammoth icebergs are found, some of them fifteen and twenty miles wide and from forty to one hundred miles in length.

I tried to forget my thirst by busying myself with bringing up some food and an empty vessel from the hold. Reaching over the side-rail, I filled the vessel with water for the purpose of laving my hands and face. To my astonishment, when the water came in contact with my lips, I could taste no salt. I was startled by the discovery. "Father!" I fairly gasped, "the water, the water; it is fresh!" "What, Olaf?" exclaimed my father, glancing hastily around. "Surely you are mistaken. There is no land. You are going mad." "But taste it!" I cried.

And thus we made the discovery that the water was indeed fresh, absolutely so, without the least briny taste or even the suspicion of a salty flavor.

One day about this time, my father startled me by calling my attention to a novel sight far in front of us, almost at the horizon. "It is a mock sun," exclaimed my father. "I have read of them; it is called a reflection or mirage. It will soon pass away."

But this dull-red, false sun, as we supposed it to be, did not pass away for several hours; and while we were unconscious of its emitting any rays of light, still there was no time thereafter when we could not sweep the horizon in front and locate the illumination of the so-called false sun, during a period of at least twelve hours out of every twenty-four.

[align=center][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62f439bca523.jpg[/atsimg][/align]

Clouds and mists would at times almost, but never entirely, hide its location. Gradually it seemed to climb higher in the horizon of the uncertain purply sky as we advanced. It could hardly be said to resemble the sun, except in its circular shape, and when not obscured by clouds or the ocean mists, it had a hazy-red, bronzed appearance, which would change to a white like a luminous cloud, as if reflecting some greater light beyond.

We finally agreed in our discussion of this smoky furnace-colored sun, that, whatever the cause of the phenomenon, it was not a reflection of our sun, but a planet of some sort -- a reality.13

-----------------------------------------------------

The immense craft paused, and almost immediately a boat was lowered and six men of gigantic stature rowed to our little fishing-sloop. They spoke to us in a strange language. We knew from their manner, however, that they were not unfriendly.

[align=center][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b82e117fb3a0.jpg[/atsimg][/align]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The houses were large and beautifully constructed, and quite uniform in appearance, yet without sameness. The principal occupation of the people appeared to be agriculture; the hillsides were covered with vineyards, while the valleys were devoted to the growing of grain.

I never saw such a display of gold. It was everywhere. The door-casings were inlaid and the tables were veneered with sheetings of gold. Domes of the public buildings were of gold. It was used most generously in the finishings of the great temples of music.

Vegetation grew in lavish exuberance, and fruit of all kinds possessed the most delicate flavor. Clusters of grapes four and five feet in length, each grape as large as an orange, and apples larger than a man's head typified the wonderful growth of all things on the "inside" of the earth.

The great redwood trees of California would be considered mere underbrush compared with the giant forest trees extending for miles and miles in all directions. In many directions along the foothills of the mountains vast herds of cattle were seen during the last day of our travel on the river.

-------------------------------------------------

After we had given an account of ourselves to the emissaries from the central seat of government of the inner continent, and my father had, in his crude way, drawn maps, at their request, of the "outside" surface of the earth, showing the divisions of land and water, and giving the name of each of the continents, large islands and the oceans, we were taken overland to the city of "Eden," in a conveyance different from anything we have in Europe or America. This vehicle was doubtless some electrical contrivance. It was noiseless, and ran on a single iron rail in perfect balance. The trip was made at a very high rate of speed. We were carried up hills and down dales, across valleys and again along the sides of steep mountains, without any apparent attempt having been made to level the earth as we do for railroad tracks.

The surprise of my father and myself was indescribable when, amid the regal magnificence of a spacious hall, we were finally brought before the Great High Priest, ruler over all the land. He was richly robed, and much taller than those about him, and could not have been less than fourteen or fifteen feet in height. The immense room in which we were received seemed finished in solid slabs of gold thickly studded with jewels of amazing brilliancy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8fcafd676ed.jpg[/atsimg]

--------------------------------------------------

We learned that the males do not marry before they are from seventy-five to one hundred years old, and that the age at which women enter wedlock is only a little less, and that both men and women frequently live to be from six to eight hundred years old, and in some instances much older.

The people are exceedingly musical, and learned to a remarkable degree in their arts and sciences, especially geometry and astronomy. Their cities are equipped with vast palaces of music, where not infrequently as many as twenty-five thousand lusty voices of this giant race swell forth in mighty choruses of the most sublime symphonies. The children are not supposed to attend institutions of learning before they are twenty years old. Then their school life begins and continues for thirty years, ten of which are uniformly devoted by both sexes to the study of music.

