It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truly my last post on this website regarding Christianity's hate towards Islam.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hmmm.... Interesting,

If there's no sex in heaven, I would rather go to hell.

arc

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
do any of you who seem to have a big problem with muslims actually know any on a personal level? Have you spoken to them about their beliefs? Have you talked to the average NON FUNDAMENTALIST muslim about what their faith means to them?

yes I mention fundamentalists because both christianity and islam have too many of the dangerous little ****heads, and not only do they give each faith a very bad reputation but also go against the basic tenaments of the true teachings of each's God.

Christian fundamentalists scare me just as much - seeing satan in the actions of anything that does not conform to their rigid dogma. Anti-gays, anti-abortion (yes I'm pro-choice and proud of it), anti-anything that their narrow little minds either can't comprehend or feel threatened by. Where's the love in that one guys?

Muslims believe in jesus - they count him as the greatest prophet ever to walk this earth. They accept Mohammed was a human, but they actually believe Jesus was more than just a man!

And while it is against islam to be gay, they do not see it as a thing to persecute, but an illness to cure with love, tolerance, understanding, prayer and education. Now I personally don't agree with this one - but all respect to them for their attitude.

Why not try to understand and respect the similarities in the two faiths, instead of picking holes in the differences? That behaviour is born of ignorance, hatred and intolerance and if I believed he existed then I would probably say THAT is the theology of Satan

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
umm i am a christian and i dont hate islam. a christian that hates islam is really not a loving christian as god wants us to be. i would just like to say taht im christian and i dont hate islam.

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
(Truth,great posts .......)
(Arc,i agree with you about judging someone ,when we should be looking at our own faults....its easier to see and judge someone elses faults then our own...As a Christian myself, i have on many occasions judged out of ignorance and not out of love .......this is as you quote///the theology of satan.......... if I believed he existed then I would probably say THAT is the theology of Satan

Christianity is not based on "hate

God revealed to us concerning Himself that He is a "bodiless and invisible spirit""(John4:24)

The Law of God...........Archpriest Seraphim Slobodskoy(1912-1971)......FIRST ENGLISH EDITION......

....we do not see the air, but we see its actions and resullts;the movement of the air has great power....
We feel and we know that we cannot live without the air that we breathe.So also we do not see God,but we see His activity and its results,His wisdom and power are everywhere in the world,and we feel them in ourselves.
The invisible God, out of love for us,at various times appeared to rightous people in a visible form-in images, or , reflections of Himself,that is to say, in such a form that they could behold Him.Otherwise they would have perished from directly beholding His majesty and glory.

God said to Moses,There shall no man see Me, and live(Ex.33;20)If the sun blinds us with its brilliance, and we cannot look upon this creation from God lest we be blinded, then how much more so, on God Who created it.For God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all (1John 1:5), and He dwells in unapproachable light(1Timo.6:16)

God is eternal
(Ps.89:3,Ex.40:28)

God is unchanging
(James1:17,Mal3:6)

God is omnipotent
(Gen.17:1,Luke 1:37)

God is omnipresent
(Ps.138:7-12)

God is omniscient
(1John3:20,Heb.4:13)

(great book on the creation.......and yes, science once again has failed on its ""thory of evolution and big bang.....(that theory has long been gone)

As for Christianitys hate towards islam ........ wrong......

The big Powers are the ones that are causing all the Hatred in this world to escalate to big proportions of Hate .......
Christianity never teaches Hate ,on the contrary,
Christianity is based on LOVE .................................

Sorry for the long post .......i

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by helen]

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen
(Truth,great posts .......)
(Arc,i agree with you about judging someone ,when we should be looking at our own faults....its easier to see and judge someone elses faults then our own...As a Christian myself, i have on many occasions judged out of ignorance and not out of love .......this is as you quote///the theology of satan.......... if I believed he existed then I would probably say THAT is the theology of Satan

Christianity is not based on "hate

God revealed to us concerning Himself that He is a "bodiless and invisible spirit""(John4:24)

The Law of God...........Archpriest Seraphim Slobodskoy(1912-1971)......FIRST ENGLISH EDITION......

....we do not see the air, but we see its actions and resullts;the movement of the air has great power....
We feel and we know that we cannot live without the air that we breathe.So also we do not see God,but we see His activity and its results,His wisdom and power are everywhere in the world,and we feel them in ourselves.
The invisible God, out of love for us,at various times appeared to rightous people in a visible form-in images, or , reflections of Himself,that is to say, in such a form that they could behold Him.Otherwise they would have perished from directly beholding His majesty and glory.

God said to Moses,There shall no man see Me, and live(Ex.33;20)If the sun blinds us with its brilliance, and we cannot look upon this creation from God lest we be blinded, then how much more so, on God Who created it.For God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all (1John 1:5), and He dwells in unapproachable light(1Timo.6:16)

God is eternal
(Ps.89:3,Ex.40:28)

God is unchanging
(James1:17,Mal3:6)

God is omnipotent
(Gen.17:1,Luke 1:37)

God is omnipresent
(Ps.138:7-12)

God is omniscient
(1John3:20,Heb.4:13)

(great book on the creation.......and yes, science once again has failed on its ""thory of evolution and big bang.....(that theory has long been gone)

As for Christianitys hate towards islam ........ wrong......