Their principal vocations are architecture, agriculture, horticulture, the raising of vast herds of cattle, and the building of conveyances peculiar to that country, for travel on land and water. By some device which I cannot explain, they hold communion with one another between the most distant parts of their country, on air currents.

All buildings are erected with special regard to strength, durability, beauty and symmetry, and with a style of architecture vastly more attractive to the eye than any I have ever observed elsewhere.

About three-fourths of the "inner" surface of the earth is land and about one-fourth water. There are numerous rivers of tremendous size, some flowing in a northerly direction and others southerly. Some of these rivers are thirty miles in width, and it is out of these vast waterways, at the extreme northern and southern parts of the "inside" surface of the earth, in regions where low temperatures are experienced, that freshwater icebergs are formed. They are then pushed out to sea like huge tongues of ice, by the abnormal freshets of turbulent waters that, twice every year, sweep everything before them.

Whether inland among the mountains, or along the seashore, we found bird life prolific. When they spread their great wings some of the birds appeared to measure thirty feet from tip to tip. They are of great variety and many colors. We were permitted to climb up on the edge of a rock and examine a nest of eggs. There were five in the nest, each of which was at least two feet in length and fifteen inches in diameter.

After we had been in the city of Hectea about a week, Professor Galdea took us to an inlet, where we saw thousands of tortoises along the sandy shore. I hesitate to state the size of these great creatures. They were from twenty-five to thirty feet in length, from fifteen to twenty feet in width and fully seven feet in height. When one of them projected its head it had the appearance of some hideous sea monster.

The strange conditions "within" are favorable not only for vast meadows of luxuriant grasses, forests of giant trees, and all manner of vegetable life, but wonderful animal life as well.

One day we saw a great herd of elephants. There must have been five hundred of these thunder-throated monsters, with their restlessly waving trunks. They were tearing huge boughs from the trees and trampling smaller growth into dust like so much hazel-brush. They would average over 100 feet in length and from 75 to 85 in height.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/369db7cf0e35.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So what do you guys/gals think?

I love the idea of a Hollow Earth, and stories like this one just make it seem more whimsical and magnificent. A real-life Shangri-La.

Finally, one day I told the story in detail to my uncle, Gustaf Osterlind, a man of considerable property, and urged him to fit out an expedition for me to make another voyage to the strange land.

At first I thought he favored my project. He seemed interested, and invited me to go before certain officials and explain to them, as I had to him, the story of our travels and discoveries.

Imagine my disappointment and horror when, upon the conclusion of my narrative, certain papers were signed by my uncle, and, without warning, I found myself arrested and hurried away to dismal and fearful confinement in a madhouse, where I remained for twenty-eight years - long, tedious, frightful years of suffering!

I found that part rather sad.

So, Hollow Earth......thoughts?

Who?
When?
How?
Why?

Etc,etc......

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That was great reading, and I'll go through the links you provided, as well

I think it possible, there's a lot of conflicting reports on things like this for many years, some of which are VERY hard to discount offhand.

Anything is possible
And I love that fact haha

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Im glad you enjoyed it, it truly is a great story.

For me the Hollow Earth theory is one of the more 'far-out' conspiracy theories, but one i still have time for. There are those who believe all planets are like this, and its just the way they work.

I never discount anything offhand, my mind is open, im sur you feel the same

Anything is possible......very true

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Thank you for your post. The Smoky God was a good read 10 years ago as it is today.

I have researched this hollow earth subject to no end and finally at 100 % certain it is real. The whole problem in believing this reality lies in the fact that it is repulsed so quickly with little or no evidence to support its non reality. Its only a theory but if you supply the slightest bit of evidence to support its reality you are labeled insane just like Olaf. And why is that?

Just outside of our view, on the surface, are a group of loyalists to this kingdom who will stop at nothing to protect and hide this kingdom. If it were truly a Noble act, why do you have to conceal it? These puppets who have attained their lofty positions in our society have sold their souls to hide the truth from us. This hidden kingdom has attempted to control and manipulate the brightest and best "our" humanity has to offer behind oaths of secrecy thew what we view as national security, or threw "brotherhood" oaths to secret societies.

I contend those that continue this perverse loyalty, stop and think for a moment, and consider what you have done. You unwittingly hold back humanity from their heritage, and their glorious future. You hold humanity in a physical and spiritual stagnation that is leading to another dark age, and again, they cycle of knowledge and light will continue to be lost again for another 10,000 years..........

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

While there are many unexplored underground caverns, the core of the Earth is made of molten iron. The iron creates the magnetic field that protects our planet from the harmful effects of the sun. Without the magnetic field and the heated core, our planet would become as dead as Mars, with trace water and a very thin atmosphere. The Earth cannot be hollow, as life could not exist.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

While there are many unexplored underground caverns, the core of the Earth is made of molten iron. The iron creates the magnetic field that protects our planet from the harmful effects of the sun. Without the magnetic field and the heated core, our planet would become as dead as Mars, with trace water and a very thin atmosphere. The Earth cannot be hollow, as life could not exist.
You know, this kind of response I was refering to.
Well, lets talk about magnetizem. Here is a question posed to a physics board.

"If I carve out a perfect sphere out of a bar magnet, how will it choose a north and a south pole?"

Answer

The poles of the bar magnet are determined by alignment of magnetic domains, or microscopic volumes of the magnetic material in which the electron spins are substantially pointing in the same direction. The magnetic domains are essentially tiny magnets, each with a north and south pole. They are present in non-magnetized magnetic materials, but their poles are pointing in random directions, thus canceling each other's minute fields so that there is no external magnetic field. When the material is magnetized, usually by applying a high intensity pulse from an external magnetizing field, many of the individual domains rotate so that they are aligned with the external field. This alignment takes energy to overcome the mechanical resistance of rotating the domains, as well as adding energy to the magnet by increasing the order from the random arrangement to the aligned arrangement, i.e., a reduction in entropy.

The resistance to aligning the domains is also what keeps them from spontaneously returning to their original random state when the magnetizing field is removed. This is true in so-called "hard" magnetic materials versus the "soft" materials, which retain very little of the impressed magnetic field.

From this explanation it is seen that the orientation of the poles is contained in the physical alignment of the domains in the original bar magnet. The direction of the poles will therefore be retained in sphere relative to its orientation in the unaltered bar.

The result would be quite different if the magnetic dipoles were composed instead of free monopoles, analogous to electric charges. If a conducting sphere were charged with an excess of electrons, their mutual repulsion would cause them to move and distribute evenly over the surface of the sphere, resulting in no electric "pole" at all.

www.physlink.com...

So it seems its not easy to make a sphere magnetic. I doubt all the planets started off as bar magnets, then some alien race whittled a ball out of them and called them planets.

If you take a bar magnet and stretch it around the middle, pulling the ends together around the middle in the fashion of a sphere, then fusing the two sides together so as to have a hollow sphere with two round holes at the poles, you have a spherical magnet. But Im not suggesting that same alien race did this to the planets either.

So, please explain how a molten sphere of iron can magnetize itself, and how would it retain its "poles"?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Interesting thread my friend, you need to start u2u'ing me your FANTASTIC threads. As always excellent presentation and a very interesting story as well. However, I am not certain that the earth is indeed Hollow. HOWEVER, it is more than possible that it is. The best evidence that I can think of that it is not hollow. Is due to the hot water that is under the oceans, the water is heated by extreme heat from under the earth (Underground Volcanoes). But wow, that is so awesome, what a find you have. I am surprised more people have not looked into this.

S&F

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives

The best evidence that I can think of that it is not hollow. Is due to the hot water that is under the oceans, the water is heated by extreme heat from under the earth (Underground Volcanoes).
S&F

From a previous thread:

Actually the book "etidorphia" explains that it is a chemical reaction where high salt metals come into contact with water. Here is what happens when Sodium is mixed with water. Imagine if it were 50 to 100 pounds, or more, that get drenched in water, under great pressure deep in the crust.

To view the video please go to the thread link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Hollow Earth? how about a cold earth"

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Howdy All Seeing Eye

I noted that your answer about the magnetic pole is taken from one answer by an unknown "Wilber" of unknown background and education. Why not use the more sensible answer provided just below that one?

If you truly believe this idea and think you have a scientific basis for it. Why not go up against real scientists instead of the laymen of the this board? I would recommend you place your idea and proof at this site:

www.bautforum.com...

Good luck

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Howdy All Seeing Eye

I noted that your answer about the magnetic pole is taken from one answer by an unknown "Wilber" of unknown background and education. Why not use the more sensible answer provided just below that one?

If you truly believe this idea and think you have a scientific basis for it. Why not go up against real scientists instead of the laymen of the this board? I would recommend you place your idea and proof at this site:

www.bautforum.com...