The big Powers are the ones that are causing all the Hatred in this world to escalate to big proportions of Hate .......
Christianity never teaches Hate ,on the contrary,
Christianity is based on LOVE .................................

Sorry for the long post .......i

Sorry, Christianity is not based on either love or hate, same with islam, same with hinduism, etc.

& btw, according to the bible God is not omnipotent

a God who needs to put his son threw pain for humanities sins is not omnipotent, if he was omnipotent nobody had to die or even go through pain, he couldve erased it, theres also no need for sacrifice of any kind when god is spoken of (not that jesus was sacrifice, he took him up to heaven, but he stil had to go threw pain)

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
His Son......................He is God..................He put Himself for fallen humanity..............

All throughout the Bible ,O.T.and N.T talks of a Saviour being born and resurrected for fallen humanity..............

The seed(as the First) of the woman shall crush thy head, and thou shall strike at his heel.(Cf.Gen.3;150,
that is from woman there will come forth an loff spring-the Saviour of the world,Who will be born of a virgin,will conquer the Devil and save man,but for this He Himself must suffer.

The very first promise concerning the Redeemer, heard by our fallen ancestors Adam and Eve, contained a prophecy about a special Woman. God said to the devil: "I shall put enmity between thee and the Woman, and between thy seed and Her Seed" (Genesis 3:15). It should be noted that during the time of the Old Testament the progeny were always called the seed or descendent of a male parent. Only here is the Redeemer-to-Come referred to as the Seed of the Woman, and this was the first indication that He would have no human father. Many centuries afterward the prophet Isaiah added important details to this first prophecy of Genesis. He said that the Woman, Who will give birth to the Messiah-Emmanuel, will be a virgin. "God Himself shall give you a sign," explained the prophet Isaiah to the disbelieving descendants of king David, � "the Virgin shall accept into her womb and bear a Son, and shall name Him Emmanuel, which means: God is with us" (Isaiah 7:14). Even though the word "Virgin" did not seem right to the ancient Hebrews, since a birth without fail conjectured conjugal cohabitation, they did not dare to substitute another more "appropriate" word, for example, "woman." Another important message in the prophecy of Isaiah about the coming Messiah is that He will
be God Himself. Hence the title Theotokos � "birth-giver of God" � given to the Virgin Mary by the ancient Church.

taken from..........

www.stmarycoptorthodox.org...

[Edited on 12-3-2003 by helen]

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
helen do you even understand the Old Testament?

In the Old Testament God isn't omnipotent, he's just better than all the other gods.

Think about that one
It's good to go to college.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hammerite

In the Old Testament God isn't omnipotent, he's just better than all the other gods.

Think about that one

God is omnipotent...........(Gen 17:1,Luke1:37)

God wished to create the world and He created it out of nothing by His word alone .
If a man wants to make something,he needs material;without material he cannot make anything........

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Think about that one

God wished to create the world and He created it out of nothing by His word alone .
If a man wants to make something,he needs material;without material he cannot make anything........

negative, read what i originily posted again, and then again like 50x until you understand it

omnipotence = complete control over creation

according to bible, it says god is ominpotent

if he was omnipotent his only son wouldnt have to go threw pain for humanity

again read my post plz

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah

Think about that one

negative, read what i originily posted again, and then again like 50x until you understand it

omnipotence = complete control over creation

according to bible, it says god is ominpotent

if he was omnipotent his only son wouldnt have to go threw pain for humanity

again read my post plz

God being omnipotent.... The word"God" in place is written in the plural ELOHIM,that is Gods(the singular is Eloahor EL-God),and the word 'created'(bara)-is in singular.In this way the original Hebrew text of the Bible, from its very first lines,points to the singular essence of the Persons of the Holy Trinity,saying as it were,"In the begginning Gods(the three persons of the Holy Trinity)created Heaven and earth".
The Psalms also clearly speak of this:By the Word of the Lord the Heavens were established,and all the might of them by the Spirit of His mouth(Ps.32:6).
Here "Word'' means the Son of God,''Lord'' means God the Father and ''the Spirit(breath) of His mouth"means God the Holy Spirit.

The Son of God,Jesus Christ,is plainly called""Word""in the Gospel:In the begginning was the Word....and the Word was God...all things were made by Him,and without Him was not anything made that was made(John1:1-3)

see also (Col.1:16-20)

Fallen mankind.....
Free will is what God gave to the first people .....(as to each of us now)
The fall into sin "For the good that i would do,i do not,it is no more I that do it,but sin that dwelleth in me (Rom7:19-20)
This is first sin (Gen3:6)
Therefore ,it was necessary for God Himself to come down and dwell upon the earth.The incarnation of the Son of God was necessary for the restoration of the fallen and corrupted nature of man, to save man from damnation and eternal death......
(Text taken out of The Law of God first english edition compiled by Archpriest Seraphim Sloboskoy)

In order to understand the meanings in the Bible ,you have to have knowledge of how the people of the O.T wrote and why the Words were placed in that order......
Hebrew use of words etc...............