Good luck

You are correct, I did not supply additional information. I was concerned a mod would accuse me of excessive quoting. Its happened in the past. Yes, the second answer was much more helpful in explaining how a sphere can be magnetized.

For reference here is the second answer.

Simple - it keeps the same north and south directions that it had when it was still part of the bar magnet. You can think of the bar magnet as being made up of a whole bunch of really really teeny bar magnets. The bar magnet gets its overall magnetization because all of these little component magnets are pointing in the same direction, and add up for an overall effect. So when you carve out your sphere, all the little teeny parts are still going to be in line with each other, and still be pointing the same way they were when they were part of the rest of the bar (unless you change their direction by spinning the sphere after you remove it).

Some people might be bothered by this description because they have been told that there are no "magnetic monopoles," i.e. there are no teeny little isolated magnetic field sources. This is true, but it turns out that if you take an electric field source (such as an electron) and run it around in a circle (say as if it were orbiting an atom), it then exhibits a magnetic moment, and looks a lot like a little magnet. These are the little magnets that I was referring to.

The next logical question might be, "well, if all it takes is electrons orbiting atoms to make up a little magnet, then why isn't everything made up of atoms magnetic?" The answer is that in a lot of cases, the teeny little magnets cancel each other out. One way they can do this is if you have two electrons orbiting a nucleus, only in opposite directions (i.e. one clockwise, one counterclockwise). Another way that magnetic fields cancel out is if the teeny bar magnets in a material are free to jiggle around in the material, and they become randomly oriented - then on average you have the same number pointed in one direction as in the opposite direction, and you get no overall effect. It's only in some special kinds of materials that you can get all the little bar magnets pointing in the same direction, and then "freeze" them there. These materials are then called magnetic materials, for obvious reasons.

Answered by: Gregory Ogin, Physics Undergraduate Student, UST, St. Paul, MN

What this all means is that the earth can only be a magnet, if it acts like a bar magnet.

I theorize that all those little "magnets" had their polarization take place while the planet was still a molten orb. As time past and the planet cooled, the orientation of the poles was "Frozen" in place. For this theory to work, the earth must be a hollow sphere with openings at each end so that the magnets would know north from south, a modified bar magnet.

But to be fair to the opposing theory, that being a solid molten middle I would add the HET (hollow earth theory) does in fact have a solid molten center called a central sun. This portion of the theory is probably the most inconceivable part of it. But if one takes the time to really investigate this with a open mind one could find logical reasons and forces that could actually keep the Central sun in place.

One could be that the central sun is charged oppositely than the earth, and would be like opposite poles of a magnet that repel each other, and since the field is wrapped around this molten mass, it is held dead center. A magnet within a magnet.

Now if anyone reviewed the previous videos concerning the earth expansion, it becomes obvious that if the earth is getting larger, then there must be a force behind this. I would contend that this force is the magnetic "Push" of the earth is not as strong as the magnetic "Push" of the central sun, and the earth's crust is thinned by this action, and is compounded by the rotation which aids this thinning.

If the earth was completely solid, any thinning of the crust would be held in check by molecular attraction, or a negative pressure as in a vacuum.

The only two ways the earth could grow in size is if additional materials were added to it in sufficient quantities to double the earths size. The other way is to equalize the pressures inside and out. In other words, atmosphere from the outer surface would have to be drawn into the interior void to allow the crust to expand, the balloon principals.

A solid earth would require twice the material added to get to this size. A hollow earth would only require a difference in inner and outer pressures to get larger. The present earth does not show miles and miles of additional materials added to it, but it does show "Stretch marks" in the oceans.

Conclusion:

By a preponderance of the evidence I would conclude the planet is a hollow sphere with openings at the poles that is stretching like a balloon.

For your other suggestion about laymen, it can be taken two ways. "Go away kid, you bother me", or, a sincere interest in the possibility of the subject matter being taken seriously by the scientific community.

I favor the second as I have come to respect many of the members opinions, and I am honored that it would be suggested that I be the one to put this theory forth. But on the other hand, I am a Iconoclast and reject virtually everything that has been taught to the present. I do not posses the tools, or in this case, the weapons of the institutional education.

I will however, consider posting key "questions" to such a board, to possibly ignite a fire of "Inquisition". Let the chips fall where they may

Oh, one other thing, "Wilber" of the first answer is

Answered by: Scott Wilber, President, ComScire - Quantum World Corporation
www.physlink.com...

top topics

join