In the end it comes from Faith and understanding of the Scriptures........

In order not to violate the will of man, it was nesessary that fallen mankind be restored by compassion and by love, so that man would wish voluntarily to return to God, and not by force nor necessity..........God took it upon Himself to come down to earth to take upon Himself our flesh,(original sin)to return us to firstly created paradise....(where there was no sin prior of the Sin of the tree of knowledge)

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
No, God in the Old Testament is not "Omnipotent" he is constantly competing with other Gods, he is not even responsible for all of creation, as there were two seperate gods in Genesis. The Moral god, and the Nature god.

The Nature god being the one who explains how things work, and the Moral one being the god who explains why things are.

For instance, in Genesis you'll see for instance, Adam eat the apple, well this causes two things that two seperate entities (called by the same name) answer to.

One is Adam eating the apple causes humans to eventually die, this explains death this has to do with the "nature god" in Genesis.

Also Adam eating the apple has to do with the understanding of "morality" this is the moral god.

It helps when you understand that until about oh 30 - 100 AD Hebrews, Jews, Israelites what have you, were henotheists.

They believed there were other gods, but there was only ONE God worth worshipping, this was the HEBREW God, and he promissed the Hebrews that they would be the "chosen ones" if they followed cultural and moral rules.

This God was not alone, there were many gods, and many Jews prayed to them too, this is why in the OT you get so much conflict between God and his people "turning their backs on him".

But it was not until some time after Jesus, that God became just God, and there were no other Gods, this is when the idea that God was "omnipotent" came into being.

Before this, God could not have been responsible for everything, simply for humans.

The primative and situational pre-literature society didn't allow for any abstract concept such as "one god".

There HAD to be a god for every effect in the universe, a god of the sky, a god of the trees, and the rocks and birds, because they had no abstract thinking, they had to explain how each thing worked, and it had to remain independant of eachother.

A great example of illiterate society is the Native Americans, they were very "Situational" and unable to think abstractly to the point of not even being able to understand time.

Some tribes could not grasp what 24 hours meant, the sun came up, it went down that was it.

Anyone who thinks the Bible means anything but what is written is a fool.

The bible states "created them in OUR image" not "Me and my angels image" there were no "angels" in ancient hebrew. There were gods. Baal and marduk? Such examples. Maybe marduk was Sumerian.

Let's see what else can I lecture on.

I think I covered it pretty well. History shows that "God" was not omnipotent until monotheism took being, after Jesus.

Oh I wanted to mention God's name is "Yhwh" only, why bother calling him all that other stuff. The Jews came up with him, and named him you should just be respectful and call him by his original and "true" name.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Hammerite...........

Many Gods???
where on earth do you get such words from???
Your wrong!

SO, what is your concept of existence on earth???

Do you follow any form of religion???

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Hammerite...........

Many Gods???
Your wrong!

"All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman." Chronicles 15:13

"If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first hand putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people." Deuteronomy 13:6-9

what a sick religoin

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah

Hammerite...........

Many Gods???
Your wrong!

"All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman." Chronicles 15:13

"If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first hand putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people." Deuteronomy 13:6-9

what a sick religoin

Other religions talk about death of unbelievers as well. How DARE you post those lies?

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Check this out: God *knew* that He wasn't the only god in existence & He even *admits* it to us when He wrote the Ten Commandments!
"Thou shalt not worship any other God above Me." In this simple statement, He *admits* that other gods exist because He tells us that He wants us to worship Him above all others.

So why those Bible-Thumpers still continue to claim that He is the *only* God, I'll never be able to figure out.

arc

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Tooth Fairy if you think quoting scripture equates evil lies, then perhaps you are on the wrong forum. It's not the fault of anyone here if the Bible occasionally makes disturbing reading

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think that what Tooth Fairy doesn't seem to realize that, if these quotes are "evil lies", then those "evil lies" are the actual scriptures themselves. After all, that *is* the source of those quotes in the first place...

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by arc
Tooth Fairy if you think quoting scripture equates evil lies, then perhaps you are on the wrong forum. It's not the fault of anyone here if the Bible occasionally makes disturbing reading

What he posted are lies. His religion doesn't matter, only Jesus will get him into paradise, so pray to Jesus.

He's a traitor.

Islam is evil, Christianity is love and peace.

arc

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
ooooh a fanatic

*rubs hands together in glee*

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
...Yep. I agree Arc...Another example of one who has taken a message of peace & twisted it into a justification for his own hatred.

Can we say, "Brainwashed by the religious conspiracy"?...I knew we could.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join